shah269

I'll have a Romney

accept your defeat...

Yeah you found some "tokens" and a few performers.
that' hardly qualifies.
but really the gop needs to work on being more inclusive than exclusive. it's just a better place to be!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Have you found anything that says black people cannot be included in the gop? Is that not their decision to make? Seems like most don't want to be in it for whatever reason they have. Nothing exclusive about it. As a nerdy tech guy, you know better than that.
"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

Have you found anything that says black people cannot be included in the gop?

Well there is nothing in the bylaws of the KKK that says people of color can't come to their meetings but you don't see any of my Latino friends showing up.

Maybe just maybe this should be a hint to the GOP that they need to diversify their approach to governance which was more embracing of other cultures other than WASPs and Tea Baggers.

If you ask me the gop is cutting off it's nose to spite it's face. The Latino vote should be their vote but they seem to fuck it up over and over and over again! Which I have to admit is slightly more funny than jellocrats not being able to do shit!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

As long as the gop stands for secure borders and "get up off your ass and work for what you got" mentality then it will never have a huge hispanic or black vote imo. So change your stance on everything you believe in to make other groups happy? I'd rather see politicians stand up for what they believe in, republican or not.

It would be really interesting if the gop candidate was black and the current democrat president was white. I wonder what would happen to voter tendencies.
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

As long as the gop stands for secure borders and "get up off your ass and work for what you got" mentality then it will never have a huge hispanic or black vote imo.

Wow. So you do believe blacks are lazy, but you don't believe there is any racism is America?

- Dan G

When did I say there was no racism in America? That would be a pretty arrogant statement. I have said that it is worse in some areas, and that people like Al Sharpton make it much worse.

I never said all blacks are lazy. Nor are all whites. My best professor in college was a very successful and intelligent black man. But statistically judging by the welfare numbers you have ignored, it is the more common scenario yes.

Why is it so incredibly ridiculous to you to believe that someone should have to work for a living?
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

Why is it so incredibly ridiculous to you to believe that someone should have to work for a living?

I do think people should have to work for a living. I've never said otherwise, nor implied it.

You, on the other hand, have just confirmed that you think blacks, on average, are lazy. That is a racist sentiment. It's pretty much the definition of racism. I think one of the reasons the GOP has trouble attracting blacks is because some of their members, like you, think that whites are inherently better. It seems obvious that blacks would not want to be associated with that.

- Dan G

Im not racist nor am I republican. I think the political structure is a joke. I agree with viewpoints from both parties and vote for the candidate that I believe will help the country the most. You sure make a lot of accusations out of thin air.

You keep dodging the facts. Why does the black community have an overwhelming majority of the welfare cake per capita? I think a lot of white people are lazy too including the guy sitting next to me right now. Oh shit I'm racist against white folk! Grab yer pitchforks and hang the noose!

I know the definition of racism and it is NOT saying that the facts show that the majority of welfare by population is dominated by a certain group. Thats not discrimination, thats a solid fact.

"Whites are inherently better." Care to show me where I said that? Man I knew you were good at manipulating the words you read from other guys here, but I underestimated your level of ignorance. Bravo.
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

So, consider that white/caucasian compose 72.4% of the populace of the US, Black/African Americans are 12.6% of the population, and Hispanic/Latino are 16.3%...the percentages in your post no longer seem quite as telling as you presented. I think it is a pretty fair assessment that there are [B] more minorities on food stamps per capita than caucasian/white individuals, but then again, I'm not a statistician.

That's a fair claim but it was not the original claim:

Is it racist to claim that a majority of the welfare food stamp folk are black?

The majority are not.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Im not racist nor am I republican.

Um, the thread is about blacks in the GOP. And, by your very statements you admit to racist attitudes. I was very careful not to say you are a racist, but you hold at least one racist opinion. See below:

As long as the gop stands for secure borders and "get up off your ass and work for what you got" mentality then it will never have a huge hispanic or black vote imo.

"Whites are inherently better." Care to show me where I said that?

Saying that blacks won't join the GOP because the GOP believes in hard work implies you think blacks, on average, don't believe in hard work as much as whites. That is logically equivalent to saying whites are better than blacks, assuming that believing in hard work is taken to be a good trait.

- Dan G

In my opinion being racist means I discriminate against a race. I don't personally discriminate against any race. I don't see a black or hispanic person and think anything less of them. I think everyone should be entitled to the same rights and opportunities. I do comment what the numbers show however. Take that how you like. Calling me racist because that's how you interpret what I say is pretty naive though.

If everything I say is wrong, explain to me please why the numbers are the way they are. Yes I know racism exists and some black people are given less opportunities, but not to this extent.

