Skyrad

Greeks punch gift horse in the mouth!

He said that fundamentally anywhere south of the Trento Valley in Northern Italy / Southern Austria is corrupt. Also paying income tax south of here is a " Lifestyle " choice. pay if you want to, don't if you don't !

Hmmm, sounds like the GOP's "Buffett Plan" for voluntary taxation here. I guess the GOP want the USA to go the way of Greece.

As opposed to the *ACTUAL* "I won't pay more unless gov't forces me to" Buffett rule?

UPDATE: Warren Buffett has pledged to match 1 for 1 all such voluntary contributions made by Republican members of Congress. “And I’ll even go 3 for 1 for McConnell,” he says. That could be quite a bill if McConnell takes the challenge; after all, the Senator is worth at least $10 million. As Buffett put it to me, “I’m not worried.”

Read more: swampland.time.com/2012/01/11/warren-buffett-to-mitch-mcconnell-put-up-or-shut-up/#ixzz1jD7M9K18

It isn'y Republicans screaming they don't pay enough in taxes.

He said that fundamentally anywhere south of the Trento Valley in Northern Italy / Southern Austria is corrupt. Also paying income tax south of here is a " Lifestyle " choice. pay if you want to, don't if you don't !

Hmmm, sounds like the GOP's "Buffett Plan" for voluntary taxation here. I guess the GOP want the USA to go the way of Greece.

As opposed to the *ACTUAL* "I won't pay more unless gov't forces me to" Buffett rule?

UPDATE: Warren Buffett has pledged to match 1 for 1 all such voluntary contributions made by Republican members of Congress. “And I’ll even go 3 for 1 for McConnell,” he says. That could be quite a bill if McConnell takes the challenge; after all, the Senator is worth at least $10 million. As Buffett put it to me, “I’m not worried.”

Read more: swampland.time.com/2012/01/11/warren-buffett-to-mitch-mcconnell-put-up-or-shut-up/#ixzz1jD7M9K18

They scream enough about the deficit, but apparently won't do anything about it even when a match is on offer.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

They scream enough about the deficit, but apparently won't do anything about it even when a match is on offer.

If I were them, I'd counter with an offer to contribute based on a ratio of spending cuts.

Except the Germans are generally hated in Greece due to mass executions during WWII and the fact that Germany waltzed off with all the Greek gold during the war.

I know, my cunning plan needs some work...:)

As for your comments on Germany, just come out and say it...

"Give me back my grandfathers bicycle!"

:o:$:P:D

Actually it's usually:

Halt die Klappe und gib mich meinem Fahrrad zurück (spelling/grammatics?)

or in Dutch:

Hou je bek en geef me mijn fiets terug

(Shut your mouth, and give me my bicycle back)

Granddad is optional

But how the hell, did you know that one? that's indeed a rather classic statement but not widely known outside of NL, (me thinks). Or it was, anti-German sentiment has subsided for the most part, I think, but then again I'm living close to the German border so that could make a difference.

Let me help you out, Kaaskopp:

"Halt die Klappe und gib mir mein Fahrrad zurück!"

Just admit that you love us. Like most of you flatlanders on bromfiets do ...... ;)B|B|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Just admit that you love us. Like most of you flatlanders on bromfiets do ......

Let's see

The second line of the Dutch (that looks similar to, I don't know, the word Deutsch, isn't it?) national anthem:

Ben ik van Duitsen bloed
literally : I'm of German blood.

Furthermore we imported much of our Royal Family from Germany, including the Founding Father of the Netherlands.

It's not that love you, it's more that we're like creepy stalkers that pretend to be you. :P

Oh and my first moped, was of course a Puch.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-congress/2012/01/rand-paul-returns-k-in-office-budget-to-treasury-110637.html

Except the Germans are generally hated in Greece due to mass executions during WWII and the fact that Germany waltzed off with all the Greek gold during the war.

I know, my cunning plan needs some work...:)

As for your comments on Germany, just come out and say it...

"Give me back my grandfathers bicycle!"

:o:$:P:D

Actually it's usually:

Halt die Klappe und gib mich meinem Fahrrad zurück (spelling/grammatics?)

or in Dutch:

Hou je bek en geef me mijn fiets terug

(Shut your mouth, and give me my bicycle back)

Granddad is optional

But how the hell, did you know that one? that's indeed a rather classic statement but not widely known outside of NL, (me thinks). Or it was, anti-German sentiment has subsided for the most part, I think, but then again I'm living close to the German border so that could make a difference.

Let me help you out, Kaaskopp:

"Halt die Klappe und gib mir mein Fahrrad zurück!"

