wayneflorida

IRS Warns Employers: Do Not Try to Avoid ObamaCare Insurance Mandate

Don't get creative with employees.

More complexity to our federal tax code.

It's for the children.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/irs-warns-employers-do-not-try-avoid-obamacare-insurance-mandate

It might be cheaper to pay fines than to provide the insurance. Numbers are not quite worked out yet especially with gov't cost sharing via the Exchanges.

It might be cheaper to pay fines than to provide the insurance. Numbers are not quite worked out yet especially with gov't cost sharing via the Exchanges.

You're not going to know how much it costs until you vote it in ummm...buy it.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I'm rather confused. When did the IRS become a general purpose law enforcement agency? I understand when they pursue tax evasion and such. When did they become the health department?

Next, we need to give the Surgeon General's Office enforcement capacity. Get rid of the 'Recommended' nonsense in USRDA. Make that stuff mandatory. And exercise? Mandatory. No more warnings on cigarettes or alcohol. They get banned outright. Let's quit playing games. If the government is going to be responsible for the care of your body, let's get serious.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I'm rather confused. When did the IRS become a general purpose law enforcement agency? I understand when they pursue tax evasion and such. When did they become the health department?

Next, we need to give the Surgeon General's Office enforcement capacity. Get rid of the 'Recommended' nonsense in USRDA. Make that stuff mandatory. And exercise? Mandatory. No more warnings on cigarettes or alcohol. They get banned outright. Let's quit playing games. If the government is going to be responsible for the care of your body, let's get serious.

I would go further. All food would be served in Government mess halls. You get on scales and your portion is figured by the Government.

Stalin did something like this in the 30's. Ask the Urkrainians how it worked out.

Like it or not the insurance mandate was justified under the power to tax (by the Supreme Court). Avoiding the mandate could be evading the tax statutes. The IRS seems to be the right agency to pursue that.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Hi dav,

When did the IRS become a general purpose law enforcement agency?

I do not think that it is law enforcement. It is money collection.

I was in the service with a guy who brother-in-law ( yea, yea I know :P ) had re-enlisted for a 4-yr hitch. He got booted out and the feds took his federal tax refund to repay his re-enlistment bonus.

When uncle wants his money, he gets it.

JerryBaumchen