ryoder

Congressman Introduces Bill To Allow Medical Marijuana Users To Buy Guns

Given the mindset of the current SCOTUS, I don't see the ATF ruluing having much of a chance.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Not sure why they can't already. If they have a prescription, how is it different from any other medication? Plus, I'm pretty sure marijuana isn't going to lead to fits of aggressive behavior and violence.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

davjohns

Not sure why they can't already.

Because that would cut government budgets in organizations like the DEA and profits for powerful political forces like the private prison industry and correctional officers' unions.

18 USC 922(g) It shall be unlawful for any person -

(3)who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802))

to ship or transport in interstate or foreign commerce, or possess in or affecting commerce, any firearm or ammunition; or to receive any firearm or ammunition which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce.

where everything "affects" commerce.

If they have a prescription, how is it different from any other medication?

It's different because Federal law makes it illegal to prescribe marijuana.

Plus, I'm pretty sure marijuana isn't going to lead to fits of aggressive behavior and violence.

That's not the government position. According to Henry Anslinger who became head of the newly created Federal Bureau of Narcotics in 1930 and held the position through 1962

You smoke a joint and you’re likely to kill your brother.

Marijuana is the most violence-causing drug in the history of mankind.

although miscegenation may have been a bigger concern

There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos, and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz, and swing, result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and any others.

davjohns

Not sure why they can't already. If they have a prescription, how is it different from any other medication? Plus, I'm pretty sure marijuana isn't going to lead to fits of aggressive behavior and violence.

....only if you mess with their stash.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

DrewEckhardt

There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos, and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz, and swing, result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and any others.

:o

Oh the Humanity!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

Oh the Humanity!

Sounds like a good night out.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Well, I was prepared to make allowances for those negroes, Hispanics, and Filipinos...but entertainers? Hell no! Jazz and swing music?

Next, we'll have dogs and cats living together. Total chaos, I tell you!
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

kallend

Oh the Humanity!

I think the next generation is going to have the same reaction regarding current opposition to gay marriage.