turtlespeed

Holy Crap - Is this really true?

If this is true, there has to be something we can do.

(Side note - looks like Bignugget can be satisfied that there were no guns available to avoid the rape.)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

(Side note - looks like Bignugget can be satisfied that there were no guns available to avoid the rape.)

Well the state has re-opened the case and are investigating again I believe. I remember reading something about it last week.

No guns available in what sense though? Guns are certainly legal in Missouri, widely available, and we have a conceal carry law.

Or are you saying we should be arming 14 year olds?

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/10/12/4549775/nightmare-in-maryville-teens-sexual.html

Here is an article that actually explains how it went down.

Sure sounds like he and his buddies took advantage of her and her friend, and the political clout someone had got them out of it for awhile.

Not sure if arming 14 year olds is the logical next step though.

Bignugget

Not sure if arming 14 year olds is the logical next step though.

Hard to use a gun when you are passed out drunk.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Because as the George Zimmerman trial proved, nothing bad can come from public outrage causing a State Attorney General to prosecute a case when the local law enforcement decides there isn't enough to convict under the law.

It's why I HATE stuff like this. Let's see the laws that were alleged to be violated. A presentation of some extra facts could be useful.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

lawrocket

Because as the George Zimmerman trial proved, nothing bad can come from public outrage causing a State Attorney General to prosecute a case when the local law enforcement decides there isn't enough to convict under the law.

It's why I HATE stuff like this. Let's see the laws that were alleged to be violated. A presentation of some extra facts could be useful.

I think it deals more into, why did the investigation stop where it did.

The political connections and abrupt closure of the case raise suspicion.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

It still amazes people that corruption and intimidation still exists in any size town or city. Having once lived outside of a town of 238 people in Arkansas, I thought we were right out of a William Faulkner's novel. Wills were changed, votes were bought for a pint of whiskey, and black people were not allowed to speak at a city council meeting, but things did change for the better over time. The best thing for me was watching the ruling family get kicked out of local politics while the crooks at the county courthouse watched in horror.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.