RonD1120

He's Alive!

Andy9o8

At least maadmax admits he's maad. Acknowledgment is the first step to recovery.

+1 You bet-ya

"For we are ignorant of the righteousness that comes from God while we try to establish our own, and we have not submitted to God's means to attain righteousness."

"All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away."

maadmax

"all our righteous acts are like filthy rags..."

When I discarded Christianity this was a fundamental problem I had with the religion -- reducing "actions" to "acts" and discounting the importance of what one does, instead placing all importance on "faith" and a few trivial words of "accepting him as my Lord and Savior."

Actions are what define us; the rest -- "intention," "faith," "what's in one's heart," "being born again" yada yada...is all bullshit.

We define who we are by what we do -- full stop.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

masterblaster72

***"all our righteous acts are like filthy rags..."

When I discarded Christianity this was a fundamental problem I had with the religion -- reducing "actions" to "acts" and discounting the importance of what one does, instead placing all importance on "faith" and a few trivial words of "accepting him as my Lord and Savior."

Actions are what define us; the rest -- "intention," "faith," "what's in one's heart," "being born again" yada yada...is all bullshit.

We define who we are by what we do -- full stop.

Exactly, you haven't discarded all of Christianity. It sounds to me like you are quoting James 2:26

"For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."

I've never understood how a missing body became proof of anything other than theft.

If this is so, I'd more than Love to hear what your thoughts on the Maylasian crash.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

normiss

Was it stuffed in a cave for a few days until someone noticed it missing?
I think I missed that bit.

Well, ya know, a plane is kinda in the shape of a cross.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun