quade

POTUS vs NPS and Science Agencies Twitter War

According to NPR, this sort of communication pause is common during transitions. Middle management puts things on hold until they get on the same sheet of music as the political appointees. If it continues after the appointed staff is in place that is a different matter. I know it might offend some people that NASA's mission may shift from telling Muslims how awesome they are and climate change, back to space exploration but as Obama said, elections have consequences.

billvon

>I am just pointing out selective outrage

You still haven't produced any evidence that he threatened NASA employees. Or is your memory "selective?"

You are right
I got it wrong
It was the Dept of Energy

Oh, and this has nothing to do with MY selective memory but rather, the left tree huggers selective outrage

http://freebeacon.com/politics/congress-obama-admin-fired-top-scientist-advance-climate-change-plans/

Interesting how they work huh....

“Instead of working to understand the value of the LDRRP for emergency situations, DoE Management engaged in a campaign to terminate research programs that could divert funds from the president’s Climate Action Plan,” the report states.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

JerryBaumchen

Hi John,

My memory . . .

Two completely different things.

1. Pres. Reagan signed the hiring freeze immediately upon entering the Oval Office right after his inauguration.

2. The ATC employees went on strike later. Striking as a fed employee is/was illegal ( ask me how I know ); so Pres. Reagan did a wholesale firing of them.

Then they went thru a hiring process to replace the fired people; I think that is how John Mitchell got on with ATC, a replacement employee.

Larry Bagley of USPA was a ATC controller who went on strike. Their union convinced them that they were so big & necessary that the gov't would yield. Pres. Reagan simply said that since you failed to show up for work => you are gone. He also ordered that none of them could get their jobs back.

:o

Jerry Baumchen

Thanks Jerry,

I had failed to make the distinction.

John

>....just in case you do not like the source I picked.

They are the same sources.

But in any case, let's look at your claim. You said:

"You didn't post anything like this, saying it was chilling, when Obama threatened the climate Skeptics and told them to stay quiet."

"I posted the article years back that disproves what you say here. He threatened NASA employees."

Now let's look at what you posted. The entire basis of that 27 page document is that a scientist's boss told her to remove one slide from her presentation. That slide was entitled "Who is interested in Low Dose research?" Low dose research is a reference to the "Low Dose Radiation Research Project" which has nothing to do with climate change. The scientist was NOT told she could not talk about it, just to remove one slide from a presentation. She refused. She then continued to refuse such instructions from her boss and was eventually fired for it.

So he did not threaten NASA. It was not about climate change. No one was told they couldn't talk about it or "stay quiet."

You didn't read what you posted, did you?

GOVERNMENT SCIENTISTS AT U.S. CLIMATE CONFERENCE TERRIFIED TO SPEAK WITH THE PRESS

While Donald Trump was reviving both the Dakota Access and Keystone XL pipelines, muzzling federal employees, freezing EPA contracts, and first telling the EPA to remove mentions of climate change from its website — and then reversing course — many of the scientists who work on climate change in federal agencies were meeting just a few miles from the White House to present and discuss their work.

The mood was understandably gloomy at the National Conference and Global Forum on Science, Policy, and the Environment. “I don’t know what’s going to happen. No one knows what’s going to happen,” one EPA staffer who works on climate issues told me on Tuesday, as she ate her lunch. She had spent much of her time in recent weeks trying to preserve and document the methane-related projects she’s been working on for years. But the prevailing sense was that, Trump’s claims about being an environmentalist notwithstanding, the president is moving forward with his plan to eviscerate environmental protections, particularly those related to climate change, and the EPA itself.

Source and more:
https://theintercept.com/2017/01/26/government-scientists-at-u-s-climate-conference-terrified-to-speak-with-the-press/
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I also posted this with the link

You are right
I got it wrong
It was the Dept of Energy

But then honesty does not count anymore huh......
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>But then honesty does not count anymore huh......

Let's review. You claimed that it was NASA but it was actually DOD. You apologized for that. Great.

You also claimed that "Obama threatened the climate Skeptics and told them to stay quiet." The article you posted said nothing about Obama. Nor did it say anything about climate skeptics. Nor did it say anything about scientists told to "stay quiet."

If that is your version of "honesty" then I am glad you consider me dishonest.

>You post this as his approval numbers rise.

Latest update on this "alternative fact" -

Favorability rating - 44% positive 50% negative
Wall - 34% support, 53% oppose
Release tax returns - 59% yes

And this part of the poll was fun:

Who will end up being a better President, Donald Trump or…

Barack Obama - Obama wins 48-43
George W. Bush - Bush wins 40-35
Bill Clinton - Clinton wins 51-41

Jimmy Carter - Carter wins 45-42

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2017/01/americans-think-trump-will-be-worst-president-since-nixon.html