wayneflorida

Nurse refuses student inhaler during asthma attack

Don't blame her. Rules are rules.

If she gave the kid the inhaler she would have been fired.

She messed up by not calling 911. If she had, then all rules would have been followed and she could not be fired. Even if the kid died.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Nurse-refuses-student-inhaler-during-asthma-attack/-/1637132/13560430/-/wm13uaz/-/index.html

Thank god both my own kids are beyond high school now. Even at the lesser degrees, this shit gets stupid. Our schools (like many, maybe most?) required advance signed authorization for every specific med your kid might take. So you have to list every possible one you could think of. So say your kid has a cold and you sent her in with some Sudafed pills, but on the form you signed 5 months earlier you only listed Benadryl. No-can-take.

Yeah, I realize why. Fucking lawyers. They turn everyone into dumbasses.

No word on whether the kid was suspended for carrying drug contraband without school approval? Those inhalers are a gateway drug and everybody knows it.

Damn straight, I hope Eric Holder brings charges against this Bastard. To think he took the time to hide it in his locker. The nurse did the right thing by denying this obvious drug user his drug of choice.

Well, its good to know that as a nation we can all breath easier, knowing our children are safe within our school system.:S

i blame her. fuck rules, when someone's life is at stake and you can help just by ignoring a rule and handing him an inhaler, you should be fired. or should be fired for not calling 911. period. i'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. or allowing another to be carried by 6. i would and have in the past ignored rules to save someone's life, and would do so again. it is a responsibility we all have as humans, fuck the goddamn fucking lawyers for letting us evolve into this kind of society.
http://kitswv.com