Your logic does not add up. Having a good trait does not determine if you are superior to someone else.
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

>If everything I say is wrong, explain to me please why the numbers are the way they are.

I think you're confusing two different things here. One are the numbers (which are facts) the other is the conclusions you draw from them (which are opinion.)

For example, someone could point to the fact that democratic states have higher average income than republican states, and that red states get more in federal taxes than they pay. They could then conclude that democrats attract successful businessmen and that republicans attract people who want federal welfare - and that conclusion would be just as accurate.

When you have to redefine terms, like "racism" and "superior" in order to make your point, you may have a problem.

What? I redefined racism? It seems like a pretty straightforward definition and the dictionary agrees.

What? I redefined superior? The definition sure doesn't say anything about "having one good physical trait over another human being."

I was only correcting your off-the-wall definitions you imposed on me.
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

democrats attract successful businessmen and that republicans attract people who want federal welfare - and that conclusion would be just as accurate.

Well we do have this industrial north with all of these great universities and not to mention killer pizza!

>If everything I say is wrong, explain to me please why the numbers are the way they are.

I think you're confusing two different things here. One are the numbers (which are facts) the other is the conclusions you draw from them (which are opinion.)

For example, someone could point to the fact that democratic states have higher average income than republican states, and that red states get more in federal taxes than they pay. They could then conclude that democrats attract successful businessmen and that republicans attract people who want federal welfare - and that conclusion would be just as accurate.

Ok so despite the numbers, you are saying that the black community as a whole is more likely to have stable careers and the white community as a whole is more likely to accept welfare instead? It's entirely possible I admit that. Maybe it's that way everywhere else in the country but it's definitely not that way around here. In fact I've walked into bars a few times after work in business clothes and get the usual "stupid white boy has to work for his money" comments. Maybe kansas is just rare!
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

Racsim is not:

In my opinion being racist means I discriminate against a race.

Racism does not require action. The person who hates blacks for being black (not saying this is you) but still hires them because he is required to is still a racist. Racism is believing that one race is better than another. You have stated you think whites believe in hard work, while blacks are lazy (on average). That is a racist opinion.

What? I redefined superior? The definition sure doesn't say anything about "having one good physical trait over another human being."

If one thing is better than another thing, it is superior. That's what superior means. It doesn't have to be superior in every way. If it is otherwise equal, but has one trait that is better, then it is superior. I'mnot sure how else to define the word.

- Dan G

I do not believe one race is superior to another at all. I said based on the numbers I've seen, the trend points to the black community being more prone to accept welfare. If being superior was judged only on apparent desire to work hard, then maybe possibly, but there are far more traits needed. There are black people who have done things for this country that no white man could. And for that, neither race will be superior to the other imo.

I want to ask you then, why do you think the white community and black community share roughly the same amount of welfare, but the black community is so much smaller in population? What is your reasoning for that?
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

accept your defeat...

Yeah you found some "tokens" and a few performers.
that' hardly qualifies.

I satisfied your qualifications...

but really the gop needs to work on being more inclusive than exclusive. it's just a better place to be!

If you really care than stop posting all this stupid shit...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I want to ask you then, why do you think the white community and black community share roughly the same amount of welfare, but the black community is so much smaller in population? What is your reasoning for that?

Mostly history. Personal history, not national. As someone once said, "Where you end up mostly depends on where you start."

- Dan G

Racism does not require action. The person who hates blacks for being black (not saying this is you) but still hires them because he is required to is still a racist. Racism is believing that one race is better than another. You have stated you think whites believe in hard work, while blacks are lazy (on average). That is a racist opinion.

Racism without action is an opinion. I believe anyone is entitled to their opinion, regardless of what it is. No one is required to like, love, adore, or glorify any race, creed, color or national origin. What they are required to do is treat them without discrimination, and that's all anyone can be held to.

No one has the right to dictate what my opinions must be. In attempting to do so, that person has determined that his opinion is superior to mine and I should conform to his way of thinking.

My actions, however, are governed in law and it is my actions that I am perfectly willing to be held accountable for. If I don't like people of "X" race, and hire them only because it is the law, provide them with equal pay and benefits, equal opportunities, equal treatment, and equal respect, then why is my personal, private opinion of any consequence?

To finish, I should note that both of my parents were from the south, and were without a doubt very racially biased. I grew up in Detroit, and I realized fairly early on that my parents had their opinion about race, and that I didn't agree with their opinion.

So I don't hate/discriminate against any race, creed, color, or national origin.

Now if we're talking stupid people......
I live with fear and terror, but sometimes I leave her and go skydiving.

Racism is a belief. Opinion, if you will.

Discrimination is an action.

You can be a racist and not discriminate. Just like you can be horny and not fornicate. Just because you're not doing it, doesn't mean you don't want to.

- Dan G