richravizza

Rich Talking Stocks

Ya, I wish is Knew the clicky thing.
The DEVICE was "Quit Interesting"
a mix Between a Bong and a Dildo.

Ya That's a Sight,in Public.

Think I would rather stick myself.

The two top dogs dumped 500 mill. each,trying and Protect Their Market.After a Billion in wasted research they Conceded to the MANN.;)

>"If they can avoid the mistakes of Exubera they may have a winner. What diabetic wouldn't want an alternative to sticking yourself with needles several times a day?"

my wife would not. she found an inhaler, not sure which one but it was a few years ago. too large and awkward to carry. her fix kit is tiny and fits into a small purse quite unobtrusively. the inhaler was the size of a bong and folded to the size of a small bong. she doesnt mind the needles so much, been doing it since 13. they are very very thin now, you can see them nearly bend under their own weight. so the pinch is not such a big deal.

she would rather carry her needles and inject modestly than have a giant bong like device thats obvious too all and awkward to carry.

just some anecdotes from a insulin dependent diabetic. not a commentary on the stocks themselves.

(edited some typos)
"The point is, I'm weird, but I never felt weird."
John Frusciante

weekender

>"If they can avoid the mistakes of Exubera they may have a winner. What diabetic wouldn't want an alternative to sticking yourself with needles several times a day?"

my wife would not. she found an inhaler, not sure which one but it was a few years ago. too large and awkward to carry. her fix kit is tiny and fits into a small purse quite unobtrusively. the inhaler was the size of a bong and folded to the size of a small bong. she doesnt mind the needles so much, been doing it since 13. they are very very thin now, you can see them nearly bend under their own weight. so the pinch is not such a big deal.

she would rather carry her needles and inject modestly than have a giant bong like device thats obvious too all and awkward to carry.

just some anecdotes from a insulin dependent diabetic. not a commentary on the stocks themselves.

(edited some typos)

The Dream Boat Will fit in the palm of her hand.

Just a"Huff" or two, Faster acting, Longer Tail off

All equals better/ Stable, blood sugar levels..

*** Side affect my be Healthy weight loss***

Phase 3 Trial results were Quit Impressive

***More Braking News***

GO PRO going public..

Go Pro has been a Profitable Private Co. for Yrs.

Announced possible, Initial Public Offering.

We'll get to see, the pricing on this IPO,
numbers and all, real soon..

I don't Think Growth will be a Problem.

Great niche market,Loyal Customer base,and ALL that
"FREE ADVertisement"

If the price to earnings, or P/E is 15.
and the Growth rate is 15%, I'M IN .....

If the P/E is 20, and Growth 20% I'm IN...

This is a PEG ratio of 1, Price/Earnings/Growth rate.
Very Cheap and Doubt I'T will price this LOW..

Most Institutions / Big money are "Crack Heads" for Growth and will Pay up to 3 times for that growth.

This is a PEG ratio of 3.
Very expensive, priced for Perfection..and if they miss ?
Down you go to a PEG that is relative.

But whatever it does,
We will know, when its Crack Head Expensive,or just Tuna fish on sale.

I'm a big fan as a consumer, but very suspicious as an investor.

GoPro does not, to my knowledge, have a technology advantage. There are many other makers out there, though until recently, mostly from small tier brands since Cisco killed Flip. Panasonic just reentered with a model with a rear LCD and usable 30fps 4k, and Sony floats around as well.

For me, GoPro does do something the others don't - it easily goes down 100+ feet. But few people need to go past snorkel depth. And while an LCD is useful for me to see the frame borders, it's not worth the battery drain - I stick to the wide wide angle view.

So aside from outstanding product placements and X athlete usage, what guarantees they stay on top?

So aside from outstanding product placements and X athlete usage, what guarantees they stay on top?

I'm Looking at it as an IPO Trade, not a Long tern investment.

The Genes,are Good.They have been Profitable (as a private Co.)
A solid place in the market, #1 or close in catagory,with new models spurring some future growth.

and if and ONLY IF, The IPO is priced right,why not make a few quick bucks?

richravizza

I'm Looking at it as an IPO Trade, not a Long tern investment.

