skinnay

Another loss for the religious right

turtlespeed

You have never seen any Atheists with this behavior?
>>>2 a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices<<<

What god or supernatural force are they believing in?

Disbelief is not a belief, no faith is not a faith.

Facts. One can say they believe water is two parts hydrogen and one part oxygen, but it can also be proven.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

RonD1120

I am trying to think of when an organized atheist group did anything other than protest something Christian.

Last week I was driving to the gym at about 7:30 and there was a massive electrical storm was approaching. A young guy was waiting for the bus which runs every 30 minutes or so. I flew by in traffic as rain drops starting hitting he windshield. I pulled over, hucked the car around and asked the guy if he wanted a ride. He ended up living about an hour out of my way (now missing my workout) but I brought him there anyway. And guess what, he was even black, the kind of people you dislike so much. On top of that, I didn't even try to convert him to atheism :D

I also have sponsored kids in several countries for the last 5 years.

So what the fuck do you do for the world again beside preach your hate? Please go back to your little enclave :D

livendive

***I am trying to think of when an organized atheist group did anything other than protest something Christian.

Most atheists feel no need to organize into a group. I have a co-worker who is really big into organized stuff. He goes to church and religous events more often than most Christians I know, specifically to, umm, reverse-evangalize or something (I don't remember what he calls it) and frequently attends speeches by renowned atheists and meetings of local atheists. He's the exception, not the rule, and I don't condone his proselytizing at religous events. As for me, my wife, my previous partners, and my atheist friends, we just don't care what gets you folks through the night. We prefer you don't try to force it on others and usually stop listening to you when you bring it up to us.

I've considered for several years starting a charity dedicated to secular assistance with minimal overhead (the details of which would be published for easy access). I have a name in mind and general ideas for the articles of incorporation and the bylaws, but for the last 12 years I've always had either two jobs or one job + school, which doesn't leave enough free time to do it properly. So instead, I donate money and time to other charities that demonstrate the same values. I evaluate them on the basis of financial performance (what percent of proceeds is spent on organizational expenses) and what fraction of energy is expended promoting a religion. My cutoffs are 10% for overhead (5% preferred) and 1% for proselytizing (0% preferred).

Blues,
Dave

Sounds like an excellent plan to me.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

jclalor

***I am trying to think of when an organized atheist group did anything other than protest something Christian.

Perhaps instead of just "thinking" you could Google it.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/05/28/1212095/-Atheist-Charity-raises-over-100k-for-Blitzer-ed-Oklahoma-Tornado-Survivor

What in the heck is the Daily Kos? It looks like an obscure communist information site.

My thought concerned the MSM. They are quick to use atheists to attack Christians. However, they have no interest in atheists otherwise. That sort of puts atheists in the category of useful idiots.

But, in reality who gives a crap about the MSM anyway?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

skinnay

Last week I was driving to the gym at about 7:30 and there was a massive electrical storm was approaching. A young guy was waiting for the bus which runs every 30 minutes or so. I flew by in traffic as rain drops starting hitting he windshield. I pulled over, hucked the car around and asked the guy if he wanted a ride. He ended up living about an hour out of my way (now missing my workout) but I brought him there anyway. And guess what, he was even black, the kind of people you dislike so much. On top of that, I didn't even try to convert him to atheism :D

I also have sponsored kids in several countries for the last 5 years.

So what the fuck do you do for the world again beside preach your hate? Please go back to your little enclave :D

I was going to say something nice to you then I read the last sentence. You hurt my feelings so bad I had to get off the internet.

RonD1120

Perhaps instead of just "thinking" you could Google it.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/05/28/1212095/-Atheist-Charity-raises-over-100k-for-Blitzer-ed-Oklahoma-Tornado-Survivor

What in the heck is the Daily Kos? It looks like an obscure communist information site.

Yep, it's the equivalent of Newsmax. Just a place for the left wingers to go and get their nutty ideas.