rushmc

CBS Poll: 84% of Democrats Want ObamaCare Changed or Repealed

It's called competition and cost controls. Everyone, including the Republicans wanted something done to control costs. A large part of the bill is cost controls and performance measures for doctors and hospitals. If your insurance company re-negotiates with your doctor and your doctor does not like the deal, then they are free to pursue a different deal with a different company or branch out on their own. That is actually called CAPITALISM.

I have had 3 doctors drop the insurance company that I was with in the past 18 years I have been in the USA and paying for health insurance. This is far from a post-ACA problem, but of course, you will attempt to turn it into one. M current doctor still complains every day about the insurance companies and how they screw him every day. He does it today post-ACA and he did it 5 years ago, pre-Obama.

It is no different than certain body shops working with certain car insurance companies and not with others. old news.

rushmc

it doesn't properly cite the poll, so it's unclear what people said by wants ACA changed. It's easy to get polling results of "do something (completely non specific) to make it better, please." But that's not an actual solution, that's just a measure of people's uneasiness about the current status quo. People were happy about health care before, either, which is why Hillary tried to reform it two decades earlier, and why Bush did with the drug program.

Since only 12% of the Democrats picked the repeal option, that suggests the majority of Republicans do want this, begging the question - do they want the repeal because they don't like ACA, or because they don't want Obama to have his signature legislation?

If the ACA is as terrible as you claim, 2014 would be a cakewalk right to 2016, all you would have to do is wait. But I have a feeling that people are going to notice those "little things", Like them or their loved ones staying healthy and not dying.

I'm waiting to hear from the first Righty, with a pre-existing medical condition who steps forward and refuses the insurance that they can now afford. Someone perhaps with an aggressive cancer that can be treated successfully early, but will die otherwise. Perhaps you have seen some of those tv adds by the Koch brothers, billionaires telling people not to buy health insurance, that's priceless. It kind of reminds me of the GOP tv adds of the elderly people being wheeled off of cliffs, but now it's everyone.

Perhaps you've noticed all those people on Fox who claim they lost, were denied or can no longer afford their insurance, all of them debunked.

tkhayes

It's called competition and cost controls. Everyone, including the Republicans wanted something done to control costs. A large part of the bill is cost controls and performance measures for doctors and hospitals. If your insurance company re-negotiates with your doctor and your doctor does not like the deal, then they are free to pursue a different deal with a different company or branch out on their own. That is actually called CAPITALISM.

I have had 3 doctors drop the insurance company that I was with in the past 18 years I have been in the USA and paying for health insurance. This is far from a post-ACA problem, but of course, you will attempt to turn it into one. M current doctor still complains every day about the insurance companies and how they screw him every day. He does it today post-ACA and he did it 5 years ago, pre-Obama.

It is no different than certain body shops working with certain car insurance companies and not with others. old news.

No repulican voted for the ACA piece of shit
And the ACA has noting to do with keeping costs down
Was never inteneded to
The ACA was never going to let people keep their polieces
As designed
The ACA is about control
Nothing in the ACA with help you with your situation long term

And you are right. Republicans do want to do something
But the NEVER wanted the gov to take over 1/6th of the economy in the name of afordable HC
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

jclalor

If the ACA is as terrible as you claim, 2014 would be a cakewalk right to 2016, all you would have to do is wait. But I have a feeling that people are going to notice those "little things", Like them or their loved ones staying healthy and not dying.

What, about a year off now?

You know what is funny?
All these righties you despise predicted (accept for the joke that is the website) nearly everything that is happening today

So, I guess in the lefties minds, the right caused it?
Abraham Lincoln

Stumpy

***because they don't want Obama to have his signature legislation?

We have a winner.

No, It is because this law is bad
And Obama is stuck with it
And history will show this
Abraham Lincoln

Interesting
CBS took the articel down
Go figure
https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&site=&source=hp&q=CBS+pll+84%25+obamacare&oq=CBS+pll+84%25+obamacare&gs_l=hp.3...3353.15798.0.16148.25.24.1.0.0.0.258.3222.4j19j1.24.0....0...1c.1.32.hp..10.15.2073.tuUoMimLOxU

Google still has the headlines however
Abraham Lincoln

tkhayes

So its typical that 50-100 million people get dropped from their insurance in one year? Because those are the projections for 2014.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

devildog

***It's called competition and cost controls. Everyone, including the Republicans wanted something done to control costs. A large part of the bill is cost controls and performance measures for doctors and hospitals. If your insurance company re-negotiates with your doctor and your doctor does not like the deal, then they are free to pursue a different deal with a different company or branch out on their own. That is actually called CAPITALISM.

