airdvr

Knights a victim of the sequester?

So... Knights demos were what, free? How come they don't turn a profit out of them? If profitable, surely they should do more rather than scale back? Why should tax payers pay for a jump into NASCAR? Sure it's "advertising" the military etc but why the hell not simply charge a profitable (and no doubt therefore the going - ie, not undercutting civ teams) rate.

Screw it - get twardo to do em.

>Someone found it or we would not be talking about it now would we

A skydiver found it on Facebook.

Every single cut out there will be "found" by someone. Office Depot will be depressed that they're closing the local DMV branch office. Defense contractors will be mighty upset that they're reducing spares orders. This will hit everyone.

Which is what the GOP wanted, right? Cuts everywhere. They got it.

>Someone found it or we would not be talking about it now would we

A skydiver found it on Facebook.

Every single cut out there will be "found" by someone. Office Depot will be depressed that they're closing the local DMV branch office. Defense contractors will be mighty upset that they're reducing spares orders. This will hit everyone.

Which is what the GOP wanted, right? Cuts everywhere. They got it.

They wanted what was Obamas Idea???

:D:D:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>Screw it - get twardo to do em.

Exactly. Skydivers are quite capable of doing all the demos the Knights once did. Heck, hire old Knights and bill it that way; no one loses out.

Along those lines, skydivers are quite capable of competing at Nationals as well. No need to spend a lot of money training a military RW team when privately funded teams can do just as well.

I think both points are right.

The Golden Knights are, for the overwhelming majority of those with any concern for the U.S. military, public relations fluff worthy of cutting from the budget. We (our very small community) feel the pain because we know them and share their passion.

OTOH, I agree with the sentiment posted here that in a lot of other cases, military tuition assistance for example, the cuts have been placed to cause ire in the public rather than trim pork.

Elvisio "know a lot of pissed off servicemembers" Rodriguez

The GOP wanted to cut government spending, yes. Are you disagreeing with that now?

NO

But the way it is being done is Obamas idea

Even the WH has said this to be the case

did you see the NEWS links about the Knights?
Abraham Lincoln

Every time there are budget cuts anywhere (federal, state, local, corporate, whatever), people always bitch and weep about their favorite ox getting gored. It's just the flip side of the same coin that gives us the "NIMBY" mentality. Suck it up, people.

Make it painful

Make it visible

Obama admin at work

I'm sure the White House has time to decide which part of which program to cut. Sure.

Seems that it is:o

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/carney-white-house-cancelled-tours_707565.html

Visible and painful
Abraham Lincoln

>OTOH, I agree with the sentiment posted here that in a lot of other cases, military
>tuition assistance for example, the cuts have been placed to cause ire in the public
>rather than trim pork.

I don't think 'trim pork' was ever the objective, nor was that stated in the sequester language. It was cut everything, across the board - which means that everything, high and low visibility, gets cut. If tuition assistance was spared but the F-35 was cut, that would go contrary to the language of the sequester bill.

(BTW isn't the usual meme "cut fat not meat?")

>> Are you disagreeing with that now?

>NO

Cool! They got what they wanted.

Yes, Obama did

Visible and painful

Another created crisis

BTW, do you need more news links???
Abraham Lincoln

>Visible and painful . . . Another created crisis

Yep. Created when lawmakers could not avoid the sequester - and it became law.

Because the WH does not compromise on anything

Obamas plag to get what HE wanted backfired

BTW

I still like the sequester and I give Obama credit for it

Still did not answer

You need anymore news links?
Abraham Lincoln

>Because the WH does not compromise on anything

Nor does the GOP. Which is why the sequester went into effect.

Which is a good thing

Uless one side uses it as political bull shit

Which the WH is doing
Abraham Lincoln

... the cuts have been placed to cause ire in the public rather than trim pork.

Elvisio "know a lot of pissed off servicemembers" Rodriguez

This does seem to be the case. It's subjective, but the cuts I'm hearing about seem to be very much public facing and I can see where this works to the benefit of the administration and others.

Specific to this particular cut, "fat vs. meat". I'm not sure if the Knights see any revenue from their demos or what exactly it cost them to do one, but I'm willing to bet it costs more than if it was a private demo team. That said, I see PR value in the Knights demos.

Where I do not see value is in military groups that shit can gear that is perfectly usable or will have a Skyvan for the day and only sending up two jumpers per load.

I've had the chance to talk with military jumpers on a number of occasions regarding this "fat". They have all told me it's waste in their eyes as well, but they "have" to spend all of their budget if they want the same level of funding the next year.

It's really BS to be playing politics with these cuts. It does absolutely nothing to address the fundamental flaws in government spending.

Personally, I would like to see even more cuts so that people will be forced to stop playing politics and start getting real about creating efficiencies and really addressing the issue at hand...the government wastes too much money and has absolutely ZERO interest in curbing that behavior.

In all fairness, this is NOT a partisan issue. Both sides seem to absolutely love it when they are the ones in charge of holding the credit card.

Can any partisan honestly say they see any "change" from the status quo on the horizon from their "party"?

".... And if the Party adopts a decision which one or other of us thinks unjust, he will say, just or unjust, it is my party, and I shall support the consequences of the decision to the end.":SB|[:/]

It's really BS to be playing politics with these cuts.

Though I think it's more realistic if the cartoon had BO, a donkey AND an elephant all screaming

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

On FB this morning...

It is with the utmost regret, that we have been officially informed that we, the Golden Knights, will not be performing any jump demonstrations for the remainder of the fiscal year. While it is unclear when the demonstrations will resume, we will continue training to maintain required credentials and certifications to ensure the team is ready for future operations.

You know what this means??? Civilian jump teams like Liberty Parachute Team and others can reclaim the high profile demos like at the Nascar race tracks. :P

Indeed! :D

...anybody know what the current Knight budget is?

Several years ago Pat Moorehead was quoting something in the 25 million annually range...curious to know what it is these dayZ?!

And someone asked if the knights were 'free'...no they are not, IIRC they get rooms, cars, and a daily allowance per man from the show. That tends to put the 'cost' at or above what a civilian team might charge, but with the Knights you get more people, they bring in an jump platform, have a great show & have the recognized name...which i$ a draw at the gate.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

So... Knights demos were what, free? How come they don't turn a profit out of them? If profitable, surely they should do more rather than scale back? Why should tax payers pay for a jump into NASCAR? Sure it's "advertising" the military etc but why the hell not simply charge a profitable (and no doubt therefore the going - ie, not undercutting civ teams) rate.

Screw it - get twardo to do em.

I'D LOVE TO! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~