rickjump1

Christian Crimes in Chicago

http://news.yahoo.com/chicago-archdiocese-hid-decades-child-sex-abuse-153516535.html "Chicago archdiocese hid decades of child sex abuse"........"CHICAGO (AP) — After a 13-year-old boy reported in 1979 that a priest raped him and later threatened him at gunpoint to keep quiet, the Archdiocese of Chicago assured the boy's parents that although the cleric avoided prosecution, he would receive treatment and have no further contact with minors........."

This is really pathetic, and it goes global protecting the Church over the victims.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

Hi rick,

global protecting the Church over the victims

The Catholic Church has found that bankrupcy is their way out of owning up to their responsibilities.

And to be completely 2-faced:

http://money.cnn.com/2014/01/21/news/pope-speech-davos/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

I have some very good friends that are ardent Catholics, but I think that it is the worst religion on earth.

JerryBaumchen

JerryBaumchen

Hi rick,

global protecting the Church over the victims

The Catholic Church has found that bankrupcy is their way out of owning up to their responsibilities.

And to be completely 2-faced:

http://money.cnn.com/2014/01/21/news/pope-speech-davos/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

I have some very good friends that are ardent Catholics, but I think that it is the worst religion on earth.

JerryBaumchen

If you ever get a chance to read, "Fatal Silence", The Pope, the Resistance and the German Occupation of Rome by Robert Katz, it will only strengthen your view of the Catholic Church. I agree.

I am one of those who believe that the Roman Catholic Church is not Christian. However, I do believe there are Roman Catholic Christians.

A friend of mine at church asked me why there were so many priests abusing children, usually boys, as far as I know. I do not have an answer but, there certainly is a large number.

The rule of SC prohibit us from discussing this further.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

I am one of those who believe that the Roman Catholic Church is not Christian. However, I do believe there are Roman Catholic Christians.

A friend of mine at church asked me why there were so many priests abusing children, usually boys, as far as I know. I do not have an answer but, there certainly is a large number.

No, the rules prohibit joking about it. Not discussion of it. Same with Michael Jackson.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

RonD1120

It's amazing to me the number of years we Americans have been reading and talking abuse in the Catholic Church, and it keeps happening with cover ups. It's like a never ending crime against children. It's bound to speed up the decline of the Catholic Church and hurt other Christian dominations. This plague could cause others to back away completely from any religion.

My personal opinion is that any church which prohibits its clergy from marrying and having a consensual sexual relationship is just asking for trouble. I wouldn't ask a RC priest for marital advice simply because they don't have the life experience necessary.
Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organisation

It's bound to speed up the decline of the Catholic Church and hurt other Christian denominations.

It's not just the catholic church, it is all denominations that hide the abusers. A quick search on the web will expose just how wide spread child abuse has been within all religions.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

freethefly

It's bound to speed up the decline of the Catholic Church and hurt other Christian denominations.

It's not just the catholic church, it is all denominations that hide the abusers. A quick search on the web will expose just how wide spread child abuse has been within all religions.

The youth director of a former church I belonged to was exposed for having sex with a junior high school girl, and now he's doing time in the state pen. There was no attempt to cover this up, and the asshole is paying.
There is child abuse in school, boy scout troops, summer camps, sports, or any thing involving children with adults. Safe guards and rules should be in place and strongly enforced to the max to prevent this. We are all sinners to some extent, but there are those who should never be allowed to interact with children, but how do you know until it happens? It's like bad doctors being passed around from hospital to hospital and never being found out until they maim or kill someone.

freethefly

I wonder if the same quick search of the web could also expose just how wide spread child abuse occurs in non-religious house holds? Might be shocking:o

rifleman

My personal opinion is that any church which prohibits its clergy from marrying and having a consensual sexual relationship is just asking for trouble. I wouldn't ask a RC priest for marital advice simply because they don't have the life experience necessary.

32 years ago when i asked my Father in law if he would approve of me marrying his daughter he asked me to get married in the Catholic church. We had to take classes from a Nun twice a week for 6 months to learn how to live the married life before they would perform the ceremony. I found it odd to be instructed by someone that was never married on how to be married. :S
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Rick

***My personal opinion is that any church which prohibits its clergy from marrying and having a consensual sexual relationship is just asking for trouble. I wouldn't ask a RC priest for marital advice simply because they don't have the life experience necessary.

32 years ago when i asked my Father in law if he would approve of me marrying his daughter he asked me to get married in the Catholic church. We had to take classes from a Nun twice a week for 6 months to learn how to live the married life before they would perform the ceremony. I found it odd to be instructed by someone that was never married on how to be married. :S There are a lot of things going on behind those walls. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25787757