airdvr

Hillary on Sexual Assault

airdvr

***So.....now we are all down to the single point -

unethical lawyers suck

Including the former SoS who is now running for the Democrat nomination.

How DARE you say that she sucks?!

If she did, Bill would follow her around like a lovesick puppy. As it is, he goes elsewhere for that activity (his current interest has a Secret Service name of "Energizer").

BSBD,

Winsor

jakee

The premise at hand was defense lawyers that KNEW their client was guilty by admission.

OK! Great!

Now the question is why you are arguing that point in this thread, because it does not apply to Hillary Clinton.

well this makes it sound like she did:
“Describing the events almost a decade after they had occurred, Clinton’s struck a casual and complacent attitude toward her client and the trial for rape of a minor," Goodman reported about the audio. "‘I had him take a polygraph, which he passed – which forever destroyed my faith in polygraphs,’ she added with a laugh.

not that I believe that should have stopoped her from representing him
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

well this makes it sound like she did:
“Describing the events almost a decade after they had occurred, Clinton’s struck a casual and complacent attitude toward her client and the trial for rape of a minor," Goodman reported about the audio. "‘I had him take a polygraph, which he passed – which forever destroyed my faith in polygraphs,’ she added with a laugh.

No, it says the opposite. He passed a polygraph claiming he didn't do it, and police lost the evidence which could have proved he did it (if he did it). She may have strongly suspected he did it, but he said he didn't and no-one could prove otherwise.

And Anvil has now been very specific in explaining that his criticism of defence lawyers does not cover people in that situation. Hence, it doesn't cover Hillary. Hence, why did he bring it up?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

we must be reading it differently

I took this: "‘I had him take a polygraph, which he passed – which forever destroyed my faith in polygraphs,’

to mean she thought he was guilty but passed the test anyway

I still believe she has a duty to defend him to her utmost ability

That's exactly what it means. But, like I just said, Anvil has very specifically stated that his criticisms don't extend to defence attorneys who think their client is guilty but only to ones who know their client is guilty.

Hence, it doesn't apply to Hillary. Hence, why did he bring it up in this thread?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

That's exactly what it means. But, like I just said, Anvil has very specifically stated that his criticisms don't extend to prosecutors who think their client is guilty but only to ones who know their client is guilty.

Hence, it doesn't apply to Hillary. Hence, why did he bring it up in this thread?

gotcha I am a little slow at times :)

Rick

That's exactly what it means. But, like I just said, Anvil has very specifically stated that his criticisms don't extend to prosecutors who think their client is guilty but only to ones who know their client is guilty.

yup - the only negative to cling to is she laughed about it. But I'd think lawyers need to develop a thick skin on those scenarios.
gotcha I am a little slow at times :)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants