regulator

A change of mind

What about Biden telling black people that the right wanted to "put y'all back in chains"? Straight from his mouth?

Not sure how that's an attack on Romney's person. It's out of line, but not a personal attack. It's akin to the right saying that Obama hates your success and want's to punish people for doing well. It's not true, but not a personal attack.

How do you know its not true? And before you go ballistic on me I'm just kidding. :ph34r:

Are you Buzz Bissinger, or was this meant to be a quote?

----------------------------------
Theres a URL at the bottom of the original post linked to the article.

Yeah, I saw that, but not until I had read about half-way through the post thinking that you had written it. Oh well, at least you're somewhat better than Joe Biden at citing your sources. :P

And to comment on the OP, I think it's already been said: If one debate is going to have so much impact on a person's vote, then it makes sense to watch the rest of the debates before making a decision.

What about Biden telling black people that the right wanted to "put y'all back in chains"? Straight from his mouth?

Not sure how that's an attack on Romney's person. It's out of line, but not a personal attack. It's akin to the right saying that Obama hates your success and want's to punish people for doing well. It's not true, but not a personal attack.

That is something we will have to disagree on. Saying someone hates your success and telling people that the right (Romney/Ryan) want to go back to slavery is very different in my mind.

You are correct, Rstanley
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Hi rocket,

That's kinda my point. I know people who will never, ever vote for Romney. Debates be damned.

Are you saying that I should base my vote for POTUS based upon a poorly controlled 'debate' and not the entirety of the previous campaign?

I sure would hope not.

JerryBaumchen

PS) IMO Jim Lehrer should never be allowed to 'moderate' a debate again. >:(

Hi rocket,

That's kinda my point. I know people who will never, ever vote for Romney. Debates be damned.

Are you saying that I should base my vote for POTUS based upon a poorly controlled 'debate' and not the entirety of the previous campaign?

I sure would hope not.

JerryBaumchen

PS) IMO Jim Lehrer should never be allowed to 'moderate' a debate again. >:(

It is funny that most on the left did not like Lehrer's performance as moderator. I think he did great. The moderator is supposed to let the debate happen and keep it happening. They are NOT supposed to interfere. What we saw was a true debate that allowed the candidates to show what they stand for.... sorry if you think that is bad. On another note... Obama spoke more than Romney did but it didn't seem that way did it?
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

It is funny that most on the left did not like Lehrer's performance as moderator. I think he did great. The moderator is supposed to let the debate happen and keep it happening. They are NOT supposed to interfere. What we saw was a true debate that allowed the candidates to show what they stand for.... sorry if you think that is bad. On another note... Obama spoke more than Romney did but it didn't seem that way did it?

I agree with you, and I'm no fan of Romney. Under the rules of the debate, Lehrer's role was supposed to be quite limited. It was up to Obama, not Lehrer, to challenge Romney's sudden changes of policy and even outright lies, and for whatever reason Obama didn't do that, or at least wasn't at all effective. There were so many points in the evening where I was sure some Romney statement would draw an energized response, but it was not to be. Inexplicable. When Romney said Big Bird has got to go, I was just waiting for Obama to make some crack about Big Bird being part of the 47%, but he just looked at his shoes or something.

Saturday Night Live did a decent job of skewering the debate. I love how they have Romney claiming he killed bin Laden, and Obama barely responds.

Don

Hi 0312,

It is funny that most on the left did not like Lehrer's performance as moderator. I think he did great.

IMO those on one side liked the debate & those on the other side did not. Such is life.

I believe in what SSgt Don A. Willocks taught me, back in 1960, in Basic Training: "If you don't like the rules, don't play the game.'

IMO Lehrer did not enforce the rules as stated, by him, at the beginning. I can assure you I would have. :P

I also doubt that his enforcing the rules would have changed the outcome.

It is now a real horserace; for good or bad.

JerryBaumchen

Hi 0312,

It is funny that most on the left did not like Lehrer's performance as moderator. I think he did great.

IMO those on one side liked the debate & those on the other side did not. Such is life.

I believe in what SSgt Don A. Willocks taught me, back in 1960, in Basic Training: "If you don't like the rules, don't play the game.'

IMO Lehrer did not enforce the rules as stated, by him, at the beginning. I can assure you I would have. :P

I also doubt that his enforcing the rules would have changed the outcome.

It is now a real horserace; for good or bad.

JerryBaumchen

Jerry,

I will agree that there were rules he did not enforce. I do not remember watching a debate when time rules really were enforced though. :P Overall I think the debate went well and not because my guy slaughtered the other guy. I like a good debate when the people involved can really go after the issues and the opposing view. Just my $0.02 ;) From here on out I think the debates will be lame. The VP debate will be interesting.... especially when the moderator had Obama as a guest at her wedding. :S
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

I agree. However, my problem is that anyone who believes that we can continue with Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security and Debt Servicing (just those) as they are and pay for it with revenues over the next DECADE is in cloud cuckoo land. Take those issues and forget about Defense or anything else. They are the big dogs now and will be the big dogs in the future. And thinking that one will be able to balance the budget even by not providing a penny to defense spending is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Why would we forget about defense? Defense is also one of the big dogs.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

I agree. However, my problem is that anyone who believes that we can continue with Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security and Debt Servicing (just those) as they are and pay for it with revenues over the next DECADE is in cloud cuckoo land. Take those issues and forget about Defense or anything else. They are the big dogs now and will be the big dogs in the future. And thinking that one will be able to balance the budget even by not providing a penny to defense spending is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Indeed, 20% of federal budget, same as Social Security.

www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=1258

Even more if you consider programs for veterans.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Indeed, 20% of federal budget, same as Social Security.

www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=1258

Even more if you consider programs for veterans.

The difference, of course, is that social security and medicare are bringing in revenue through payroll taxes. Obviously the programs will have to be modified so they are self sustaining, and one might debate the philosophy of having them at all, but to treat them like other programs that don't bring in any revenue disingenuous.

Don