ryoder

Bloomberg Says Interpretation of Constitution Will ‘Have to Change’ After Boston Bombing

I dont know why you despise Wayna LaPierre so much.

So when you go to subway and get a bad sandwich do you secretly hate the president of subway too?

LaPierre is a simple man to figure out. Yes he doesnt portray law abiding gun owners in the best light every time but you at least know where he is coming from and you can sometimes laughably predict what he will say next.

Which to me at least makes him believable.

I dont believe obama for a millisecond.

>So when you go to subway and get a bad sandwich do you secretly hate the president
>of subway too?

Nope.

>I dont know why you despise Wayna LaPierre so much.

I could ask you the same thing. You despise Lawrence O'Donnell for blaming the NRA for the bombing. LaPierre blamed video games for the Sandy Hook tragedy - right before they released their own first person shooter video game. Why do you despise O'Donnell and not LaPierre?

>I dont believe obama for a millisecond.

But you do believe LaPierre, who gets $1 for every gun he sells.

Did I call you a "fucking moron"? Nope. Did I single you out as a toad? Nope. Like I said, let's not turn this into a soap opera unless you're so blind with rage you cannot see or control yourself.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

>So when you go to subway and get a bad sandwich do you secretly hate the president
>of subway too?

Nope.

>I dont know why you despise Wayna LaPierre so much.

I could ask you the same thing. You despise Lawrence O'Donnell for blaming the NRA for the bombing. LaPierre blamed video games for the Sandy Hook tragedy - right before they released their own first person shooter video game. Why do you despise O'Donnell and not LaPierre?

>I dont believe obama for a millisecond.

But you do believe LaPierre, who gets $1 for every gun he sells.

-----------------------------------------------------
Well lets think about this one for a few seconds...after the bombing did the NRA come out and release unjustified reports to the media that 'left wing assasins' carried out the bombing with absolutely no proof whatsoever?

How about when obama came out and said that 90% of americans believe that the new background checks are for the good of the people and shouldn't be opposed? 90% my ass.

The liberal media will use any pathetic tactics they can to convince non free thinkers do drink as much kool aid as possible without actually reporting any facts.

>.after the bombing did the NRA come out and release unjustified reports to the media
>that 'left wing assasins' carried out the bombing with absolutely no proof whatsoever?

Nope. They released unjustified reports to the media claiming that violent video games caused the shootings with absolutely no proof whatsoever.

>How about when obama came out and said that 90% of americans believe that the
>new background checks are for the good of the people and shouldn't be opposed?

=================
WaPo March 13:

Q: Would you support or oppose a law requiring background checks on people buying guns at gun shows?

All adults:
91% yes
8% no
1% no opinion

Voters:
90% yes
9% no
1% no opinion
================
February 7, 2013
Quinnipiac University National Poll Finds Support For Universal Gun Background Checks Is 92%

. . .

On gun-control, there is overwhelming 92 - 7 percent support for background checks for all gun buyers, the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University poll finds. Support for universal background checks is 91 - 8 percent among voters in a household with a gun.
==================

>90% my ass.

Sounds like you are "releasing unjustified reports" with "absolutely no proof whatsoever."

>The liberal media will use any pathetic tactics they can to convince non free
>thinkers do drink as much kool aid as possible without actually reporting any facts.

If "pathetic tactics" mean "reporting poll results" and "convincing non free thinkers to drink as much kool aid as possible" means "not putting the GOP spin on everything they report" - then yes, they'd be guilty in this case.

She said "someone like me".
Make an insulting generalization about a group, and you piss off every member of that group.
Get it yet?

pot, meet kettle. Kettle, meet pot...
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

How about when obama came out and said that 90% of americans believe that the new background checks are for the good of the people and shouldn't be opposed? 90% my ass.

Gallup Poll, January 23, 2013.

Gallup Poll, April 23, 2013.

Pretty easily checked, you know.

He's on a roll, don't confuse him with facts.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>.after the bombing did the NRA come out and release unjustified reports to the media
>that 'left wing assasins' carried out the bombing with absolutely no proof whatsoever?

