Amazon

Moncton, New Brunswick shooting

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/moncton-shooting-3-rcmp-officers-dead-2-wounded-1.2665359?cmp=fbtl

The New Brunswick RCMP have confirmed that three officers have been killed and two wounded in a shooting in Moncton.

A police manhunt is still underway for Justin Bourque, 24. The RCMP say Bourque is considered "armed and dangerous."

The RCMP identified the suspect of a massive manhunt as 24-year-old Justin Bourque.
The RCMP confirmed three officers were shot and killed and two others were injured in Moncton, N.B. on Wednesday night. Here, officers with guns drawn set up a perimeter near the site of the manhunt.
Police warned Moncton residents near Hildegard Dr. to stay inside and lock their doors as the manhunt continued.
Heavily armed officers patrolled a strip mall near the scene of the manhunt.
An RCMP helicopter flies over the search area. The gunman was believed to be in a wooded area for a portion of the search.
"There is an active shooter in the Moncton area. We’re asking residents to stay in their homes and lock their doors," said Jullie Rogers-Marsh.

BillyVance

Ambush? That's a high casualty count for the RCMP.

The guy looks pretty well armed for someone from Eastern Canukistan..

http://www.businessinsider.com/justin-bourque-cop-killer-shooter-2014-6

Justin Bourque, the 24-year-old being sought for killing three police officers and wounding two more in Moncton, a city in New Brunswick, Canada, has long had troubles with authority, a fascination with guns, and a tendency to make dark pronouncements, according to a former coworker.

"I never took him seriously, but he always said he wanted to go out with a bang and bring people with him," recalls Caitlin Isaac, who worked with Bourque at Walmart several years ago, until he was fired. He wanted to "give people something to remember him for."

Bourque's Facebook page is filled with defiant and occasionally jokey posts about the right to bear arms.

"He's always seemed to have a problem with authority," she says. "Issues with parents, bosses, police..." Still, she adds, he "seemed friendly enough. Little bit of an outcast, but not to this extent."

normiss

Blame the NR-eh?

I'm quite sure that was intended to be nothing greater than a cute play-on-words.

Nonetheless, kindly keep your 2nd Amendment debates and questionable comments regarding this specific incident on your side of our conjoined border.

normiss

I can expect you to return the favor in our chats after the next one here then.
:P

Absolutely. I usually only ask questions, correct errors when Canada is invoked in some discussion, and occasionally offer an outsiders perspective, so that shouldn't be difficult at all.

Regards

John

There is nothing wrong with reporting this event, nothing wrong letting people know that three RCMP officers have lost their lives in the line of duty. But you know when word of some sort of skydiving accident occurs, when speculation is high, and more often than not, the wrong information is spread. Well this is similar. This is a dynamic, not yet resolved event where not all the facts have been released to the public. It is best to wait for this event to come to some sort of conclusion and wait for the facts to surface.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

yep, i was just thinking about Mayerthorpe. And outside Calgary when I lived there, this one was tragic and called into question the fairly new police routine of patrolling alone.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/mountie-murderer-denied-parole-25-years-later-1.1278052

I remember these two were caught and convicted on shotgun ballistics using the primer imprint when they were caught in Edmonton (I think) some time later on unrelated investigation. early days of forensics

tkhayes

yep, i was just thinking about Mayerthorpe. And outside Calgary when I lived there, this one was tragic and called into question the fairly new police routine of patrolling alone.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/mountie-murderer-denied-parole-25-years-later-1.1278052

I remember these two were caught and convicted on shotgun ballistics using the primer imprint when they were caught in Edmonton (I think) some time later on unrelated investigation. early days of forensics

Found this... FUCK this guy sounds way too familiar.

Lets get Tactical... Tactical

Moncton shooting accused may be a classic ‘pseudo-commando’ with anti-government Freeman ideology

A criminological classification of mass murderers, developed at the University of Louisville, is a list of archetypal monsters: the “family slayer or annihilator,” the “set-and-run” killer, the “psychotic,” the “disciple,” and the “disgruntled employee

Justin Bourque, 24, the accused killer of three Mounties in Moncton, is allegedly a classic example of the “pseudo-commando,” the well-armed strategist who shoots strangers in public in broad daylight, often in rage at perceived persecution, not intending to escape alive, according to Michael Arntfield, formerly of the London Police Service, now a professor at Western University with broad interest in criminology and forensic linguistics, including the quotation of music lyrics by killers.