JohnRich

Police refuse to return guns to lawful citizens

My experience has shown me that cops can take anything they want, when they want.

There you have it folks.
Shoulda, coulda, woulda is not real life.

We weren't discussing only what real life is, but also what real life SHOULD BE. If real life isn't the same as what it should be, then we need to move towards changing real life for the better. And that's what this thread is all about.

I thought it was about guns.

My experience has shown me that cops can take anything they want, when they want.

There you have it folks.
Shoulda, coulda, woulda is not real life.

We weren't discussing only what real life is, but also what real life SHOULD BE. If real life isn't the same as what it should be, then we need to move towards changing real life for the better. And that's what this thread is all about.

Real life can only be lived with guns. Everybody knows that.

I am late to the game, it appears that it is more about property ownership and due process.

Replace guns with any other type property you want.

If the cops seize something on the premise that you are in illegal possesion of it, either by incorrect belief of lack of legal ownership, or incorrect belief that you are restricted from legal ownership, and they are wrong, you should get your property back.

You own it, you are not restricted by law from owning it, please apologize and give it back without further delay.

If this was Grandma's convertible instead of a gun the gun haters would be up in arms if the LAPD seized the car and crushed it because they thought her drivers license was invalid and they were mistaken.

Who here would be happy if I broke into their house and stole their belongings? The concept is exactly the same.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

If this was Grandma's convertible instead of a gun the gun haters would be up in arms if the LAPD seized the car and crushed it because they thought her drivers license was invalid and they were mistaken.

This comes up in the areas that have been doing prostitution stings. They try to keep the cars of the Johns, even if that person isn't the owner. Grandma gets pissed!

If real life isn't the same as what it should be, then we need to move towards changing real life for the better.

Agreed. How would you change things for the better with regard to this topic?

Personally, if I were king, I'd slam-dunk every LE office that violated local, county, state and/or federal law. I'd slam them with heavy fines and restitution.

And that's what this thread is all about.

Your OP was about what was...not what shoulda, coulda, woulda. Your poll was about that, yes.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239