Just admit that you love us. Like most of you flatlanders on bromfiets do ...... ;)B|B|

This is interesting.... I made mention of a dutch town. Marinus went off as about how "old" that was. Yet here we are with both Marinus and Christelsabine practically rehashing WW2, going off about stolen bikes with wooden wheels, Greek gold, mass executions, how the old folks are "butt hurt", and everyone hates Germans, about the war and so forth.
If either of you have a point to debate at the very least be honest. Trying to ambush has failed for both of you. You both are clearly out of your league.

Just admit that you love us. Like most of you flatlanders on bromfiets do ......

Let's see

The second line of the Dutch (that looks similar to, I don't know, the word Deutsch, isn't it?) national anthem:

Ben ik van Duitsen bloed

Furthermore we imported much of our Royal Family from Germany, including the Founding Father of the Netherlands.

It's not that love you, it's more that we're like creepy stalkers that pretend to be you. :P

Oh and my first moped, was of course a Puch.

This is interesting.... I made mention of a dutch town. Marinus went off as about how "old" that was. Yet here we are with both Marinus and Christelsabine practically rehashing WW2, going off about stolen bikes with wooden wheels, Greek gold, mass executions, how the old folks are "butt hurt", and everyone hates Germans, about the war and so forth.
If either of you have a point to debate at the very least be honest. Trying to ambush has failed for both of you. You both are clearly out of your league.

Ben ik van Duitsen bloed

Time to go back to school. That is not what it means.

Babelfish agrees with his translation...and I would think that someone from the Netherlands would have a pretty good grasp of the Dutch language.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Babelfish agrees with his translation...and I would think that someone from the Netherlands would have a pretty good grasp of the Dutch language.

Babelfish is nou niet echt de beste manier om een juiste vertaling the krijgen.

Put that in Babelfish.

Then, maybe start wondering why the language spoken in Holland is called Dutch. One might wonder what the etymology behind that is, one might even find a similarity to Duytschen.

One might also want to look at when Het Wilhemus was penned and compare that to when germany came into existence.

and I would think that someone from the Netherlands would have a pretty good grasp of the Dutch language.

You would think so, Marinus is still wrong though.

Christine, vielleicht konst du Google Translator brauchen fur: Geef me godverdomme mijn fiets terug, Mof.

Time to go back to school. That is not what it means.

To be honest you're partly right. The national anthem is over four centuries old, and back then we (the Germans and the Dutch) were all called Dietsch. However, the second line is about a specific person (Willem of Nassau) Who happened to be from an area that's now German. I think that's why in the modern translation it kinda stuck as the word Duitsen which is literally German. It also says we "honour the king of Spain" later in that verse, and we gained independence from that sucker about 60 years later.

However, the second line is about a specific person (Willem of Nassau) Who happened to be from an area that's now German.

Not just the second line. The whole thig is about him. He is de "ik"

He was born in Nassau-Dillenburg, actually his family "owned" that area, as well as an area in France and de Nederlanden.

The reference to the king of Spain refers back to the 80-jarige oorlog and has nothing to do with your erroneous translation of the sentence, ben ik van Duitse bloed.

Babelfish is nou niet echt de beste manier om een juiste vertaling the krijgen.

Put that in Babelfish.

Then, maybe start wondering why the language spoken in Holland is called Dutch. One might wonder what the etymology behind that is, one might even find a similarity to Duytschen.

One might also want to look at when Het Wilhemus was penned and compare that to when germany came into existence.

and I would think that someone from the Netherlands would have a pretty good grasp of the Dutch language.

You would think so, Marinus is still wrong though.

Christine, vielleicht konst du Google Translator brauchen fur: Geef me godverdomme mijn fiets terug, Mof.

I am not Christine.

Marinus was right, absolutely.

It is the second line. And he quoted it right.

You should try to work with the Google translator. It's easy, for what I heard.

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Dus je hebt ook nog wat issues met Duitsers? Wel, mss moet je je daar na 67 jaar eens overheen zetten.

Doe ik zodra ik een goede mof tegenkom.

Yes he quoted it right, he just doesn't understand the meaning of what he was quoting. They do teach the correct meaning in Dutch High Schools. I should know, I went through it.

Oh, I came close enough. But I'll be the first to admit that I only know the basic stuff about the anthem. And I don't think it's interesting enough to read the whole wikipedia article like you did.

Doe ik zodra ik een goede mof tegenkom.

Well, you probably don't know a whole lot of Germans, and ignorance is a common cause of bigotry.