Iago

DHS internal checkpoints

I recall going through one of those north of El Paso, TX on my way to Las Cruces, NM. Middle of nowhere, no traffic, no anything. And all of a sudden a hut with a barricade and a helicopter hovering overhead. It was really no different than passing through the 'regular' border crossing, although a bit unexpected.

The checkpoint is North of Las Cruses, South of T or C.

just sayin'

Everyone knows where they are, I thought. It takes about 1:50th the amount of time as the Juarez to El Paso crossing, mostly due to the massive amount of people crossing supposedly legally every day.

BTW, the crossing is just as bad (south) in the evening, so I guess most of them actually do go home. [:/]:P

Ah, that would explain it. I DID take a wrong turn at Albuquerque!

:ph34r::ph34r:

But you have to understand, mental illness is like cholesterol. There is the good kind and the bad. Without the good kind- less flavor to life. - Serge A. Storms

I recall going through one of those north of El Paso, TX on my way to Las Cruces, NM. Middle of nowhere, no traffic, no anything. And all of a sudden a hut with a barricade and a helicopter hovering overhead. It was really no different than passing through the 'regular' border crossing, although a bit unexpected.

just sayin'

Everyone knows where they are, I thought. It takes about 1:50th the amount of time as the Juarez to El Paso crossing, mostly due to the massive amount of people crossing supposedly legally every day.

BTW, the crossing is just as bad (south) in the evening, so I guess most of them actually do go home. [:/]:P

:S [puzzled]

Which direction were you headed? :P
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

just sayin'

:S [puzzled]

Which direction were you headed? :P

This one

But you have to understand, mental illness is like cholesterol. There is the good kind and the bad. Without the good kind- less flavor to life. - Serge A. Storms

There was one north of Las Cruces too, on the way to Alamogordo, not far from White Sands National Monument.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

There must billions in US currency flowing south for the cartel coffers. I'm surprised there's not more checking southbound. I also surprised there's not more robberies.... hmmmmmm imagine posing as border agents and hitting those southbounders carrying hundred of thousands in cash stuffed in their pants and in the trunk to pay bribes along the way...

Thats a really interesting one. I refuse to visit the USA anymore after DHS 'secondary interrogation' and federal security harassment last time I visited the country on business so I have sympathy with the people being stopped. HOWEVER, the funny thing is that I bet if asked the majority of people in the cars bitch about illegal immigrants. But then why the hell should they show that their papers are in order. Looks to me like just another example of how the country has and is sliding into a fascist state.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Thats a really interesting one. I refuse to visit the USA anymore after DHS 'secondary interrogation' and federal security harassment last time I visited the country on business so I have sympathy with the people being stopped. HOWEVER, the funny thing is that I bet if asked the majority of people in the cars bitch about illegal immigrants. But then why the hell should they show that their papers are in order. Looks to me like just another example of how the country has and is sliding into a fascist state.

If it makes you feel any better, history has shown that it ebbs and flows.
Once I finish that time machine I'm building in my garage, come with me back to Mississippi in 1955. They'll show you some mighty interesting hospitality.

"What's yer name, boy?"
"Jamile."
" Get the rope."

There was one north of Las Cruces too, on the way to Alamogordo, not far from White Sands National Monument.

My buddy is the DZO of white sands. Him and some staff got some special attention this last week at that checkpoint....they were not pleased.