The Genes,are Good.They have been Profitable (as a private Co.)
A solid place in the market, #1 or close in catagory,with new models spurring some future growth.

and if and ONLY IF, The IPO is priced right,why not make a few quick bucks?

well, aside from the fact that everyone else knows it? how did that fast buck from Facebook work out?

the most efficiently priced IPO results in a minimal price change, and in the last couple years we've seen some good companies go slightly overpriced.

I didn't invest in Facebook,

It did not have earnings, the "E" in the P/E.

It was based on price to sales,price per user.. earnings in the Out years,Like the .com Bomb.

Based on every matrix BUT P/E and PEG ratios.

Earnings per Share is our yard stick.

Hind sight been 20/20, the aha moment in Face book was the expiration of the "insiders sale lockup".
It had been going down for months and when the date Hit, and the Insiders Could sell,they didn't.

FB IPO pop to $40, no earnings meant down to $20 or less we went.
Now they monitized they're advertisement revenue.Now, they have Earning and up to $70 we Go.
Face Books P/E is 75, the aveage for all is 18. or 400% more expensive than the average stock in the market.

I'd sell a $1 apple for $4.00.

kelpdiver

wait - you said you didn't care about earnings or growth, just the short term pop potential of the IPO. Now you're going the other way?

Sounds like you're just gambling, man. I suppose if you enjoy it...

I cannot play IPO's because I'm restricted from buying any "hot issue" due to my work. with that said, i would NOT anyway because i agree with you. the exception being if i could get the net syndicate price, which only a very select few will get. i doubt anyone, including me, is discussing that.

the reason being its a gamble and very difficult to predict where its going to trade. the bankers are doing their best to price the stock low enough that their institutional customers will fill the book. BUT they also are trying to get the highest price for their customer, the issuer. all of this is done overnight behind closed doors. even the market maker who will open the stock isnt involved. there is just too many factors you cannot evaluate in buying an IPO that make it seem like a gamble, IMO.

without being involved in the discussions the bankers, the issuer and the institution clients are having, you are just guessing. only they know the true demand of the street and what the issuer is willing to settle for.
John Frusciante

richravizza

The Dream Boat Will fit in the palm of her hand.

Just a"Huff" or two, Faster acting, Longer Tail off

All equals better/ Stable, blood sugar levels..

*** Side affect my be Healthy weight loss***

Phase 3 Trial results were Quit Impressive

i will let me wife know. she might give the idea a second look. thanks
John Frusciante

kelpdiver

wait - you said you didn't care about earnings or growth, just the short term pop potential of the IPO. Now you're going the other way?

Sounds like you're just gambling, man. I suppose if you enjoy it...

I am not a Gambling Man,but I am an Investor.
Sorry for the confusion,
What I meant is?

Growth and Earning are the only way we can Identify a Value.

Earnings.

Most IPO's have no earning..
some cash flow but after the Bills, Don't Make a Dime.

Yet Go Pro does.
If Go Pro has a profitable history than we can Compare.

Apples to Apples.

At what price are you willing to pay for those Earnings.
15x, 75x or 250 times those earnings.
If they make a buck a year then;
$15.00 is a Great value to the average.
$75.00 expensive, and $250 is CRAZY:S

Growth is the Speculation part..

Future earnings and how fast those earnings will Grow is the Crystal Ball part.
Tesla, Amazon,and Such have those outrageous Price to earnings ratios. WHY?
Wall Street Growth addicts,speculators, gamblers will pay any price for a piece of that crack.

SkyDekker

how did that fast buck from Facebook work out?

I bought at $40 and sold at $70. Worked out pretty well.

That wasn't a fast buck. It stayed under its IPO for how long...over a year? And it went to as low as 18. Anyone that bought on opening day hoping to find a greater fool suffered badly. Only the patient came out ahead, and those who bought at the bottom did really nicely. So good for you, but it was a gamble. The fundamentals didn't support the $40 price.

richravizza

I am not a Gambling Man,but I am an Investor.

"I'm Looking at it as an IPO Trade, not a Long tern investment."

You're trying to play both sides. The second line is flat out gambling.

Now one can be both - you can take a flier on the occasional gamble with a bit of money and see what happens.

