grue

Who was the best president, and why?

Ronald Reagan

1.) Reaganomics- 'advocated reducing tax rates to spur economic growth, controlling the money supply to reduce inflation, deregulation of the economy, and reducing government spending'

2.) The end of the cold war

3.) Immigration Reform and Control Act

But personally to me at least in my lifetime he seemed to be the most genuine president and while he may have been an actor...didn't seem like everything he said was a lie like what we have currently.

regulator

Ronald Reagan

1.) Reaganomics- 'advocated reducing tax rates to spur economic growth, controlling the money supply to reduce inflation, deregulation of the economy, and reducing government spending'

Lousy policies that cost GHW Bush a second term, and government spending and the deficit both increased under St. Ron. Deregulation started under Carter. Reagan signed EMTALA, a major contributing factor to health care costs increasing. Reagan's policies led to the S&L debacle which cost taxpayers $Billions.

2.) The end of the cold war

3.) Immigration Reform and Control Act

But personally to me at least in my lifetime he seemed to be the most genuine president and while he may have been an actor...didn't seem like everything he said was a lie like what we have currently.

Iran Contra.

"I'm sorry I can't recall".

He was INDEED an actor, he still has you fooled, and he's been dead for years.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

If you ignore the tripe we were taught in school and study the real George Washington, you will likely be very impressed.

As a military leader, man's man, statesman, business man, and family man, he was impressive. As a philosopher and statesman, I'm most fond of Thomas Jefferson. But GW did things TJ never attempted.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

davjohns

If you ignore the tripe we were taught in school and study the real George Washington, you will likely be very impressed.

As a military leader, man's man, statesman, business man, and family man, he was impressive. As a philosopher and statesman, I'm most fond of Thomas Jefferson. But GW did things TJ never attempted.

They glossed over a lot of stuff in school. I was traveling once and caught a really old rerun of Letterman from just after G Gordon Liddy had got out of prison. He was telling some stories of some of the goings-on while he was working for Nixon, which was far more interesting and enlightening than anything I'd ever heard about the guy in school. I always hated history in school because it was so dry. Just memorize these dates with no context or idea why the personalities involved were clashing at the time. A few stories from the guy who knew the guy were eye-opening.

For all that Nixon was pretty crazy toward the end of his presidency, he had a quirky sense of humor about it. One of the NPR guys was telling a story about how he was on the short list to be investigated by the FBI. After the Nixon administration got caught at it, they claimed they were considering offering him a job and that they did background checks on everyone they were planning to offer a job, as a matter of course. When he met Nixon some years later, after the whole affair had died down a bit, he introduced himself. Nixon said "Oh yeah, I remember you! Damn near offered you a job once!"
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

[Reply]"I'm sorry I can't recall".

Here the guy had Alzheimers. And people still think he was lying when he said he couldn't remember. And Reagan never had a friendly Congress. Instead, he actually worked with Congress. I know, I know. How dare he.

My greatest Presidents? Washington. Just an amazing dude. Amazing president. A guy who DECLINED more power.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Dwight Eisenhower ?????

Granted,,, he operated during a time of prosperity and relative peace...
I think that HE began the Interstate HIGHWAY program which created MANY of the roads we drive on Today...
( and most of which have had NO repairs done on them, since they were built ... thanks to those who followed him into office...)
still,,,
" I Like(d) Ike " :)