ryoder

Lawmakers in Uruguay Vote to Legalize Marijuana

Gravitymaster

Great News!!! Maybe now, all the potheads will move to Uruguary.

You spout all sorts of nonsense about your right to have a gun you can use to kill people.

But you are against people getting stoned and eating cheetos?

Wait, now that I think of it that makes sense. I would want a gun to kill people with if I didn't relax with a joint once in awhile.

Iago

I really don't have a problem with it. I've known plenty of recreational pot smokers that were hard working, productive members of society.

Everyone knows pot smokers are none of that.

They are hippie useless drains on society that belong in prison...you know...where they don't drain society because paying to keep them there is free....

Gravitymaster

Good to see you have figured out why you need to self-medicate yourself. One day your worthless, pothead friends will figure it out too.

It's good to see you never miss an opportunity to be nice.

Do you lecture your own worthless, drunken friends about their pointless need to have a beer after work or a glass of wine with dinner?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Gravitymaster

Good to see you have figured out why you need to self-medicate yourself. One day your worthless, pothead friends will figure it out too.

So how do you feel about binge drinkers?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***Good to see you have figured out why you need to self-medicate yourself. One day your worthless, pothead friends will figure it out too.

So how do you feel about binge drinkers?

Or how about people who have a beer with dinner and that's it? Do they get lumped in with alcoholics?
Provoking a reaction isn't the same thing as saying something meaningful.
-Calvin

Just in case anyone is curious, in a clinical sense, alcoholism is a term based on the need to consume not the quantity consumed. In other words, if you have to have one drink after work you could be an alcoholic.

To be fair, the term in clinical assessment is usually applied based on problem(s) created by consumption.

1. Have you ever tried to cut down on your drinking?
2. Have you ever become angry when someone questioned you about your drinking?
3. Have you ever felt guilty following a drinking episode?
4. Do you have to have an eye opener drink in the morning?

Or another line of assessment questions:

1. Has your use caused you problems with your personal health?
2. Has your use caused a problem with your family relationships?
3. Has your use created employment problems?
4. Has your use created social problems for you?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

Just in case anyone is curious, in a clinical sense, alcoholism is a term based on the need to consume not the quantity consumed. In other words, if you have to have one drink after work you could be an alcoholic.

To be fair, the term in clinical assessment is usually applied based on problem(s) created by consumption.

1. Have you ever tried to cut down on your drinking?
2. Have you ever become angry when someone questioned you about your drinking?
3. Have you ever felt guilty following a drinking episode?
4. Do you have to have an eye opener drink in the morning?

Or another line of assessment questions:

1. Has your use caused you problems with your personal health?
2. Has your use caused a problem with your family relationships?
3. Has your use created employment problems?
4. Has your use created social problems for you?

I saw Betty Ford interviewed, and her take was refreshing.

The interviewer asked her about her consumption and she began to answer, then stopped and said that it really did not matter.

Betty said that, if you go to a party and know in advance how much you can drink, it's a bad sign.

If you know at any time during the party exactly how much you have consumed, it's a bad sign.

If you leave the party feeling proud of yourself for limiting your consumption to your predetermined limit, it's a bad sign.

Someone once pointed out that if you ask yourself whether or not you are an alcoholic, the answer is yes. People who are not alcoholics do not wonder if they are.

I have nothing against alcohol when consumed in limited quantities by people who are not driving or handling flamethrowers or whatever, and have bought my share for various firsts. As long as I don't have to consume it, I'm cool with it (it REALLY did not agree with me).

BSBD,

Winsor

Gravitymaster

That doesn't even make sense.

One day my worthless pothead friends will figure out they smoke joints to relax?

What will happen once they figure that out?

They will move to Uruguay? :S

jakee

***Good to see you have figured out why you need to self-medicate yourself. One day your worthless, pothead friends will figure it out too.

Do you lecture your own worthless, drunken friends about their pointless need to have a beer after work or a glass of wine with dinner?

Projecting again I see. I don't hang out with Drunks or Potheads sorry.

Bignugget

One day my worthless pothead friends will figure out they smoke joints to relax?

We can only hope. :ph34r:

Gravitymaster

******Good to see you have figured out why you need to self-medicate yourself. One day your worthless, pothead friends will figure it out too.

So I was reading it correctly.

Yep, doesn't make any sort of sense.

How would worthless potheads afford to move abroad and live in Uruguay? They spend all their government money on drugs.

Furthermore, why would worthless potheads want to move to a country that doesn't take care of them like they can suck off the teat of the good sober taxpayer (you) here in MURICA?

Additionally, most potheads I know, already know smoking pot is relaxing and have not really mentioned a desire to live in Uruguay.

Finally, why would potheads want to move to a country that doesn't have fast food, delivery pizza, and cheetos?

Bignugget

*********Good to see you have figured out why you need to self-medicate yourself. One day your worthless, pothead friends will figure it out too.

So I was reading it correctly.

Yep, doesn't make any sort of sense.

How would worthless potheads afford to move abroad and live in Uruguay? They spend all their government money on drugs.

Furthermore, why would worthless potheads want to move to a country that doesn't take care of them like they can suck off the teat of the good sober taxpayer (you) here in MURICA?

Additionally, most potheads I know, already know smoking pot is relaxing and have not really mentioned a desire to live in Uruguay.

Finally, why would potheads want to move to a country that doesn't have fast food, delivery pizza, and cheetos?

Partially correct. Did you know that there are people who know how to relax without drugging themselves up? It's called learning to deal with things instead of hiding in a bottle or in a puff of smoke.

Oh, the walls we build!!

Gravitymaster

******Good to see you have figured out why you need to self-medicate yourself. One day your worthless, pothead friends will figure it out too.

You don't hang out with anyone that drinks?

Do you live with a puritan sect or do you simply not have any friends?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

*********Good to see you have figured out why you need to self-medicate yourself. One day your worthless, pothead friends will figure it out too.

You don't hang out with anyone that drinks?

Do you live with a puritan sect or do you simply not have any friends?

I know this will come as a surprise to you, but not everyone who drinks is a drunk. However, everyone who smokes pot is a pothead. If you need an explanation of the difference, just ask and I'll break it down for you.