But I see any pop in GoPro being based on the number of white collar speculators deciding that the MtDew crowd is mindlessly in love with GoPro the way appletards will buy any new iproduct.

First off I have never Participated in an IPO..

It wasn't a Statement that "I'M ALL IN".

You Know,just as well as I, not One of us will be IN on the IPO Deal.

As an Investor"Gambler" Nothing is Guaranteed...
Nothing in Life is.
but with some risk management we can have fun,and CRUSH THE AVERAGES..

Risk is the Fun part it keeps us engaged,and interested.
You Know like Jumpin out of Planes.;)

So perhaps we can learn something from a FaceBook moment.
if another happens, we could discuss it and perhaps even Profit from a similar situation...
When Go Pro does go public, at least we can put a Value on it,
and compare them Apples.

I am not a Day Trader.
My long term investments are Multi Year plays.
My Trades are less than a year.
My trades have One Goal. To Augment my Pay check.
For Family Vactations,retirement accounts ect... so I can enjoy skydiving and not be a major financial burden to the family.
Last year it was Hawaii,complement of Lions Gate Film.
and I'm back in it this Year.

I've met some people at the DZ recently, that are "SET" and can jump where ever,When ever, and as much as they what..

Finanical Freedom...

kelpdiver

you seem a tad sensitive. Why not embrace what you are and go with it?

personally I would not bank on GoPro to fund my vacations this year. As I said - good product, great marketing, but not my idea of a great investment.

I am an Investor nothing more to it.
Some investments carry more risk than others, and I'm in for it.
Sensitive?
I've had many say "I'm Gambling' But that's another subject.

If you have something to contribute, or perhaps a Positive message I'm all ears, but your Pessimism sucks.
What's your message?
It's all a ponzi scam ?
don't even try,I'm a Fool, its a waste of time and Money?
Wasted Dreams.

This is the type of thinking that get us to:

Dependency is Bliss

richravizza

If you have something to contribute, or perhaps a Positive message I'm all ears, but your Pessimism sucks.
What's your message?
It's all a ponzi scam ?
don't even try,I'm a Fool, its a waste of time and Money?
Wasted Dreams.

This is the type of thinking that get us to:

Dependency is Bliss

This is again the gambler in you talking.

The message was simple, and echo'd by weekender - IPOs when you're not part of the friends and family and insiders - usually not a good investment.

These days no one really needs to go public - there's plenty of private money for good companies, and you can stay in that pre public world where you don't have to make quarterly reports for all to see.

You go public to cash in when the going is good (favorable investor climate) for you. Look at the recent Twitter/FB ones where they release a tiny portion of the company and with poor voting rights. They're not inviting investors in as equals, they just want the money in exchange for letting the buyers look for greater fools.

My point being,
when Go Pro is a public co we can compare apples to apples.
We can put a Value on the earnings.
if a Value presents itself with a lower P/E and a Lower PEG,relative to the market, cool.
May be a Buy.

If its trading @ FB,Tesla values with a P/E in the 50's or higher.
A PEG ratio over 2.0

WE ALL KNOW ITS EXPENSIVE,
Greater the RISK.

On to Good news!

RITE AID (RAD), a debt laden,Left For Dead Co. The runt in a"three horse race";).
Last year trading @ a buck or two,and priced for self destruction.

They closed losing stores, remodeled existing.Refinanced the Debt.Instituting a awesome turn around.That I believe in.

US GDP for april was up what .08%?
RAD same store sales up 4.8%.

This is another,Great American Turn Around Story.
I first got behind it in late 2012 @ $1.37
I have sold some and purchased some all the way to $7.00.

The Motley Fool has some good Articles on Valuation.

I think this ones Going to $12.00 this yr.
This may also be a buy out story, by CVS or WAG, though thats pure speculation...

How about (JCP) JC Penny another left for Dead casualty ?
Or another turn around story..

kelpdiver

every segment in Apple's portfolio is declining in sales. Get the hell out, it's no growth stock.

Euphoria always ends Badly.

Bears make money,
Bulls make money,
Pigs Get Slaughtered...

