JohnRich

Florida: Cities can’t ban guns in parks, town halls

My answer in post #10 this thread was 100% correct. Your responses in #11 and #17 were 100% irrelevant.

And you're still arguing about it 39 posts later, destroying all decent debate in the process, and injecting personal partisan ugliness.

How about you just be content to have said your piece, and let it go at that?

My answer in post #10 this thread was 100% correct. Your responses in #11 and #17 were 100% irrelevant.

And you're still arguing about it 39 posts later, destroying all decent debate in the process, and injecting personal partisan ugliness.

Tell it to Mike Neal. My time is my own to use as I see fit.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Cities and states CAN restrict the BOR per SCOTUS in Heller, and Mcdonald did not nullify that part of Heller.

GCA 68 and other similar laws (which cover your favorite bold/red cut'n'paste) aren't restrictions on the right to keep/bear arms as the SC looks at the issue, John.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Cities and states CAN restrict the BOR per SCOTUS in Heller, and Mcdonald did not nullify that part of Heller.

GCA 68 and other similar laws (which cover your favorite bold/red cut'n'paste) aren't restrictions on the right to keep/bear arms as the SC looks at the issue, John.

Per Heller, not changed in any way by McDonald, it is NOT an unlimited right. Therefore it CAN be limited and my answer was correct.

"Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose:" Scalia, writing for the majority.

:P

Per Heller, not changed in any way by McDonald, it is NOT an unlimited right. Therefore it CAN be limited and my answer was correct.

"Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose:" Scalia, writing for the majority.

:P

Nobody claimed it was - that's YOUR strawman.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Tell it to Mike Neal. My time is my own to use as I see fit.

It's not his fault that you keep responding. Just walk away! Repeating the same quote over and over again does not strengthen your point.

Holy Shit dude, 28000 posts and the best you got is "I know you are but what am I?":P:D:D

the challenge for the weasels are the forum rules. If one weasel accuses another of weaseling, you can't actually come out with a new insult without stepping over the line.

May make for (slightly) for civil conversation, but no witty insults.

FACT IS, I have never made such a statement, which is why you can't find one.

this is techincally correct

You NEVER say anything directly

You dance around the edges but that does not change the fact your solutions would ban gun ownership for nearly everyone
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

You dance around the edges but that does not change the fact your solutions would ban gun ownership for nearly everyone

You are delusional.

You are delusional.
:D

Delusional?

Maybe

Insane, by the follow definition may be more appropriate.

(Insane, when defined under the following. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting and different result)

So, considering that definition, I will try one more time

What specific actions, would you take, to make us all safer here in the US, in regards to guns law?

You say you have answered this. I say yes, you have. You say that you do support gun bans. I say, yes you do, based on your one time opined solutions.

Many others here have asked you, what do you propose? So obviously, they do not know where you stand.

I do. At least I think I do.

But with this in mind, you can get me to admit I lied about you IF, and only if, you lay out the specifics you would propose regarding gun owner ship (and lets keep the scope small by saying just hand gun owner ship) and those proposals would not SEVERLY limit the ability of buy, own and carry hand guns which is a limited right as held up by the SC.

Abraham Lincoln

You are delusional.

Oh my, a direct personl insult. I think the moderators are going to have trouble explaining away this one to give you free pass on the rule violation.

I expect it will be right after they ban Marc Rush for calling me dishonest.

You are delusional.

:D

Delusional?

Maybe

Insane, by the follow definition may be more appropriate.

(Insane, when defined under the following. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting and different result)

So, considering that definition, I will try one more time

What specific actions, would you take, to make us all safer here in the US, in regards to guns law?

You say you have answered this. I say yes, you have. You say that you do support gun bans. I say, yes you do, based on your one time opined solutions.

Many others here have asked you, what do you propose? So obviously, they do not know where you stand.

I do. At least I think I do.

But with this in mind, you can get me to admit I lied about you IF, and only if, you lay out the specifics you would propose regarding gun owner ship (and lets keep the scope small by saying just hand gun owner ship) and those proposals would not SEVERLY limit the ability of buy, own and carry hand guns which is a limited right as held up by the SC.

On Sept 7, 2008 at 11:30 a.m. I wrote, in this forum, IN DIRECT RESPONSE TO YOU:

"There is no reason a sane, law abiding adult should be prevented from owning a firearm."

On March 11, 2007, I wrote, in this forum:

"In principle I don't think the government should prevent sane, careful, law abiding adults from owning guns."

So you can now admit that you lied about me.

On Sept 7, 2008 at 11:30 a.m. I wrote, in this forum, IN DIRECT RESPONSE TO YOU:

"There is no reason a sane, law abiding adult should be prevented from owning a firearm."

Yes, you did
Abraham Lincoln

You have also said to me and others you debate (if what you do here can really be called a debate) that we want loonies to get guns.

Interesting where that leaves this exchange right now, dont you think?
Abraham Lincoln

Yes, you did

:)

Yes, you did

:)

Too bad you can't be as honest with other people's statements.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

"Although we do not undertake an exhaustive historical analysis today of the full scope of the Second Amendment, nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms."; Justice Antonin Scalia, writing for the majority in the Heller decision.

None of what you wrote applies here.

This is not about prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill

This is not about such a school or government building.

It seems to me that that same people who support this are opposed to the feds telling the states what they can do as far as gun laws go.

Not hard to understand if you look at it using another Amendment.

Would you support a city that passed a law that required a person living there to be a Christian?

Would you support a State that required everyone to go to church?

I would hope not, and you would be supported by the Constitution.

In the end, the Constitution says that the right to keep and bear arms "shall not be infringed".

So, supporting the State when it is aligned with the Constitution is not hard to understand. Supporting the State when it is aligned with the Constitution but not with the Fed should also not be hard to understand.

And BTW, this is not a new law.... It has been on the books for 10 years. The only new part is the fines for ignoring it.

But, you posed a very good question, I hope I explained my side sufficiently.

Selective Anti-Federalism. The same people who support Federal law dictating marijuana (or anything else they oppose) and not allowing the State to decide are against any action by the Federal government to enact Federal laws on firearms (or anything else they favor.)

Please show me where in the Constitution that marijuana is protected... Cause I can't find it.

BTW, I actually support legalization of marijuana.... But your argument does not really make sense.

Please show me where in the Constitution that marijuana is protected... Cause I can't find it.

BTW, I actually support legalization of marijuana.... But your argument does not really make sense.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

"Although we do not undertake an exhaustive historical analysis today of the full scope of the Second Amendment, nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms."; Justice Antonin Scalia, writing for the majority in the Heller decision.

None of what you wrote applies here.

This is not about prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill

This is not about such a school or government building.

Welcome back. You could try reading the thread for context before shooting from the hip.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

The 10th does not PROTECT marijuana. Show me where marijuana is PROTECTED like I asked.

Don't get me wrong, I agree the 10th applies... but the 10th does not PROTECT marijuana like the 2nd protects firearms.