Nope. They released unjustified reports to the media claiming that violent video games caused the shootings with absolutely no proof whatsoever.

>How about when obama came out and said that 90% of americans believe that the
>new background checks are for the good of the people and shouldn't be opposed?

=================
WaPo March 13:

Q: Would you support or oppose a law requiring background checks on people buying guns at gun shows?

All adults:
91% yes
8% no
1% no opinion

Voters:
90% yes
9% no
1% no opinion
================
February 7, 2013
Quinnipiac University National Poll Finds Support For Universal Gun Background Checks Is 92%

. . .

On gun-control, there is overwhelming 92 - 7 percent support for background checks for all gun buyers, the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University poll finds. Support for universal background checks is 91 - 8 percent among voters in a household with a gun.
==================

>90% my ass.

Sounds like you are "releasing unjustified reports" with "absolutely no proof whatsoever."

>The liberal media will use any pathetic tactics they can to convince non free
>thinkers do drink as much kool aid as possible without actually reporting any facts.

If "pathetic tactics" mean "reporting poll results" and "convincing non free thinkers to drink as much kool aid as possible" means "not putting the GOP spin on everything they report" - then yes, they'd be guilty in this case.

hmmm. let's see then. Maybe if they came up with a law to provide background checks, without leaving the door open to to initiate a registry, they might get it passed. As it is, they couldn't get the bill past the ACLU
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

the second one seems to be a reiteration on the first one, not a repeat poll, since it was an opinion column with no data citation. Then Bill cites another article with the exact same figure in March, which suggests that they too are repeating the same January polling result. It's possible that people have all made up their mind on this and nothing changed in 3 months. But unlikely, or the NRA isn't as powerful as you and we claim. And even then you would expect sampling variation. Far more plausible is that they liked that number and didn't want to risk it going down. Same reason I only took the SAT once.

The devil stays in the details, however. A majority of Americans don't understand what the gun show loophole is either. And that same poll showed that 67% support bans on armor piercing bullets, because they're bad, right? But I bet they don't know than nearly any rifle round is an armor piercing bullet. They see that phrase, and "cop killer" is the immediate translation.

If you ask "should all gun sales involve a criminal background check," you probably get a high response. If you instead ask, "if you want to sell your gun to a family member or a friend, should you have to submit them for a criminal background check and be documented with the feds forever" - I bet that percentage drops substantially.

Oh man do you really think a bunch of stupid polls actually make up what real americans think?

The background check proposal couldnt even pass CONGRESS. Much less the house.

Your logic is laughable with polls to boot.

>Oh man do you really think a bunch of stupid polls actually make up what real
>americans think?

Yes. That's what they do.

>The background check proposal couldnt even pass CONGRESS. Much less the house.

Got majority support in both.

He's on a roll, don't confuse him with facts.

-----------------------------------------------------
Wake me up when you give me some actual data I can believe.

>Wake me up when you give me some actual data I can believe.

You'd want FOX News then. They very carefully pre-filter the news so you won't hear anything that disagrees with your preconceptions. Rush Limbaugh and Michelle Malkin would be good sources as well.

>Oh man do you really think a bunch of stupid polls actually make up what real
>americans think?

Yes. That's what they do.

>The background check proposal couldnt even pass CONGRESS. Much less the house.

Got majority support in both.

since when does majority support constitute 90% of americans believe the same thing?

Oh man do you really think a bunch of stupid polls actually make up what real americans think?

The background check proposal couldnt even pass CONGRESS. Much less the house.

Your logic is laughable with polls to boot.

Anyone can summarily dismiss.
Instead, howzabout you rebut? As in: data.
Ball's in your court.

Explain to me exactly how that number of 90% is made up. I don't remember obama coming to my house and asking me. I don't recall anyone working for DHS calling my house and asking me about it.

Just sticking 100 democrats in a room and getting 90 of them to come to a conclusion about background checks doesn't mean that 260 million people agree with it.

This whole 90% conclusion is a complete farce. I don't care what poll you google.