narcimund

First class citizens

Well, it's been about 5 years since Billvon gave me a private talking to for participating in Speaker's Corner at a level below my own standards. That's when I realized I wasn't doing myself any favours spending time explaining my views to people who aren't listening. Since then I've gone on to do many other amazing things (none of which involve asymmetrically intelligent discussions on the Internet.) For the record I didn't get banned. I just walked away. It -can- be done.

But even though I don't post any more I do enjoy scanning these repetitive conversations. It's my television. I'm flabbergasted that mostly the same cast is playing the same roles. I expected more turnover.

Anyway, I always knew I'd post here once more when I finally completed an old project that I used to sometimes discuss here. Back when I cared about exhibiting my thoughts to strangers I told myself it would be cathartic to someday change my dropzone signature line to commemorate the end of that project. Now I'm fulfilling that promise to myself.

So until yesterday my husband and I were second class citizens in the USA, then first class landed immigrants in Canada. And now we've finished up the process. It's quite satisfying.

Let the familiar old democrat/republican gang war begin.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

Congratulations, and best wishes for continued happiness for you and yours. Eventually the US will join the civilized world, but past history indicates they're slow learners. Change is in the air, though.

Don