ChrisD

Re: [Slappie] Iceberg the size of RI??

I was speaking with some undergrads at MIT yesterday. The topic was "summer jobs." We all noticed a number of posters and flyers that were pasted and stapled to walls everywhere, litter'arly everywhere. Most universities have a policy that you need to register or at least be a student to post shit paper in the halls walls....

So without the "stamp" of approval you can tell when some "outside" agency or company has littered the walls with junk paper.

This mass posting of offers for "Summer Jobs for The Enviorment" was everywhere so the topic of disscussion was who and why were they doing this, and what can we do about it other than remove the offensive and against school policy postings?

So some of the students I spoke with decided to give the 1-800 number a call and see who and what was and is behind this.

Turns out that this work at home job consists of monitoring web sites: Blogs, forums, news stations, etc.. And then responding with: Moderate, middle of the road comments debunking global warming and other ecology minded responses. All for about 7 dollars an hour. Reminds me of religion and Judas?

Seems they install some sort of keystroke monitoring software and yo get paid for how much time yo spend cutting and pasteing "canned" responses to any "search" of topics that have the key words: Global Warming, etc.," in the phrase or similar.

Some job hu?

Seems also that the "supervisors" are trained to find individuals with a lot of time on there hands, need money, and are a bit of social outcasts....

Never mind the fact that they are also selected on thier personal views and knowledge level of issues pertaining to science. In other words lot's of buisness majors and liberal arts students are the ones that get these "desirable" jobs.

Go to any college or public place like "Harvard Square," and you will see these same ads stapled to telephone poles or posted on the walls outside popular hangouts!

Grass roots advertising, or companies with millions to spend any way they see fit? Please keep in mind that the average super bowel 20 seconds of time cost 2.5 million. That's $125,000.00 peer second!

So how much do big coal and the crotch brothers have to spend? How miuch is just one percent of their gross?

Can yo say that one percent of the conglomerated energy companies gross is over one trillion dollars?

You all need to start focusing on the cure to understand why the fat cats spend less than one percent to ensure their going to survive at the publics expense. Nothing new here, History is rife with explotation at the expense of the mindless and powerless... and gulliable....

All you have to do is count the number of posts on a subject to see who and what these Judas's are. Do a search for Global Warming, and respond only to those, move on to the next webb site...

How can some people post the amount they do, and in the same breath claim they have full time jobs?

Figure it out for yourself folks; paid advertising or public forum?

C
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

ChrisD

I was speaking with some undergrads at MIT yesterday. The topic was "summer jobs." We all noticed a number of posters and flyers that were pasted and stapled to walls everywhere, litter'arly everywhere. Most universities have a policy that you need to register or at least be a student to post shit paper in the halls walls....

So without the "stamp" of approval you can tell when some "outside" agency or company has littered the walls with junk paper.

This mass posting of offers for "Summer Jobs for The Enviorment" was everywhere so the topic of disscussion was who and why were they doing this, and what can we do about it other than remove the offensive and against school policy postings?

So some of the students I spoke with decided to give the 1-800 number a call and see who and what was and is behind this.

Turns out that this work at home job consists of monitoring web sites: Blogs, forums, news stations, etc.. And then responding with: Moderate, middle of the road comments debunking global warming and other ecology minded responses. All for about 7 dollars an hour. Reminds me of religion and Judas?

Seems they install some sort of keystroke monitoring software and yo get paid for how much time yo spend cutting and pasteing "canned" responses to any "search" of topics that have the key words: Global Warming, etc.," in the phrase or similar.

Some job hu?

Seems also that the "supervisors" are trained to find individuals with a lot of time on there hands, need money, and are a bit of social outcasts....

Never mind the fact that they are also selected on thier personal views and knowledge level of issues pertaining to science. In other words lot's of buisness majors and liberal arts students are the ones that get these "desirable" jobs.

Go to any college or public place like "Harvard Square," and you will see these same ads stapled to telephone poles or posted on the walls outside popular hangouts!

Grass roots advertising, or companies with millions to spend any way they see fit? Please keep in mind that the average super bowel 20 seconds of time cost 2.5 million. That's $125,000.00 peer second!

So how much do big coal and the crotch brothers have to spend? How miuch is just one percent of their gross?

Can yo say that one percent of the conglomerated energy companies gross is over one trillion dollars?

You all need to start focusing on the cure to understand why the fat cats spend less than one percent to ensure their going to survive at the publics expense. Nothing new here, History is rife with explotation at the expense of the mindless and powerless... and gulliable....

All you have to do is count the number of posts on a subject to see who and what these Judas's are. Do a search for Global Warming, and respond only to those, move on to the next webb site...

How can some people post the amount they do, and in the same breath claim they have full time jobs?

C

Aaaaaaaandddd...we're off to Speakers Corner, to Speakers Corner we go!!!:P

ETA: Holy thread resurrection Batman!:D
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

ChrisD

Some job hu?

C

Sweet! Social Environmental Engineering at its finest.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Known otherwise a "astroturf." Big companies spend lots of money to try to make it appear that there is a grass-roots effort to oppose whatever keeps them from making more money. They then hope that readers are too stupid to figure this out.

(See "deniers getting desperate" thread.)

rwieder

?????????????????????????????????

[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_engineering_(security)]This should clear it up for you.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

ChrisD

We all noticed a number of posters and flyers that were pasted and stapled to walls everywhere, litter'arly everywhere.

...so the topic of disscussion was who and why were they doing this, and what can we do about it other than remove the offensive...

...give the 1-800 number a call and see who and what was and is behind this.

Turns out that this work at home job consists of monitoring web sites: Blogs, forums, news stations, etc.. And then...

...cut and paste the same "customer testimonial" into all 900+/- web pages...sound familiar to anyone?

I bet dollars to donuts they got this marketing idea from our favorite skydiving scammer.
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

rwieder

I'm actually confused as to why Slappie is being replied to, and yet his post is not present in his own thread.

It is proportionally significant if you allow for the average.

rwieder

I'm actually confused as to why Slappie is being replied to, and yet his post is not present in his own thread.

This thread was originally in the Bonfire. ChrisD posted this MIT story in several threads, and this portion (not the whole thread) was moved here. I think all the other redundant posts were deleted, AFAIK.

eta: Not all of them were deleted, at least one other is still here. [:/]
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9