richravizza

"American Oil Independence Leads to OWN Demise"

Where do we get most of our imported oil?
Canada

Another large chunk?
Mexico

We only get about 15-20% of our imported oil form the Middle East. They are no longer the major player in out world and I like it that way.

Those numbers won't last at sub $50 oil. Both countries mentioned cannot sustain profitable extraction and exploration at that rate.

So, unless the American consumer is willing to pay more for gas which wasn't derived from middle eastern oil, the US will start getting more and more of its oil from the middle east.

Maybe but
The industry is predicting icreases in production during 2015 from 9.2M barells a day to 9.3

Oil drilling and production are slowing down, though U.S. companies this year will still pump more oil than they did in 2014.
The U.S. Energy Information Administration said Friday it expects declining drilling activity, especially in the second half of the year, due to falling crude oil prices.
But existing wells and those that are soon to come online in fields like the Eagle Ford Shale will keep adding to U.S. output. The U.S. is expected to produce around 9.3 million barrels of crude oil daily in 2015, up around 700,000 daily barrels from last year.

http://the-daily-digger.blogspot.com/2015/01/us-oil-production-expected-to-increase.html
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Maybe but
The industry is predicting icreases in production during 2015 from 9.2M barells a day to 9.3

Oil drilling and production are slowing down, though U.S. companies this year will still pump more oil than they did in 2014.
The U.S. Energy Information Administration said Friday it expects declining drilling activity, especially in the second half of the year, due to falling crude oil prices.
But existing wells and those that are soon to come online in fields like the Eagle Ford Shale will keep adding to U.S. output. The U.S. is expected to produce around 9.3 million barrels of crude oil daily in 2015, up around 700,000 daily barrels from last year.

http://the-daily-digger.blogspot.com/2015/01/us-oil-production-expected-to-increase.html

I think it is somewhat common sense that for those wells already producing the cost to extract is signifcantly lower than to start drilling new wells etc.

If oil stays below $50 and there is no new magical technology making this oil cheaper to extract, production is going to fall dramatically.

Iago

Confirmed cynical sarcastic bastard since 2003

There's a confirmation process????? !!!!!!!!!!

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rushmc

I guess you know more than the industry and the feds

At least you think you do

No, I was agreeing with them. It is natural for output to be higher in 2015 than in 2014, since exploration was greatly ramped up, driven by the high price for oil.

Industry like that doesn't just stop on a dime.

SkyDekker

Industry like that doesn't just stop on a dime.

no, but somewhere in there it's very concerned about 9/10ths of a cent....

do they do that any more?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

***Industry like that doesn't just stop on a dime.

no, but somewhere in there it's very concerned about 9/10ths of a cent....

do they do that any more?

yes
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun