NWFlyer

Why do you hate the poor?

Iago

Have I told you how good it was to have you back?

Pay attention and read the thread title.

I read it.. but blaming poor people for having no jobs and expecting the president to do any better than he has is ironic.. considering that the turds in the congress on the conservative side have done everything in their power to harm the poor that they could. Their disdain for the poor including the troops they lied about supporting, the jobs they claimed they would create and since most of the twatwaffles claim to be Christian, they have exhibited as much non Christian behavior towards the least among us as anytime since the Gilded Age.

Fact it class warfare exists and the rich have won most of the battles for the last 30 years..

Hate...nah, that is a pretty strong word, and not really the right one. I would say personally it's more of a lack of sympathy. I have a hard time feeling bad for them when I came from pretty shitty circumstances myself. I am a high school dropout that was out of the nest at 16 years old freshly released from the county jail in 1997. At that time I managed to get two of these "terribly demoralizing jobs" that pay very little, one at a farm paying 4.25/hr the other washing dishes. I mostly slept in my beater truck and couch surfed for awhile, even camping out a lot when it was nice out. Once I hit 18 I was able to get a job working third shift in a factory making oh....7.75/hr I believe when I started, and clocking as much overtime as I could get or working other odd jobs. I suddenly felt crisis and realized I better get my ass doing something productive if I wanted to quit sleeping in weird places ad eating raman noodles, so i started going out to my local tech school to take the tests for my HSED. Amazingly enough I scored very highly in the HSED tests and was one of the few awarded "high honors" at my "graduation". I continued to work third shift and managed to scrape by paying for my tuition out of pocket. I did not qualify for tuition assistance because my parents made too much income (mind you they kicked me out at 16 and we hadn't spoken for some time..but apparently that doesn't matter). Once I got my first technical degree I liked it so much I continued on and got a second one. Both in skilled trades, and was fortune enough to get hired as a multicraft industrial maintenance guy. From there I continued to "move up" to the highly successful person I am today who is still steadily working to improve myself. Not by the use of government handouts, not by sitting around whining that my life is too hard and feeling I'm entitled, and surely by keeping my willy in my pants and not having children which I knew I could never afford or continue with school if I were to have. I have very little sympathy to anyone who is poor in this country. This country affords anyone willing to work their ass off an opportunity. I see it every day. I see fields like the skilled trades that are begging to find people interested and skilled enough to hire, that can't find employees. People who are driven make it, those who aren't don't, and I don't feel sorry for them. Did I get some lucky breaks? yes, I fortunately never got terribly injured or sick. I did have a couple charitable individuals who helped me with small things like dinner once in awhile and encouraged me with kind words. I still to this day won't buy something on credit besides my house that I put 80% cash down on. I live within my means, not by how much credit I can get doled out to me trying to keep up with the Jones'
Do my views describe every poor person? absolutely not, but I do feel they cover the vast majority. Of course I feel compassion for the severely mentally ill not being provided services and such. But there isn't much out there that can really hold you back if you are motivated enough. I know people from all walks of life that have overcome insanely difficult circumstances. They all have a few things in common. None of them feel sorry for themselves, they are all driven, they don't often ask for help or assistance, they all are much smarter than the world ever would give them credit for, and when any one of them gets knocked down they gather themselves, learn from it, and get back the hell up more determined than ever.

Everyone has access to the tools needed to better themselves. Not the least of which is a high school education. Wonderful things happen with education. Most of the truly chronic poor in this country are poor because they lack even the most basic skills to become gainfully un-poor.

There were generations who probably had a claim to being poor because of circumstances beyond their control and deserved to be supported by government in the long term but they are gone now. They've been replaced by uneducated poor who choose government subsidies as a career bolstered by black market economies.

I don't hate the poor...I hate people who don't help themselves.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

[Reply]Maybe you should start with Speaker Boner where the jobs are.. Day one and they have blocked anything the black guy tries to do

Hmm. I thought "Day One" was a democratic House and a supermajority in the Senate. At which point the President and the Democrats told the GOP to go fuck themselves.

The President had a rubber stamp. But his ideas didn't work. It's not the GOP's fault that the democrats were incompetent to fix the GOP's mess.

My wife is hotter than your wife.