RonD1120

More on BHO & Benghazi

The obvious difference is that most of President Reagan's fans and supporters weren't on welfare.

You think the majority of people who voted for Obama are on welfare?

Did you vote for BHO?

I voted for bHo, and I've worked for everything I've had in my life since I was young, without ever getting any "free stuff" from the government.

Make that two of us.

I arrived in the USA with $3000, and a rig. Worked in a mail room, then landscaping, then into my career field - never once took a government hand out.

Now own 2 houses, my family doesn't want for anything (thankfully), have nice toys, etc.

But then again, apparently, I'm just lazy and want free stuff too.....

Ian

As it should be for anyone in this country. I'm glad you had parents who instilled that work ethic. Many parents here don't bother.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Thank you, not a day goes by that I don't realize how lucky I am that my parents instilled that in me. I hope, and am trying, to do the same for my daughter.

Thing is, I'm not some unusual story - a lot of people have it far worse (and I don't think I had it bad at all, just had to work hard) and do far better.

So I'm sure you can understand how a lot of us don't particularly take kindly to the 'lazy' and 'taker of free stuff' comments. I won't disagree that there is a segment of the BHO voters who are moochers - but that's not specific to BHO IMO, that's just a people thing, they just mooch in a different way.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Thank you, not a day goes by that I don't realize how lucky I am that my parents instilled that in me. I hope, and am trying, to do the same for my daughter.

Thing is, I'm not some unusual story - a lot of people have it far worse (and I don't think I had it bad at all, just had to work hard) and do far better.

So I'm sure you can understand how a lot of us don't particularly take kindly to the 'lazy' and 'taker of free stuff' comments. I won't disagree that there is a segment of the BHO voters who are moochers - but that's not specific to BHO IMO, that's just a people thing, they just mooch in a different way.

Blues,
Ian

It certainly seems that the "moocher" meme has backfired badly against the Republicans, yet many of them continue to pursue it. Isn't there a definition of insanity that applies here?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

No, the backers of BHO are either moochers or ignorant. Neither category is very pleasant to be around for extended periods.

The election is over and the die has been cast. Right Wing/Libertarian/Conservatives will now plan and prepare. I suspect unreported income and cheating on income tax will become well trod paths to survival.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

No, the backers of BHO are either moochers or ignorant. Neither category is very pleasant to be around for extended periods. .

What a convenient broad brush with which to summarily dismiss 50% of the people. Either Category A, or catch-all Category B.

I don't expect you to listen - not to me, but to, say, Bobby Jindal, Meghan McCain, Chris Christie and Christie Whitman - who are telling you and your cohort in no uncertain terms: the GOP must appeal to all of the people, not just half of them, and you are self-marginalizing. The GOP pendulum is swinging back to the center, and emulating Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum will leave you an outlier in your own party, hunkered down in your cabin*, wallowing in your own irrelevance.

* until the BATF comes to get you

No, the backers of BHO are either moochers or ignorant. Neither category is very pleasant to be around for extended periods. .

What a convenient broad brush with which to summarily dismiss 50% of the people. Either Category A, or catch-all Category B.

I don't expect you to listen - not to me, but to, say, Bobby Jindal, Meghan McCain, Chris Christie and Christie Whitman - who are telling you and your cohort in no uncertain terms: the GOP must appeal to all of the people, not just half of them, and you are self-marginalizing. The GOP pendulum is swinging back to the center, and emulating Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum will leave you an outlier in your own party, hunkered down in your cabin*, wallowing in your own irrelevance.

What percentage of the vote did Obama get?
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

What percentage of the vote did Obama get?

Way to ignore the point.

>No, the backers of BHO are either moochers or ignorant. Neither category is
>very pleasant to be around for extended periods.

Given that you are one of those people mooching off the government, you would know.

>The election is over and the die has been cast. Right Wing/Libertarian/Conservatives
>will now plan and prepare. I suspect unreported income and cheating on income tax
>will become well trod paths to survival.

Sounds like a great plan for the next election!

"Vote for us! We despise you, but at least we're dishonest."

No, the backers of BHO are either moochers or ignorant.

I'm neither; I'm mathematically literate. I understand that supply side economic policy is not mathematically sound, nor is there any mathematical reason to suggest supply side economic policy might work better than demand side economic policy. As long as the Republican party continues promoting such short-sighted, ineffective economic policies, I'll continue voting against them each election day. (Of course, that's isn't the only platform plank of the Republican party I disagree with, but it is certainly a deal breaker.)