So its typical that 50-100 million people get dropped from their insurance in one year? Because those are the projections for 2014.

the left is parroting the Carville talking point of insurance companies dropping plans everyday

But, they will not talk about HOW MANY plans
And of course, we have never seen anything like this before

And this is just the beginning

They tried the evil insurance companies
That didnt work
Gotta wonder what is next
Abraham Lincoln

http://www.rwjf.org/content/dam/farm/reports/issue_briefs/2011/rwjf71451

http://www.urban.org/UploadedPDF/412665-Despite-Criticism-The-Affordable-Care-Act-Does-Much-to-Contain-Health-Care-Cost.pdf

Just a couple things I found in a couple seconds. You must be right then, the ACA does NOTHING to control costs....except for the parts of it that do of course.

source that please. preferably not something from Fox news.... Oh you mean the 'American Enterprise Institute'? I am all ears.....for sure the bastion of public policy....

predictions are closer to 5M. 1.7% of the population. And no stats about what plans they will be replaced with, many of which will be better coverage. Man will be better coverage for less money. Yep....truly a disaster. [bat-shit-crazy]

tkhayes

http://www.rwjf.org/content/dam/farm/reports/issue_briefs/2011/rwjf71451

http://www.urban.org/UploadedPDF/412665-Despite-Criticism-The-Affordable-Care-Act-Does-Much-to-Contain-Health-Care-Cost.pdf

Just a couple things I found in a couple seconds. You must be right then, the ACA does NOTHING to control costs....except for the parts of it that do of course.

You are right
It does control costs
But, when I think of cost control I think of keep the cost down or helping the value increase
Which of course we now know the ACA does not do
Abraham Lincoln

tkhayes

source that please. preferably not something from Fox news.... Oh you mean the 'American Enterprise Institute'? I am all ears.....for sure the bastion of public policy....

One should tend to listen to them since they have been nearly 100% correct regarding the ACA so far
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

84% of Democrats are irrelevant because

1. They are not members of Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America whose members stand to make billions off ACA.

2. They are not part of the 0.4% of natural people making campaign contributions large enough to require FEC reporting.

3. They are not going to vote for a Republican next time

4. In the unlikely event they do vote for a Republican he or she will also act on behalf of PhRMA, like those who had House + Senate majorities and held the Presidency when they passed Medicare Part D. The Republican they vote for might do such good work for PhRMA that they give them a seven figure job as their president and CEO like Representative Billy Tauzin. Billy Tauzin was also the guy who negotiated with Obama to remove onerous profit-killing restrictions from ACA like the prescription drug reimport provision.

rushmc

***http://www.rwjf.org/content/dam/farm/reports/issue_briefs/2011/rwjf71451

You are right
It does control costs
But, when I think of cost control I think of keep the cost down or helping the value increase

My cost has gone down a lot.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

******http://www.rwjf.org/content/dam/farm/reports/issue_briefs/2011/rwjf71451

You are right
It does control costs

Yes
One of the lucky one percenters

Living off the work of others
It is a shame you will not step up and pay your fair share
Abraham Lincoln

Living off the work of others
It is a shame you will not step up and pay your fair share

Don't all business owners, managers, or anyone with subordinates live off the work of others?

For that matter, if you use stuff that's manufactured, you're making your living off their work, too.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

kelpdiver

which is merely the effect of being older in a new system that limits the differential that can be charged between you and an 18 year old.

Nope. Flat rate.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

"The impact of the ACA's new formula for setting age rating bands has attracted recent interest in Washington. Starting in 2014 under the law, insurers will be prohibited from selling nongroup coverage to an adult 64 or older for more than three times the premium they would assign to a 21-year-old for the same coverage. This translates into a maximum 3-to-1 premium ratio based on age, which narrows the gap between what younger and older people pay for insurance now."