kallend

Purchasing restrictions

Bought some decongestant today. Had to show ID to prove that I was over 21, and give my phone number.

James Holmes, the Colorado mass murdering gunman, apparently bought 3,000 rounds of ammunition for his pistols, 3,000 rounds for the M&P15, and 350 shotgun shells with no questions asked.

'Murica!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

Bought some decongestant today. Had to show ID to prove that I was over 21, and give my phone number.

James Holmes, the Colorado mass murdering gunman, apparently bought 3,000 rounds of ammunition for his pistols, 3,000 rounds for the M&P15, and 350 shotgun shells with no questions asked.

'Murica!

Well you can thank the war on drugs for you having to show id. And to really bust your bible I have to show I'd quite frequently buying ammo, even though anybody with two braincells,can tell I am over 21.the same as you. But you know those pesky laws that you don't think are there come into play.
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4582942#4582942

As I said a year and a half ago... The differential between how much pseudophedrine a person can reasonably use and how much is needed to cook meth means that recording a person's ID to keep people from amassing it is a potentially effective way to keep people from doing nefarious things with it.

No such differential exists with ammo so trying to copy the formula used for pseudophedrine makes no sense.

Well, as was noted above, the "War On Drugs" is why you have to show your ID for the decongestant. You can get as much as you want if you just go to a bunch of different stores.

As with most of these kind of restrictions/checks, a bit of imagination & creativity can defeat them.

Most places I know check ID for ammunition. Even the online places want to see a copy. Obviously there's no way to be certain that the ID matches the purchaser, but most places require the name and address on the ID to match the "ship to" info.

And just how many rounds did Holmes fire in that Aurora theater? All 6350?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

kallend

'Murica!

The federal Gun Control Act of 1968 imposed a series of regulations on ammunition manufacturers, dealers and purchasers. The Act required all ammunition manufacturers and dealers to be licensed and maintain ammunition sales logs, prohibited licensees from selling any ammunition to persons under age 18 and handgun ammunition to persons under age 21, and prohibited interstate sales to unlicensed purchasers.

Federal prohibited purchaser categories for firearms also apply to ammunition. Additional information on restrictions on firearm sales and purchases is contained in Federal Law on Prohibited Purchasers

Generally. Ammunition may not be sold or otherwise transferred to any person who:
Is underage;
Has been convicted of, or is under indictment for, a crime punishable by imprisonment for more than one year;
Is a fugitive from justice;
Is an unlawful user of or addicted to a controlled substance;
Has been adjudicated as a mental defective or committed to a mental institution;
Is an illegal alien;
Has been dishonorably discharged from the military;
Has renounced his or her U.S. citizenship;
Is subject to a court order restraining him or her from harassing, stalking or threatening an intimate partner, his or her child or a child of a partner; or
Has been convicted of a misdemeanor offense of domestic violence.

The North Hollywood shootout in '97 didn't involve a third of that much ammo including all the rounds fired by police.

It's an absurd amount of ammo to try to carry or involve in a shooting spree -or- a completely reasonable amount of ammo to purchase if you find it on sale and want to use it at the range over several months, a couple hundred rounds at a time.

That's not a lot of ammo. One round of sporting clays can be 100 targets. and it's not uncommon to shoot multiple rounds in a day. It's just another sensationalist point to try and make things seem more dramatic to the ignorant. I bet you thought 100 skydives was an insane amount at one time too.

kallend

'Murica!

Ironic that in this http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4677354;page=unread#unread thread many, including yourself, critisized me and didn't believe and ID for medication was a real thing as if i were making it up.

kawisixer01

'Murica!

Ironic that in this http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4677354;page=unread#unread thread many, including yourself, critisized me and didn't believe and ID for medication was a real thing as if i were making it up.

Lol. Don't you hate it when they get caught in lies?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

kawisixer01

'Murica!

Yep, guilty.

This week, in California, was the first time I had ever been asked for an ID to buy decongestant. In IL they just look at me and figure I'm an adult.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

'Murica!

Yep, guilty.

This week, in California, was the first time I had ever been asked for an ID to buy decongestant. In IL they just look at me and figure I'm an adult.

Maybe you just don't look like a guy that uses the one pot system to cook your meth.:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Don't let their lying bother you. They are being as honest as they know how to be. Truth and facts are things that only get in their way.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.