rickjump1

Heathrow Security Plays It Safe, Takes 'Toy Story' Doll's Fake Pistol

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/11/heathrow-toy-story-gun-airport-security_n_4767896.html
"The doll's caretaker, John Hazen, snapped a picture of Woody in the midst of his pat-down. He then shared the image on Reddit, with the caption, 'security just confiscated his 'weapon,' keep the world safe boys..."

According to the pictures shown, Woody had made a previous visit to Chicago armed with his tiny wooden pistol that had no moving parts. Does this mean that security at Heathrow is superior to that in Chicago?
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

How is this any different from security confiscating tie-tacks shaped like guns here in the US?

You know, the little pins about 3/4 inch, often pewter, cast into the image of a variety of different guns.

Like THESE

I think they stopped, but they did it for a while after the September 2001 attacks.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

grue

Every time that I fear the US or Australia has hit humanity's peak for stupid, cowardly nanny state bullshit, the fogbreathers over on knifecrime island manage to prove my fears groundless.

That sounds like a challenge, sir.
I'm betting the US or Oz can up their game shortly.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

FlyingRhenquest

Well it IS Heathrow. One of their concourses resides in the 8th circle of Hell. You can never be too careful...

Been through there at tamer times. They were more concerned with whether I was seeking employment in the UK (I had already been prompted what to say).

StreetScooby

This is beyond ridiculous. And yet, LGA TSA continue to let women dressed in burkas walk through with no checks.

The jihadists know the burka charade will be over after the first bang. They are just waiting for technology to catch up for the best bang for the buck. An added bonus for jihadist candidates is a large vagina and a student visa for the States.

Pacific

I still blame the people who continuously try to test airport security and their measures...then turn around and bash them. these are the people slowing down the security lines. Mail your bullshit home or just drive.

I will agree with you when this applies to everyone including Street Scooby's burka passengers. Nobody should be exempt. If granny gets frisked, so do the burka paxs.

Government wisdom in action.

So, we ask the same government to define marriage, when life begins, how to raise children...

I continue to maintain that government is the least efficient means of doing anything. It must, therefore, be restricted to only those things that cannot be done at a level closer to the individual.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.