turtlespeed

Chicago - crime uptick and news making police fetal

I think it's more accurate to say that any time a politician's lips are moving he's speaking for his own benefit.

In this case, whether the assertion is true or not, it's deflecting blame from his city and it's laws & policies.
--
Rob

Iago

However, if they stay within established AND REASONABLE procedures and policies they should have the backing of the department and the city. Doing so may not resolve the situation as intended and in everyone's favor, but they should still have the support.

Kinda difficult when the slightest bit of racial interjection into it, real or imagined, could end your career, even if you are doing the exact right thing.

Kinda like in skydiving, you can do everything exactly right, and still die.

I can see where inaction to save a life or stop a crime would absolutely be more desirable than sticking your neck out just to get it chopped off by a race baiter.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

However, if they stay within established AND REASONABLE procedures and policies they should have the backing of the department and the city. Doing so may not resolve the situation as intended and in everyone's favor, but they should still have the support.

Kinda difficult when the slightest bit of racial interjection into it, real or imagined, could end your career, even if you are doing the exact right thing.

I can see where inaction to save a life or stop a crime would absolutely be more desirable than sticking your neck out just to get it chopped off by a race baiter.

Can't take the responsibility of the job, quit. Other people will be willing to take it. If no-one is willing, the market will change until people are.

Interesting how quickly you give up those free market principles when it is a subject you agree needs quicker change.

SkyDekker

Can't take the responsibility of the job, quit. Other people will be willing to take it. If no-one is willing, the market will change until people are.

Interesting how quickly you give up those free market principles when it is a subject you agree needs quicker change.

1) where did I say it is a subject that needs quicker change.
2). All I was saying is that all those doubters need to issue an apology to Skycop for being wrong and saying it wouldn't happen.
3) put you knee back in joint, stand up straight and tell me that you really believe what you just said.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

2). All I was saying is that all those doubters need to issue an apology to Skycop for being wrong and saying it wouldn't happen.

Because a politician agreed, now it is the truth?

Back to the first point we go.

Secondly, if you do believe it to be the truth, why aren't you demanding the officers get fired for not doing their job?

And how many times has a slight, imaginary racial overtone followed by media sensationalism ended a cop's career? Like, what sort of percentage of "could" are we talking about here?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

SkyDekker

Because a politician agreed, now it is the truth?

Back to the first point we go.

Secondly, if you do believe it to be the truth, why aren't you demanding the officers get fired for not doing their job?

Discussion.

Or, you can simply prove him wrong.

Wow, has anyone ever told you hounding just like a denier?
I guess the science isn't settled, is it?

No apology needed.

This isn't just one politician trying to save his skin, it's several inner-city areas where the cops have backed off and the criminal element filled the vacuum.

Baltimore, Cincinnati, St. Louis, Chicago, and the list goes on.

It's interesting, ask the "experts"= talking heads, the cops really had nothing to do with the dramatic reduction in crime over the last 20 years. However, those same people blame the cops for the uptick in shootings and other violent crimes, then blame them for not doing anything. Controlling and preventing violent crime and dealing with the criminal element ain't pretty sometimes.

In many cities cops don't want to be the next officer thrown under the bus by political leadership. Just because something is unpleasant and ugly doesn't mean it's wrong. That is the paradox in modern police work. Answer your radio calls and go home, meanwhile the most vulnerable suffer.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"