turtlespeed

Obama is an inconvenience . . . Yet again !

Roads closed for miles around where he has to drive thru.

I have shit to do. Get outta my way and let me do it. I don't have time for your road blocks.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I learned firsthand about the waste of resources when POTUS visits when I was in college at Purdue.>:(

A *week* before the visit, cargo planes started bringing in armored limos. We had Secret Service swarming the campus for a week.There were warnings not to open the blinds on windows near the buildings he would be visiting. We had snipers on the roofs of all the taller buildings, (including the building I lived in).

All this so Reagan could fly into the airport on the edge of campus, drive to one of the engineering buildings, take a brief tour, give a brief speech, then fly out. He was on the ground for about 90 minutes.

Most amazing waste of time and money I've ever witnessed.:S:S:S

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Hi Robert,

so Reagan could . . . give a brief speech

They were all brief because once he got to the 50th word, he would forget the original premise.

:S

I have always heard that he was a fantastically nice person ( Tip O'Neill's comments for one ); but not an intelligent person. But then again, look at some of the POTUS's over the years.

Jerry Baumchen

No.
I'm not trying to stir shit like you are. I posted the taxpayer cost for the person named in the the thread title. If you want to argue with yourself and go off topic about other people feel free to post whatever you want.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

turtlespeed

Roads closed for miles around where he has to drive thru.

I have shit to do. Get outta my way and let me do it. I don't have time for your road blocks.

It's the same for EVERY president since the Reagan shooting. Take it up with the Secret Service.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Amazon

***$44 MILLION and counting so far..

I can't seem to find your posts regarding the cost of Bush Administration trips all around the country... Do you think you and Turtle could point out those posts???

Bush never inconvenienced me.
Bush didn't keep me from working for 45 min so he could drive by.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

******$44 MILLION and counting so far..

I can't seem to find your posts regarding the cost of Bush Administration trips all around the country... Do you think you and Turtle could point out those posts???

Bush never inconvenienced me.
Bush didn't keep me from working for 45 min so he could drive by.

Indeed, it IS all about you.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***Roads closed for miles around where he has to drive thru.

It's the same for EVERY president since the Reagan shooting. Take it up with the Secret Service.

Being stationed in South Florida at Homestead AFB in the early 70's was pretty much the same when Nixon headed to his "Winter White House" on Key Biscayne.

Living five minutes away from Ellington Field in Houston as I did for twenty-five years, both Bushes sure inconvenienced me. And I didn't even work in that direction (ie I commuted going the other way). But it comes with the territory. Somehow I never added that to what I actually resented about (mostly) Bush II. It's the system, not the specific dude/dudette

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Living five minutes away from Ellington Field in Houston as I did for twenty-five years, both Bushes sure inconvenienced me. And I didn't even work in that direction (ie I commuted going the other way). But it comes with the territory. Somehow I never added that to what I actually resented about (mostly) Bush II. It's the system, not the specific dude/dudette

Wendy P.

My complaint is that there was no warning, no schedule, I had no where to go.
I couldn't turn around, I couldn't go forward.

For about an hour, martial law was in effect, and I was even over 2 miles from where the road he was going to be traveling on was. Google maps had me at 2.3 miles from any intersection he would have gone through from the airport.

Anvilbrother

You take 19 4th amendment damage and are now slowed to a standstill on the freeway.

The level of caution reminds me of killing an ant with a sledgehammer.

Anvilbrother

Tell that to Amazon, she doesn't get it.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH.. yet again.....

You were the one counting the millions.... every President has done it... but only this president seems to get the bitching about it... I WONDER why that might be.....:S:S

Amazon

***Tell that to Amazon, she doesn't get it.

You were the one counting the millions.... every President has done it... but only this president seems to get the bitching about it... I WONDER why that might be.....:S:S

Not true at all.

That is just your leftist perception.

There was PLENTY of chagrin when he was at his ranch near skydive temple.
We had to re route several jump runs, and we couldn't do cross countries if the wind was outta the west.

turtlespeed

******Tell that to Amazon, she doesn't get it.

Not true at all.

That is just your leftist perception.

There was PLENTY of chagrin when he was at his ranch near skydive temple.
We had to re route several jump runs, and we couldn't do cross countries if the wind was outta the west.

Perks of the job old boyo ..... care to find your or Anvils itemization of costs related to that???

Anvilbrother

$44 MILLION and counting so far..

How much does it cost to have a President assassinated?
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

I dont care to think about things like that why don't you just ask the NSA, Secret Service, FBI, and who ever else you just alerted with that comment if they know:S:o.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

I dont care to think about things like that why don't you just ask the NSA, Secret Service, FBI, and who ever else you just alerted with that comment if they know:S:o.

Face palm.

How much do you think.

Why don't you do a spread sheet and get back to us.