rickjump1

Outrage Over Burning Twin Towers Halloween Costume Worn by Teens in the UK

People need to get over it. There's no such thing as "too soon", and even if there was it's been a dozen years.

The only offensive part here is that the costumes weren't even that well-executed and still won.
cavete terrae.

grue

People need to get over it. There's no such thing as "too soon", and even if there was it's been a dozen years.

The only offensive part here is that the costumes weren't even that well-executed and still won.

"Too soon"? I don't think the relatives and friends of the victims would agree with you. It's like joking about death camps or Pearl Harbor.

"The only offensive part here is that the costumes weren't even that well-executed and still won." Would falling bodies or burning aircraft improve their "execution"?

To me, it's a tremendous loss of good taste. It's like joking about jihadists overturning and breaking the headstones of British WWII graves in Libya. After all, WWII is long over. http://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/mar/04/libya-war-graves-desecrated
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

To me, it's a tremendous loss of good taste. It's like joking about jihadists overturning and breaking the headstones of British WWII graves in Libya.

To be fair though, is it possible to come up with a good joke about that? As subject matter goes it's a bit clunky.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

rickjump1

"Too soon"? I don't think the relatives and friends of the victims would agree with you. It's like joking about death camps or Pearl Harbor.

Both are fair game, as far as I'm concerned. I don't know any good pearl harbor jokes, though.

rickjump1

To me, it's a tremendous loss of good taste. It's like joking about jihadists overturning and breaking the headstones of British WWII graves in Libya.

To each their own, I guess. Humour heals.
cavete terrae.

jakee

To be fair though, is it possible to come up with a good joke about that? As subject matter goes it's a bit clunky.

Monte Python?

rickjump1

Monte Python?

Graves on a mountain shaped like a snake? Is it a joke or a map to buried treasure?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

It's the same as the chick who dressed up as a Boston Marathon runner, complete with gore. Personally, I think it's a douchebag way to roll.

That being said, there have always been people making stupid decisions about Halloween costumes, just like people have always been making inappropriate jokes and comments in front of the wrong people. But nowadays, with social media in high gear, instead of being "that guy" at the Halloween party, it's all over the world for everyone to get all bunched up over.

Elvisio "I dressed up as, well, me" Rodriguez

Well said. I remember being drunk in Vietnam and joking with friends about "singing telegrams", the dreaded telegram no mother (including our own) wanted to receive. We had seen death close up and personal, and we joked about it. That was as far as it got.

rickjump1

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/outrage-over-burning-twin-tower-halloween-costume-worn-by-teens-in-the-uk-194727599.html "The club awarded the girls Best Dressed for their costumes, winning them a cash prize."

they are from the UK not NYC, so it probably is not nearly as sensitive a subject as it us to us. the costume was in poor taste for sure but so what. i wouldnt wear it but understand they are young and from the UK so not really bothered by it at all.

i dont know these the girls so am not even remotely bothered by their behavior. life is way to short for me to be concerned about the Halloween costumes of strangers.
"The point is, I'm weird, but I never felt weird."
John Frusciante

weekender

***http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/outrage-over-burning-twin-tower-halloween-costume-worn-by-teens-in-the-uk-194727599.html "The club awarded the girls Best Dressed for their costumes, winning them a cash prize."

they are from the UK not NYC, so it probably is not nearly as sensitive a subject as it us to us. the costume was in poor taste for sure but so what. i wouldnt wear it but understand they are young and from the UK so not really bothered by it at all.

i dont know these the girls so am not even remotely bothered by their behavior. life is way to short for me to be concerned about the Halloween costumes of strangers.

Wah. Sack up babies.

wildcard451

******http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/outrage-over-burning-twin-tower-halloween-costume-worn-by-teens-in-the-uk-194727599.html "The club awarded the girls Best Dressed for their costumes, winning them a cash prize."

Wah. Sack up babies.

im not sure why you are calling me a baby. did you read my post? i dont care one bit about these girls, you or your entire nation. not one iota.
"The point is, I'm weird, but I never felt weird."
John Frusciante