Amazon

Christian Sharia Law

I thought a lot about this topic with regards to the whole Indiana thing that just blew up. I'd be willing to bet my life savings that the same businesses who were ready to turn away gay customers based on religious premise were not ready to turn away adulterers, people who have had premarital sex, people who have been divorced, etc. If you are going to rule with an iron fist based on religious reasoning, then do it equally across the board. It's then that I would have a little more respect for religious freedom reasoning instead of just religious freedom as an excuse to exclude a class of people you don't like.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

turtlespeed

******Its quite ironic how you only makes posts to bash conservatives.

Why don't you just send us all a dirty PM then block it using your chickenshit tactics again.

That's to much more effective....to illustrate you are afraid of conflict.

Don't you have any little toys you could go play with.. as a substitute for the one you were born with???

Now run along like a nice little boy.

How old are you?:S

Old enough to know better, apparently.

turtlespeed

******Its quite ironic how you only makes posts to bash conservatives.

Why don't you just send us all a dirty PM then block it using your chickenshit tactics again.

Don't you have any little toys you could go play with.. as a substitute for the one you were born with???

I know how old you and he are... and since you have met me numerous times...... I stand by my assessment.

Now don't you need some more "furniture"??????

Amazon

*********Its quite ironic how you only makes posts to bash conservatives.

I know how old you and he are... and since you have met me numerous times...... I stand by my assessment.

Sad.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

************Its quite ironic how you only makes posts to bash conservatives.

Sorry, not sad. There's a difference.

winsor

***************Its quite ironic how you only makes posts to bash conservatives.

Sorry, not sad. There's a difference.

Are you not from the group of do unto others as you suspect they may do to you????

Thank you for playing...

LyraM45

I thought a lot about this topic with regards to the whole Indiana thing that just blew up. I'd be willing to bet my life savings that the same businesses who were ready to turn away gay customers based on religious premise were not ready to turn away adulterers, people who have had premarital sex, people who have been divorced, etc. If you are going to rule with an iron fist based on religious reasoning, then do it equally across the board. It's then that I would have a little more respect for religious freedom reasoning instead of just religious freedom as an excuse to exclude a class of people you don't like.

Exactly right. (It still wouldn't be OK, but at least it wouldn't be so transparently homophobic)
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Boomerdog

Amazon...Christians don't exercise Sharia Law, that's a Muslim thing.

You must have missed her sentence:

We have a whole group of people here blithering on and on about the consequences of just one such law from that desert code that is very much similar to the muslim Sharia Law that so many on the fringe right seem to fear.... yet wish to enact their own version in some theocratic nirvana of Christian Sharia Law for lack of a better term.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Boomerdog

Amazon...Christians don't exercise Sharia Law, that's a Muslim thing.

Laws from the Torah, Mitzvot/Commandments, are the basis of Kashrut. Thus, Kosher=Legal.

The Top Ten Commandments get most of the press, but there are 613 of them. Given their Bronze Age origins, many reflect such sensibilities and are treated as artifacts; those that are more or less compatible with the modern world form the basis of current Judaic tradition.

FWIW, Kosher chicken is significantly less likely to cause food poisoning than commercially processed chicken. Beyond that, it's hit or miss - I know Rabbis who like pulled pork BBQ.

In any event, having used the Tanakh as the prequel to the Adventures of the Magic Jewish Zombie (aka the Christian Scriptures/Gospels/'New Testament'), the Christian world has adopted Kashrut in broad strokes.

The psychotic pervert Arab who used the onset of the Dark Ages to establish his power base also used Kashrut as the basis of his laws, so Sharia is effectively Kashrut II, or New, Improved Kashrut.

Since Christians typically use translated versions of the Tanakh, referring to 'Biblical Law' as Sharia is close enough.

BSBD,

Winsor