SkydiveJonathan

Minimum Wage

The public is overwhelmingly behind the increase. This June, a Zogby Analytics survey of likely voters found seven out of 10 supporting a raise above $10 an hour (including 54 percent of Republicans). Notably, 71 percent of young people (18-23 years old) favored it. Likewise, last November's "American Values Survey" by the Public Religion Research Institute shows two-thirds of Americans in favor of a $10-per-hour minimum.

I'll take that as a "no".

That's a large majority for yes.

The public is overwhelmingly behind the increase. This June, a Zogby Analytics survey of likely voters found seven out of 10 supporting a raise above $10 an hour (including 54 percent of Republicans). Notably, 71 percent of young people (18-23 years old) favored it. Likewise, last November's "American Values Survey" by the Public Religion Research Institute shows two-thirds of Americans in favor of a $10-per-hour minimum.

I'll take that as a "no".

That's a large majority for yes.

I'm not quite sure how to respond to that so ......

>3 times on this page you replied to a direct question with drivel and doublespeak.

All 3 replies were cut and pastes from Alternet. FYI.

Standard Dreamdancer debating techniques.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Numerous in-depth studies show that hiking the wage does not cause either small businesses or giants like McDonald's to rush out and slash their workforce in order to offset the relatively small cost of paying employees a bit better. To the contrary, most studies show that overall job numbers go up. Moreover, pay hikes boost both employee morale and productivity, while reducing the number of workers quitting (thus saving employers big bucks on recruiting and training replacements).

But they didn't go out and hire more employees?

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

>3 times on this page you replied to a direct question with drivel and doublespeak.

And yet, he still gets to use his multiple accounts to do this over and over.
:S

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

And yet, he still gets to use his multiple accounts to do this over and over.
:S

Matt

Replying is a bit like tossing a farthing at a roaming clown, that's all he really wants, you don't expect much in return, and it makes for disposable entertainment that comes in high volume if multiple people are chipping in. No reason for the authorities to step in unless the dance gets rowdy.

More on topic... I worked a part time job while I was in high school (20-30 hrs/wk) and was only paid minimum wage for the first month. At that point I was given a raise, and they continued to keep my wage at parity with what other local places would be willing to offer because apparently I was worth keeping around. I'm not sure what it would say about the argument if the reason so few minimum wage jobs belonged to part-time teen workers was because they work harder than full-time unskilled laborers and get paid more.