mnealtx

Obama booed at Fenway

Don't know if there's a clip or not - from stuff I've seen other places, it was at the 1st inning break and not the start of the game. There's tweets from a couple different sports writers attesting to it, though.

I just know that, for the first time in my adult life, I'm really proud of Boston Red Sox fans. :P

Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Understand, I'm not saying it didn't happen. In fact, my guess is if Obama appeared on a screen anywhere there'd be about 30% of the audience that might boo.

I just find it odd that if the reaction was as large as some people now claim, then it wouldn't be all over YouTube. That's the weird part. Hardly anything happens anywhere that isn't documented and ends up on YouTube so "team A" can prove "team B" is whatever the argument of the day is, yet nothing on YouTube seems to actually document this . . . just blather about it. Not the actual thing itself.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Men like to fuck! So do I!

If you are on business-assignment in Columbia (Medellein, Cartegena) and not engage...you need to see a shrink.

Only problem I can see is that he devalued the woman by offering her $35. But is not like American males are the most astute observers of anything in the world...they have no clue. And they never will !!!!

Link

I understand there's a Secret Service Task Force enroute to Boston to investigate. :P

Understand, I'm not saying it didn't happen. In fact, my guess is if Obama came on a screen anywhere there'd be about 30% of the audience that might boo.

I just find it odd that if the reaction was as large as some people now claim, then it wouldn't be all over YouTube. That's the weird part. Hardly anything happens anywhere that isn't documented and ends up on YouTube so "team A" can prove "team B" is whatever the argument of the day is, yet nothing on YouTube seems to actually document this . . . just blather about it. Not the actual thing itself.

I understand.

Here's an account from an attendee of the game (hotair.com via fireandreamitchell.com)(first link for a google of "Obama booed Fenway"):

Update: Just received from reader John T.:

I was at the Red Sox game yesterday and can confirm the reported booing occurred, mixed with cheers at about a 50/50 ratio I’d say.

I think the reason there’s no video is because of the timing. The opening ceremony, which lasted about an hour, had officially ended and the game had begun. Most people, myself included, had stowed their phones and settled in for the game.

Obama’s message was brief, perhaps 10 seconds long, and began to play, I believe, after the first inning or half inning. It took me (and likely most others) by surprise, so there was little opportunity to catch the moment on video. As it turned out, there were other prerecorded messages played all game long between innings. Obama’s was just the first, and the only one booed. Most, if not all, of the other messages played were from people with Boston roots (e.g., Conan O’Brien, Dennis Leary, Mark Wahlberg), and they all received favorable reactions from the crowd.

Only 10 seconds? From Obama? That *is* amazing.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

On the other hand . . .

. . . at about a 50/50 ratio I’d say.

Would reflect general sentiments split down party lines and not really too much of a surprise at all.

As a *very* general statement I wouldn't disagree, although I don't recall Bush 43 getting booed like that.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Boston, as blue as blue can get.

In fact, Boston, especially if you include the suburbs, is very purple. The blue-collar segment of the demographic trends toward the socially conservative. Also, the "businessman" sub-set of the white collar segment is fiscally quite conservative. It's also heavily Catholic, and many of the over-age-50 Catholics trend pretty socially conservative, too. How heavily these segments are represented in the stadium crowd? I can only guess.

Also, I remember the massive protests in Boston against school busing, for desegregation, in the 70's. The racism from the blue-collar population of "Southie" (South Boston) was pervasive. Does some of that linger to today? Was some of it represented in the folks booing Obama? Again, one can only guess, but they're reasonable factors to consider.

A lot of the purple chracteristic is the large number of swing voters. I still maitain that Palin killed this segment for mccain.

Boston: 79% Obama
Mass: 62% Obama

Feel free to believe what you like....doesn't make purple out of blue.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

What do YOU know about prostitutes?? CONFESS!!!!

Link

I understand there's a Secret Service Task Force enroute to Boston to investigate. :P

I doubt it, Boston's prostitutes really aren't that pretty...

A surprising amount actually, but not in the manner that most people would think. While doing active enforcement it is suggested that you wear latex gloves, since some have the gondasurfa-aids. Also, after booking, spray clean your cuffs, then when you're done with your shift, boil them in water.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

It's a running joke, combining the names of a handful of VDs together to say that the person probably has quite the number of viruses available for your consumption...

Hmmm.... Sounds yummy[:/]

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Funny Bush got trashed a lot and nobody seem to care, certainly not the "greenies" here....Obama gets a 50/50 booing and they want proof documentation....ect, ect. Get over it. Somewhere around 50% would boo Obama...he isn't the fair headed step child this time around. He very well may win again, but he sure as hell won't be using "hope and change"
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Funny Bush got trashed a lot and nobody seem to care, certainly not the "greenies" here....Obama gets a 50/50 booing and they want proof documentation....ect, ect.

In Bush 43's case, you didn't need any additional proof because it was self evident in the video.

It's when people make undocumented claims, I'm skeptical. That's not my political point of view, that's my point of view about everything.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Quade, come on.....I'm sure you CAN dig up a post where you were skeptical about some dumb ass comment about say Bush 43 but 99% of you post on these matters are to insult the right.

Don't try to play Fox "Fair and Balance" your point of view is not to even consider that when it comes to the right.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little