turtlespeed

Deer in the headlights:

Hi turtle,

Deer in the headlights

1. If that looks like a 'deer in the headlights' then you do not know much about deer.

2. It was a simple 'gotcha' moment; happens to everyone.

3. And, do you think you would have done better in the same situation?

I thought she handled it very well. But, then again, I am not a HillaryHater.

Jerry Baumchen

JerryBaumchen

Hi turtle,

Deer in the headlights

1. If that looks like a 'deer in the headlights' then you do not know much about deer.

2. It was a simple 'gotcha' moment; happens to everyone.

3. And, do you think you would have done better in the same situation?

Jerry Baumchen

So you took it as I was literally comparing her to a deer in the headlights as opposed to the more logical, realistic, contextual idiom. gotcha

Oops that was a gotcha moment . . . Were you left reeling and unable to speak?

What gotcha moment was it? They were protesting. Maybe the words hurt and she needed her safe space?b seems she might need to be a bit tougher to handle the job she is vying for.

I'm not the one that you are trying to put in charge to make the hard snap decisions that may cost lives.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

SkyDekker

***Hillary Has to be reminded to speak.???

She looks even more flummoxed than Johnson did.

This is very disturbing.

Did Johnson have secret service personnel rushing towards him when he tried to answer? I missed that clip, please link.

No. You are exactly right. He was able to recover on his own. He didn't need someone to remind him to speak.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

If the perceived threat was only verbal, why did the Secret Service rush the stage?

I'm not the one that you are trying to put in charge to make the hard snap decisions that may cost lives.

The President makes almost no snap decisions. You have probably watched a little too much Hollywood produced content.

turtlespeed

******Hillary Has to be reminded to speak.???

This is very disturbing.

Did Johnson have secret service personnel rushing towards him when he tried to answer? I missed that clip, please link.

No. You are exactly right. He was able to recover on his own. He didn't need someone to remind him to speak.

Now I understand why you like Trump so much. You prefer people to just babble and don't care if what they say makes sense.

SkyDekker

If the perceived threat was only verbal, why did the Secret Service rush the stage?

The President makes almost no snap decisions. You have probably watched a little too much Hollywood produced content.

Because she froze. It looked almost like a small seizure. She snapped out of it after the her handler came up and reminded her to keep talking, twice, and then then Repeated herself a few times.

She looked like a deer in the headlights.

normiss

So the answer is "no", as I expected.

Here is what I found.

In this clip, she’s at a rally when a “silent protester” holds up a flag.

She becomes agitated, the Secret Service step in and one agent has to actually tell her to “keep talking.”

jclalor

***Hillary Has to be reminded to speak.???

This is very disturbing.

How did Trump handle the same situation? It looks like he shit his pants.

https://youtu.be/Nis8801egMg

This is about Hillary. You can start your own trump thread.

turtlespeed

***So the answer is "no", as I expected.

Here is what I found.

She becomes agitated, the Secret Service step in and one agent has to actually tell her to “keep talking.”

Oooh, it appears the big bad words, that had her all flustered, were a white sign that said, "until all animals are free".

THATS SCARY

turtlespeed

******So the answer is "no", as I expected.

Here is what I found.

Oooh, it appears the big bad words, that had her all flustered, were a white sign that said, "until all animals are free".

THATS SCARY

LOFL
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

JerryBaumchen

Normally I wouldn't have made a big deal out of this, but it's comments like this that are bred from such blinding bias that irk the hell out of me. I mean really? You think she handled it "very well?"

Here's in instance where she's caught by surprise and told repeatedly to keep talking, and all she can come up with is "Ok, here we are. . .Ok, we’ll keep talking.” :D

...she then refuses to take ownership as always and passes the blame onto Trump with yet another awkward "zinger" - if that's what you can even call it.

It's this type of incompetence and denial of responsibility that has led to questions surrounding her ability.

She is a puppet and represents a large part of what's wrong with this country.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

normiss

The Trump stage dance
Exact same situation, exact same response.
:S

Actually, he commended the police rather than blame his opponent - so no, it's not the "exact same."

...but that's your answer for everything, eh? Because Bush, because Trump.

Must be nice:

"Hey man, you defaulted on your mortgage."

"Meh, at least I didn't go bankrupt like Trump"

"Oh yeah, that makes sense - yeah, everything's cool man - you can keep your house."
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

I think when you have your own SS detail, and they react to defend the last line to protect you, most people seem to think it's serious, hell it pissed Regan off!
I think Trump tried to run from the stage though, so props to Hillary for not ducking and running for cover.

Those aren't police.;)

I think when you have your own SS detail, and they react to defend the last line to protect you, most people seem to think it's serious, hell it pissed Regan off!
I think Trump tried to run from the stage though, so props to Hillary for not ducking and running for cover.