Perhaps your belief that those who voted for President Obama are either ignorant or moochers is a manifestation of the Dunning-Kruger effect.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Romney supporters sign the checks on the front.

Obama supporters sign the checks on the back.

And ya, I did just say that.

If it helps you sleep at night, keep believing that. It won't make it true, though.

If it helps you sleep at night, keep believing that. It won't make it true, though.

Says the man living in a state where the large minority just voted a massive tax increase on the small minority.

But hey, whatever makes you sleep at night.....

You do realize that blue states tend to subsidize red states, right? I guess those conservatives aren't signing the side of the check you thought they were signing.

As long as Republicans keep up with the "moocher" meme they will keep losing elections. Fortunately the more intelligent ones, like Jindal and Christie, are realizing that.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Says the man living in a state where the large minority just voted a massive tax increase on the small minority.

You do realize that blue states tend to subsidize red states, right? I guess those conservatives aren't signing the side of the check you thought they were signing.

And yet you vote for taxes you dont have to pay.....

Tsk tsk.

There wasn't a tax issue on the ballot I cast. And I'm pretty sure I don't live where you think I live.

I did vote for the presidential candidate who recognizes that the country cannot afford the Bush tax cuts and that supply-side economic policy does not promote economic growth (nor is there any reason to expect that it would).

And yet you vote for taxes you dont have to pay.....

Tsk tsk.

There wasn't a tax issue on the ballot I cast. And I'm pretty sure I don't live where you think I live.

I did vote for the presidential candidate who recognizes that the country cannot afford the Bush tax cuts and that supply-side economic policy does not promote economic growth (nor is there any reason to expect that it would).

Same cuts the POTUS has extended, and says can still be extended, with a small exception or not, maybe?

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

A total repeal of the tax cuts? Im fine with that.

A selective repeal? Nope... catering to the gimmies.

How about you?

A selective appeal is better for the economy and the country. The rich can afford higher taxes much more easily than the poor and middle class. Because of this, raising taxes on the rich will reduce the deficit without significantly reducing economic activity. Raising taxes on the poor and middle class will reduce economic activity of those groups to a much greater degree.

Money naturally flows from the poor to the rich, so any benefits received by the poor and middle class will ultimately be beneficial to the rich.

Same cuts the POTUS has extended, and says can still be extended, with a small exception or not, maybe?

If you look back to the debate of the issue, you'll see that President Obama was extremely reluctant to extend the tax cuts on the rich, as he knew that doing so would only slow down the recovery. Unfortunately, not extending them for the poor and middle class was not an option, since that would also slow the recovery.

I made it a point a long time ago not to vote for or against a tax that I do not have to pay. I abstain.

Interesting. Personally, I vote for what is best for my country, regardless of how it affects me personally. I guess I took Aristotle's advice to heart.

I made it a point a long time ago not to vote for or against a tax that I do not have to pay. I abstain.

Interesting. Personally, I vote for what is best for my country, regardless of how it affects me personally. I guess I took Aristotle's advice to heart.

No, I don't vote to take money out of my neighbors pocket if I am not having to pay it out of mine. Vote a 20 mil increase in property tax to pay for some library we don't need? Hmmm..... let's see. Do I own property? No. Do I pay the tax increase? NO. Do I vote on the issue? NO. If the property owners want to vote to pay it, that's up to them.

You apparently don't have a problem voting for the same.

As a citizen, I have the right and responsibility to have a say in such matters. Even if my neighbor makes more money than me, my share in this country, including this country's revenue, is equal to his. If it is my country's (or state's, county's, or city's, depending on the scope of the election) best interest to raise my neighbor's taxes without raising mine (or raising mine while lowering his), I'm going to vote to make it happen. I would be remiss in my responsibility as a citizen if I didn't.

One need not actually own property in order to pay property taxes. Such costs are almost always passed along to renters, so a rate increase affects them, also.

some library we don't need?

Thank you so much for perpetuating the caricature. It's like a gift. This is why the GOP is losing.

I haven't voted GOP in ten years (at least).

OK, well, given:

[Iago] Romney supporters sign the checks on the front.

... you'll for give me if I made that ASSumption. ;)

I wonder how much longer we will have to endure the left wingers mantra of "see..see.. That's why Republicans lost the election". I mean really, give it a freakin rest. Democrats lose elections and Republicans lose elections. It's really childish and ignorant to seize on every disagreement and say that's why the other party lost.