51 killed in Afghan candy drop

"Mazar-i-Sharif, Afghanistan – In a tragic accident earlier today, aircraft belonging to the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) inadvertently killed 51 Afghans today near the city of Mazar-i-Sharif while attempting to drop candy to a group of children"

"Upon impact, the force of the rapidly settling candies caused the sides to explode outward, causing what physics professor Dr. Rosella Schwartz described as, “essentially a 360 degree anti-personnel mine full of chocolate flechettes.”"

“The worst were the peanut M&Ms. The soft chocolate acted as a sabot around the peanuts, so basically these things were candy-coated penetrator rounds.”

http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/05/isaf-drops-candy-to-afghan-children-kills-51/

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

The incident in Mazar-i-Sharif is unfortunately not the first setback for “Reese’s for Peaces”. Other blunders included a crate-load of Baby Ruth bars being dropped short of its target on March 19 and plowing into a bus full of madrassa students, killing 22. On April 27, several Snickers bars hit a wedding party near Kunduz, killing 35. And on May 8, several packs of Starbursts inadvertently hit an orphanage and killed 8 children and an adorable kitten named Mittens.

Following the press conference, Colonel Marshall tried to exit the podium, but tripped and crashed into a group of civilians, killing 9.

scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I was involved in a bottled water drop (among other things) in Afghanistan. One of the pallets came apart on deployment. There were water bottles everywhere. Luckily, no one was hurt, but it was a hell of a mess.

- Dan G

Recommendation, switch to pork rinds.

So full of hatred, is that how Christians are supposed to behave?
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

It is the American sense of humor.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I guess thats why they put canned laughter on all your sitcoms.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I guess thats why they put canned laughter on all your sitcoms.

We don't even have sitcoms anymore, we just have zombie/vampire dramas and "reality" shows.

Yea we get them over here as well, what the hell is that all about?

Humor is based on someone else's misfortune. That is not politically correct. There is just a few of us redneck holdouts.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Humor is based on someone else's misfortune.

If ever there was a quote that defined a person that was it.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

You've confused humor and shadenfreud. Shadenfreud might be considered an element of humor, possibly even a large one in modern times, but is by no means the definitive element of humor.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

>I'm guessing you like videos of people getting kicked in the groin.
"Ow! My balls!" - future megahit

Hey, Johnny Knoxville has made a buck or two with it. I don't find it particularly funny, but there is an audience out there that does.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

You've confused humor and shadenfreud. Shadenfreud might be considered an element of humor, possibly even a large one in modern times, but is by no means the definitive element of humor.

You must mean Schadenfreude.

I tend to believe of the three classical theories of humor superiority, relief and incongruity have at their basis one thing in common. Namely, somebody stepped on their dick or shit in their mess kit.

I guess the new movie, The Three Stooges wasn't very funny for you.