Pessimism is healthy, in a balanced approach, but Dogma and hatred of the market.
Will ONLY ensure you Never participate,Opportunity is Dead.

Statements Like "GET THE HELL OUT NOW."
insight Panic, and No one ever made a Dime in a panic.
Usually there is a Better time to sell.

Since you made this statement ...

Apple has Gone from about $525 a Share, to $597. so far.
$70+ a share,BOOM. Three rides to 12.5k.
One week on one share.

Do you have anymore "get the hell out" stocks ?

I need an AAD soon, maybe you can Help?
I'm Not Slammin you,I'm only tryin to make my point.

richravizza

Bears make money,
Bulls make money,
Pigs Get Slaughtered...

Ah - the influence of Cramer. Sorry, that's an awful curse to bear. But it
does explain your postings very well.

No one ever made a Dime in a panic.
Usually there is a Better time to sell.

Don't be ridiculous - a lot of people make money in a panic. Or lose less. Those Bear Stearns investors who listened to Cramer and didn't sell lost it all. Whereas JPM did quite well for itself in the panic.

Since you made this statement ...

Apple has Gone from about $525 a Share, to $597. so far.
$70+ a share,BOOM. Three rides to 12.5k.
One week on one share.

Short term pop from the split announcement and cash payout. It doesn't change the long term problems for the company to maintain such a rich valuation. So I see you're back to being a trader (gambler) rather than an "investor."

Peter Lynch, actually..
But Cramer will do the Job, getting people interested in augmenting their pay checks.
There is REAL cash to be made.
Paying for the kids education,funding a respectable retirement,vacations...and jumpn of course.

Motivation to start early so financial independence isn't just a DREAM, and Gov't Dependence isn't the only way.

Our public school teachers are Union employees and indifferent to our kids financial future. Some are down rite hostile about the markets..

I've got no more than a 30yr old, H.S. education,I'm a Wrench, and if I can do it ?

If we don't tell others of our success, what will motivate them?

I'm grateful, I have been taught to "Fish"(rather that being given one)and couldn't afford to Jump without it.

If I can Save just one, from a Future of Cat Food,and Social Security is it... so be it.

I think Your Hung Up,on valuation.

Apple is not an expensive Stock.
Please review My Previous posts on Valuation,P/E,and PEG.

What are Your Winners and How did you come to own them?

I don't want this post to turn into a Pissn contest.

Just an Optimistic Source of Interest,hope and motivation to others.

MY Themes for Future Financial Success and Wealth Building.

# 2 The USA Has Found and is Developing More Oil Than any other Time in Our History.

The small independent wild cats like Whiting(WLL) continental(CLR)and (EOG) are Kickin ASS..

Making our country OIL ect. SELF RELIANT:)
EOG reported earnings;HOUSTON, May 5 (Reuters) - EOG Resources Inc (EOG), an oil and gas company that drills for crude in shale, on Monday reported a 34 percent increase in quarterly profit, helped by a surge in crude production.
Profit in the first quarter was $661 million, or $1.21 per share, up from $495 million, or 91 cents per share, in the same quarter a year earlier.
Oil and gas output for the total company increased 18 percent. Crude oil and condensate production rose 42 percent. (Reporting by Anna Driver; Editing by David Gregorio)

"OIL production increased by 42%, 34 percent increase in quarterly profit, helped by a surge in crude production."

This is not a TYPO...

Iago

So, if it trades at $600 and makes $41 a share, would you expect a company that makes $4 a share to trade higher than $60?

It depends on how it makes those $4, and what its growth prospects are. When Apple surged past $700 (and the most capitalized company in the world) and speculation abounded about the round $1000 figure, it was priced for continued perfection. In reality, it's hard to grow like that when you're the biggest company. Many have come along and they all eventually turn into solid companies but without that sort of growth.

Unlike Google and other software companies, Apple is primarily a manufacturing company. So their gross margins are lower, and the risk of excess inventory matters. And that translates to a lower P/E. Apple has been much better at inventory control then most - it's a key reason why they don't make too many SKUs and dilute themselves with too much undifferentiated product. But that leads to the drop in revenue growth. They relied on the next big success to fuel the past decade of growth and this time there doesn't seem to be an Ipad to pull out.