jclalor

Another Example of ODS

quade

***I would have said the same of Reagan or Bush(s).

Yes, but did you?

Well, the opportunity never came up, but mrowc6 never held an umbrella over me whilst in uniform, because it was verboten, so I say I would have, and if you can find a picture of it, I will.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

The only Marine is the one holding an umbrella for Obama.

I've probably spent more time in the rain, in the company of Marines than any president.

I've been apologized to for not being able to have an umbrella, I've had coats held over me, but no umbrellas.

Just sayin'
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

No question, the president should have someone hold an umbrella over him.

It should not be a Marine.

I would have said the same of Reagan or Bush(s).

Imagine the good PR a president would get for holding an umbrella over the head of a Marine one time.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

rickjump1

***No question, the president should have someone hold an umbrella over him.

It should not be a Marine.

I would have said the same of Reagan or Bush(s).

Imagine the good PR a president would get for holding an umbrella over the head of a Marine one time.

:)
eta:

Decorum wouldn't allow it, and I'm OK with that. It just shouldn't be a Marine holding the umbrella.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I was referring to Obama, you know, when they they bring the incoming POTUS up to speed on national security, nuclear launch codes, and the umbrella protocols of the various branches of the of the US military.

Really, you don't think they have a briefing for a new POTUS about protocol and procedure for dealing with Air Force, Secret Service, Marine security, and "football" carriers? You don't think after more than four years in office he should know a little bit about their roles?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

billvon

> I'm more concerned about his lack of respect for and knowledge of USMC
>tradition and regulations.

Exactly. This just isn't done; there's no precedent for a Marine to hold an umbrella for a president. Period.

I'm sorry you can't tell the difference between a United States marine and his Soviet counterpart.

I know you see a funny hat and jacket, sword, and red strip on the pants and think it must be USMC, but that's not the case. Those are Russians. The thumb down salute is a big clue if you don't know the uniform that well. The blurb in the article also mentions their country.

Honestly if you look I wouldn't be surprised if you found pictures of other presidents in both parties doing this. I doubt only Obama would do it. I just thinks it's wrong for any president.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

See the post above yours. But I will point out that the Reagan picture is Secret Service, and both Bush pictures are US Army.
witty subliminal message
1*

quade

Do you understand the difference between Secret Service, US Army, and US Marines? Can you tell Russians from US Marines? When the answer is yes, come back and comment.
witty subliminal message
1*

Really, you don't think they have a briefing for a new POTUS about protocol and procedure for dealing with Air Force, Secret Service, Marine security, and "football" carriers?

About which members of the military are allowed to carry umbrellas? No. I honestly don't think they do.

(Just think, all that time wasted becoming a constitutional scholar when the best preparation for the Presidency would have been reviewing old copies of Jane's Fighting Umbrellas[:/])
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

See the post above yours. But I will point out that the Reagan picture is Secret Service, and both Bush pictures are US Army.

Soldiers (US Army) are also prohibited from using umbrellas while in uniform. How could you not know that?

I expect the outrage to commence toot sweet.

- Dan G

Kennedy

US ARMY. Well, that's OK then.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

When I saw this circulating social media I took it as a metaphor. The Marines will always be there for the President, but he didn't provide proper support for our Libyan ambassador and security forces.

Was this portrayed as more than a metaphor and I missed it?

Andy9o8

******Stupidest.
Thread.
Ever.

Maybe not ever, but certainly in the top 10.

Actually the OP was quite reasonable. :| Everyone else was stupid. :)

I don't think the OP was reasonable. Anybody who read the original source that the stupid conclusion came to would realize that. Everything else was just knee jerk blather.