kallend

Cost of repealing the ACA

www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/06/19/415831096/obamacare-repeal-would-add-billions-to-deficit

So an assessment by a Republican economist at the CBO , using methods that Republicans mandated, shows that repealing the ACA would increase the deficit.

Will be interesting to see how the GOP spins that.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

So it's like the cost of pulling out of Iraq and Afghanistan. Something g that should have never been done in the first place but not that it's done we stick with it.

Or its saying that Obamacare is a tax that is designed to take in more money than it puts out. So many angles were put forth in the story. Even such things as "the human cost" being in excess of money saved on deficits.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

lawrocket

So it's like the cost of pulling out of Iraq and Afghanistan. Something g that should have never been done in the first place but not that it's done we stick with it.

No, it's not even remotely like that. Providing health insurance to millions of previously uninsured Americans is not remotely comparable with invading a sovereign nation and killing thousands of American troops and tens of thousands of civilians.

kallend

***So it's like the cost of pulling out of Iraq and Afghanistan. Something g that should have never been done in the first place but not that it's done we stick with it.

No, it's not even remotely like that. Providing health insurance to millions of previously uninsured Americans is not remotely comparable with invading a sovereign nation and killing thousands of American troops and tens of thousands of civilians.

How many millions of uninsured at now insured?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

******So it's like the cost of pulling out of Iraq and Afghanistan. Something g that should have never been done in the first place but not that it's done we stick with it.

Like Schrodinger's Cat, being insured and uninsured simultaneously?

kallend

*********So it's like the cost of pulling out of Iraq and Afghanistan. Something g that should have never been done in the first place but not that it's done we stick with it.

Like Schrodinger's Cat, being insured and uninsured simultaneously?

So what you are saying is that it really did no good, but was a cost burden. Gotcha.

Again, how many of those millions it was supposed to insure, did it actually insure?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Millions went from uninsured with full time jobs to uninsured with part time jobs. But look at how many are now qualified for food stamps and Medicaid now.

We had to pass it to find out what's in it. Too bad the didn't bother to check what wasn't in it.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

lawrocket

Millions went from uninsured with full time jobs to uninsured with part time jobs. But look at how many are now qualified for food stamps and Medicaid now.

We had to pass it to find out what's in it. Too bad the didn't bother to check what wasn't in it.

Did you notice how john didn't answer the question?
Sure he made some kind of vague remark, but why do you think he won't answer the question?

turtlespeed

***Millions went from uninsured with full time jobs to uninsured with part time jobs. But look at how many are now qualified for food stamps and Medicaid now.

Sure he made some kind of vague remark, but why do you think he won't answer the question?

Because you asked him how many uninsured people are insured.

SkyDekker

******Millions went from uninsured with full time jobs to uninsured with part time jobs. But look at how many are now qualified for food stamps and Medicaid now.

You both know I meant previously uninsured, and I clarified it in my next post.

How many of the 32 or so million uninsured people, that was the main platform of this act, are now insured?
How many lives did this act affect in a negative way?

turtlespeed

***Millions went from uninsured with full time jobs to uninsured with part time jobs. But look at how many are now qualified for food stamps and Medicaid now.

Yes I did. You just didn't like the answer because it made you look silly.

kallend

******Millions went from uninsured with full time jobs to uninsured with part time jobs. But look at how many are now qualified for food stamps and Medicaid now.

Yes I did. You just didn't like the answer because it made you look silly.

Perhaps you could include a number this time.

How many of the touted 32 million uninsured, which the selling platform was built on, are now insured through ACA?

Then answer how many lives were adversely affected by ACA.

turtlespeed

*********Millions went from uninsured with full time jobs to uninsured with part time jobs. But look at how many are now qualified for food stamps and Medicaid now.

You both know I meant previously uninsured, and I clarified it in my next post.

How many of the 32 or so million uninsured people, that was the main platform of this act, are now insured?
How many lives did this act affect in a negative way?

Probably millions of the underinsured.. who COULD NOT keep their low class ineffective "insurance" that would never have covered them OR their family should they have ever tried to use plans that did not meet a minimal standard to comply with reality.

turtlespeed

Perhaps you could include a number this time.

How many of the touted 32 million uninsured, which the selling platform was built on, are now insured through ACA?

Then answer how many lives were adversely affected by ACA.

The number of insured has increased ~16.5 million since ACA was passed, according to the numbers I have seen quoted.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"