CSpenceFLY

Ammendment to The Constitution of the United States

Having spent some time with these people, it seems to me that one year of every term is spent doing absolutely nothing but running for the next term. We need to have 4 year terms for Congress with a limit of 2. Then they should have to live on Social Security and whatever pension they put away, or another job, like the rest of us do.

You all need to understand that implementing term limits does not change this. It actually makes the problem worse.

California, like so many states, has limits on their state legislatures, and city governments like San Francisco have done the same. All of these were passed in the 90s when term limits was the solution to our problems.

What happens is that people jump from job to job - Mayor, supervisor, state senator, state assemblyman, treasurer, AG, etc. So yes, you've taken away their incumbency advantage, but the consequence is that now they absolutely refuse to make a decision that is contrary to their party (and lose support) or to any significant voter block. This directly lead to a state government in Sacramento that was divided and incapable of compromise. There's no value in establishing relationships with the opposition leadership who will be gone in the next term anyway.

Amendments I'd like to see?

(1) Repeal the 16th Amendment (Income Tax);

And replace with what or how?

(2) Repeal the 17th Amendment (Direct Election of Senators by Popular Vote)

This repealed or Direct Election of the President by Popular Vote?

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Id be more inclined to bring bill back than to live in a country ran by hillary.

..or whatshisname currently screwing us.

Saying his name leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Saying Clinton's name leaves a bad taste in Monica's mouth.
So, you're telling us you've been blowing Obama? Alrighty, then...and I thought you didn't like the guy.:P:D:D

Don