mirage62

Do the Democrats own Obamacare completely?

Do The Democrats own Obama care?

The Republicans own Iraq, does everyone recall the “You broke it, you own it” comments from the Democrats? To a degree I agreed.

I also agree that the American health care delivery system needed changes. The ACA was passed without Republican support, to me as to party ownership it seems clear that the Democrats own it.

Many of my Democrat friends will claim that Republican obstructionist maneuvers have hurt ACA. To that I agree but none of the Republicans supported it in the first place. I believe that this is key to their ownership.

I have little faith in the government to run health care, one only has to look at social security be worried. Like social security I see to many areas that our elected officials will be unable to resist “improving” in an effort to garner more votes (both sides)

BUT should the Democrats work out the ACA and it becomes a well-functioning system, they will rightly deserve congratulations.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

They do own it, now (while it sucks) and in the future (when it gets better.)

That's a massive strategic mistake by the GOP. By trying to hang it around Obama's neck, they will forever associate it with him. And in 20 years, when Obamacare is simply the way US healthcare runs, Obama will be remembered as the guy who started the system.

"But this modern system has nothing to do with Obama! We helped fix it!" the GOP presidential candidate will cry. "Stop claiming that the democrats did all this. We did the hard part by fixing his lousy system!" And he will be 25 years too late.

"execution was flawed from the start"
And that sums it up. Twenty years from now, Obamacare will not be the way the health care system runs. ACA is simply a mandate for insurance companies and that is not the model for an effective health care system.
You don't have to outrun the bear.

billvon

They do own it, now (while it sucks) and in the future (when it gets better.)

That's a massive strategic mistake by the GOP. By trying to hang it around Obama's neck, they will forever associate it with him. And in 20 years, when Obamacare is simply the way US healthcare runs, Obama will be remembered as the guy who started the system.

"But this modern system has nothing to do with Obama! We helped fix it!" the GOP presidential candidate will cry. "Stop claiming that the democrats did all this. We did the hard part by fixing his lousy system!" And he will be 25 years too late.

lol...the laws of economics are as reliable as the laws of physics. Im no rocket scientist...but im fairly sure flat balls dont bounce.

It takes a pretty damn arrogant SOB to straight up lie to the ENTIRE COUNTRY and think everything will be good to go:S

Our supreme leader is an idiot.
what!?

billvon

SO you're saying that the ACA (which even you are calling "Obamacare") should be called "Bipartisancare?"

Medicare isn't called "Johnsoncare." It's being protected (despite its predictable ultimate demise) by both sides.

Face it - nobody anywhere is happy with their healthcare system (in the most notable WHO survey of 2000, Americans were actually the happiest in the world with it).

My wife is hotter than your wife.

>OTOH do you think that the democrats get ALL the credit for social security?

They probably get more than half of it, but most people don't know it's history so it's definitely not black and white.

Now imagine if the program was named "FDRism" by its opponents and the name stuck. Do you think that democrats would get all the credit for it?