rickjump1

Kenyan Mall Terrorists Present a Threat to the World at Large

The Tanakh is a Bronze to Iron Age family history of sorts, and was never intended for general consumption.

Just because you repeat that sentence over and over, and it includes a fancy word for the Old Testament, doesn't make it true.

It's not all the begatting that people have a problem with. It's the bronze age morality that many people still think is the divine word of God, and use as justification for being horrible to each other.

Al religion is bullshit. To call out the Koran as being particularly bad while making excuses for the terrible things in other traditions is dishonest.

The Bible as we currently know it was also cherry picked heavily. The winners write history, regardless of which brand of God they worship.

- Dan G

I believe the spread of Sharia Law in the United States is real

No more than the spread of Hebrew or Catholic law.

...kill and attempt to kill non-muslims on American soil...

Perhaps you are not aware that Naibobi is not in the United States.

... liberals, from the White House down will continue to make excuses for them.

Who's making excuses? Examples, please?

How come there have been no massive muslim protests in the United States against Islamic jihad and the murder of innocent civilians by Muslims?

Why would there be? People like you wouldn't listen to them anyway.

- Dan G

"Perhaps you are not aware that Naibobi is not in the United States."

Careful, "Naibobians" kidnap camera flyers and force them to breed with their half-insect wood nymphs on the planet "Naibobi". After they are done with you, they cut off your nuts and return you to Earth. Does this sound familiar?
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

DanG

The winners write history

This.

I hold no stock in any organized religion for this exact reason. Be nice to one another, mind your own business, don't do harm. Live your life that way as best you can and you're going to have less problems.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

"Perhaps you are not aware that Naibobi is not in the United States."

Careful, "Naibobians" kidnap camera flyers and force them to breed with their half-insect wood nymphs on the planet "Naibobi". After they are done with you, they cut off your nuts and return you to Earth. Does this sound familiar?

The best you could do was make fun of a typo?

- Dan G

DanG

The Tanakh is a Bronze to Iron Age family history of sorts, and was never intended for general consumption.

Just because you repeat that sentence over and over, and it includes a fancy word for the Old Testament, doesn't make it true.

No, the fact that it is accurate does.

Pay attention here. The term 'Old Testament' only works against the assumption that the new one is somehow related. It is not.

The Tanakh is a compendium of writings of varying authorship that are pivotal to the history of the Children of Israel. That's it.

It's not all the begatting that people have a problem with. It's the bronze age morality that many people still think is the divine word of God, and use as justification for being horrible to each other.

You figure?

Al religion is bullshit.

Did you figure that out all by yourself?

To call out the Koran as being particularly bad while making excuses for the terrible things in other traditions is dishonest.

Like the 'Book of Mormon,' the Koran is an entirely synthetic document, prepared for political purposes. Each relies on the Christian and Hebrew Scriptures for a claim of authenticity, but each was fabricated out of whole cloth.

I think anyone who takes the Hebrew Scriptures at face value A) Is not too tightly wrapped, B) Doesn't get out much and/or C) Is not particularly bright.

If you ask many a Rabbi about the literal content of the Torah, you might get a raised eyebrow and suggestion that one put it into context.

Many observant Jews - to include Rabbis - are operationally atheists. The significance of many traditions has little to do with the religious overtones in practice.

The Bible as we currently know it was also cherry picked heavily. The winners write history, regardless of which brand of God they worship.

The Christian Scriptures are indeed cherry-picked and heavily redacted. The politics of their compilation is interesting, and I find it amazing that anyone who knows anything about it takes any of it at face value.

Your apparent assumption that because I consider Islam to be without redeeming value, following the lead of a a vicious pervert, there is some other set of religious tenets to which I ascribe. Wrong.

I value our traditions, but do not expect Elijah to walk in and drain his cup at the Seder any more than one might expect Santa Claus to pop down the chimney with a bag of presents or the Easter Bunny to show up with colored eggs.

BSBD,

Winsor

Stumpy

any more than one might expect Santa Claus to pop down the chimney with a bag of presents or the Easter Bunny to show up with colored eggs.

What?!?!?!

>:(B|B|:(

You know - Santa . . . Chris Cringle . . . Saint Clause . . . And the easter bunny - You HAVE to know the easter bunny.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

any more than one might expect Santa Claus to pop down the chimney with a bag of presents or the Easter Bunny to show up with colored eggs.

What?!?!?!

You know - Santa . . . Chris Cringle . . . Saint Clause . . . And the easter bunny - You HAVE to know the easter bunny.

That....was....hideous!
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

What?!?!?!

That....was....hideous!

Yeah, well Santa has his off days as well.