Rstanley0312

No Barry please veto it....

http://money.cnn.com/2012/01/18/news/economy/keystone_pipeline/index.htm?iid=Lead

Who needs more jobs and less dependence on overseas oil? Not us.... right? :S
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

That really sucks :(, both the US and Canada could really use the jobs this would provide to increase tax revenue and possibly help to drive the economies of both countries forward a bit, if anything get some people back to work, It always cracks me up when I hear enviro nazis talk about the Green Economy,,,,I'm sure the US Green Economy is just as successful as the Ontario Green Economy and the European Green Economy. [:/]>:(

At least Al Gore and David Suzuki will be smiling [:/]:S

"The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." - Michelangelo

That really sucks :(, both the US and Canada could really use the jobs this would provide to increase tax revenue and possibly help to drive the economies of both countries forward a bit, if anything get some people back to work, It always cracks me up when I hear enviro nazis talk about the Green Economy,,,,I'm sure the US Green Economy is just as successful as the Ontario Green Economy and the European Green Economy. [:/]>:(

It's pathetic really.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.

No I haven't and all you did was provide a link to a Sally Kohn article which does nothing but solidify my point bc that woman is a flaming lib. Despite what you may think Fox News actually does offer both sides from employees who do lean different ways.

Edited to add...... that is also why this article is under the OPINION heading.

Actually, the (at least supposed) reason it was vetoed was because it did not include a plan for how the pipeline was going to avoid an aquifer that Nebraska said it didn't want the pipeline over.

Obama didn't want to sign something sight unseen.

The veto was given with the specific instructions that they could resubmit with the missing information.

Note: I'm in Houston. This would be a big, big boon to my city. But maybe we do want the building company to provide all of the information before signing off on it.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

It's pathetic really.
What's pathetic is Congress creating an artificial deadline that made it impossible to properly vet the proposal. By rejecting the proposal at this time but allowing for a resubmission, the White House just buys time to properly investigate the benefits and risks, obtain public input, and if necessary propose modifications. The Republican approach of "full speed ahead and damn the torpedoes" is just political game-playing. If Obama had caved and approved the project without having it checked out, the Republicans could (and would) have played up their ability to order the president to jump to their command, and if any problems developed down the road all the shit would be on Obama's head. Of course he had no recourse but to reject it. It's clear to me that it's the Republicans who killed this project (for now) by using it as a political club to try to beat up on the President.

Don

Actually, the (at least supposed) reason it was vetoed was because it did not include a plan for how the pipeline was going to avoid an aquifer that Nebraska said it didn't want the pipeline over.

Obama didn't want to sign something sight unseen.

Which of course is a flat out lie. He tried to delay the decision until after the election because he didn't want to have to pick between his labor and his environmental supporters. Which was pathetic - there's no reason to claim it takes a full 12 months to decide. So the GOP tried to tie his hand with a deadline so he'd have to go on record. His response was this dodge.

Our nation needs more decisive leadership - one that says no or yes, not "I'll get back to you on this and on the tax question after you reelect me." Sadly, the GOP doesn't see fit to give us a viable choice.

Trying to delay it a year was excessive as well. Personally, I wish they'd addressed Nebraska's objection with a plan, rather than a simple statement that they're thinking about it (or whatever the proposal said about the objection).

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Trying to delay it a year was excessive as well. Personally, I wish they'd addressed Nebraska's objection with a plan, rather than a simple statement that they're thinking about it (or whatever the proposal said about the objection).

yes, the Administration could have answered with: "No to the current plan, but if this alternate checks out the answer is yes, and this is the criteria for that approval."

What we have now is this vague maybe that could mean maybe, or could be that polite version of "No Fucking Way" that women might tell a friend who asks for a date.