Amazon

Drinking and driving???

I'm guessing drinking and posting?:D

Nope... as soon as the video was over that other one must have popped up...

Oh and about the only time I ever drink.. is at a boogie... when I can stumble to the motorhome or the team room:D:D

Bad influences skydivers are

And then acting like a complete and utter nutter???

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/126289218.html

Fixed the freakin clicky... where the hell did that other one come from.[:/]

These deaths don't count because

1) Cars and alcohol weren't designed to kill people
2) This is the price we pay for freedom

Personally I worry more about nutters who drink and drive like this than the ones with guns since the former pose a statistically bigger risk to me as some one who avoids risk factors like involvement in the illegal drug trade and youth gangs but that's not what drives politics.

(I felt the same way when I lived in a big city where I could hear gun shots, and still feel that way living across the street from a nutter neighbor who had the SWAT team in my front yard because he allegedly flashed a gun at the garbage men).

Yup. I don't know anyone personally who has been killed by a gun - but I know several who have died from drunk driving related accidents, whether it was their fault or someone else's.

And it's all well and good to say that "they will pay for it when they crash", but the reality is it always seems to be some innocent person who pays for someone else's idiocy.

Yup. I don't know anyone personally who has been killed by a gun - but I know several who have died from drunk driving related accidents, whether it was their fault or someone else's.

And it's all well and good to say that "they will pay for it when they crash", but the reality is it always seems to be some innocent person who pays for someone else's idiocy.

You know , I can sympathize with you and I have empathy for your losses but, Should we really lock up every drunk driver?

It's not the drunk driver that kills it is the driver who crashes that kills.
How many drivers cause a wreck everyday because they're putting on their make up or chowin' on a Big Mac?

Drinking and driving isn't a problem and shouldn't be a crime (although it is a great way to boost revenue for local and state gov't) .
Crashing should be the crime!!
Driving drunk isn't hurting anyone.
Crashing may and it doesn't matter if the crasher was drunk or simply reading the paper,applying make up ,or perhaps driving after 30 hours without sleep.
The crash is the cause of any injury.
Blood/ Alchohol content has no revelence.

Drinking and driving isn't a problem and shouldn't be a crime

You say some really off the wall crap.
This one is right at the top of the shit pile.

http://www.centurycouncil.org/learn-the-facts/drunk-driving-research#888

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) 33,808 people died in traffic crashes in 2009 in the United States (latest figures available), including an estimated 10,839 people who died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes. Drunk driving fatalities accounted for 32% of all traffic deaths last year, that is, on average someone is killed in an alcohol-impaired driving crash about every 50 minutes in the U.S. (Source: NHTSA/FARS, 2010)
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

*** Drunk driving fatalities accounted for 32% of all traffic deaths last year,

So you are telling me that 68% of all crashes resulting in fatalities were caused by other than alchohol.

Where is the outrage and the mothers against eating in cars?
Where is the outrage against putting on makeup in cars?

Why is dui singled out as a crime?

The crime should be "causing an accident" as clearly the vast majority of traffic deaths are caused by crashes other than alchohol related.

My sister was offed by some joker who just couldn't wait to get home before he dug into his Wendys' meal.
Thank God he wasn't drunk!!!!

So you are telling me that 68% of all crashes resulting in fatalities were caused by other than alchohol.

32% is an extremely large number for one single cause. To say that there should be no law against drunk driving is ridiculous.

Why is dui singled out as a crime?

It shouldn't be singled out. If a person wants to talk/text, eat dinner and watch a DVD while driving, they should suffer the same consequence as the drunk driver.
I'm sure that you know as well as I do that the worst can happen in a blink of the eye. Add in all of the distractions, someone dies.

My sister was offed by some joker who just couldn't wait to get home before he dug into his Wendys' meal.

I hope the asshole was charged for manslaughter.

States are only now enacting laws to address the problem of distracted driving.

http://www.distraction.gov/state-laws/
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Firstly, no need to show empathy, because in 3 out of the 4 cases I know the people who died were the drunk ones. And I'm not going to have sympathy for some idiot who puts others lives at risk because he is too stupid to control himself. Least he is off the road now, making the innocent people a bit safer.

Drinking and driving isn't a problem and shouldn't be a crime (although it is a great way to boost revenue for local and state gov't) .

Probably one of the most disturbing thing I've read this week.

Crashing should be the crime!!

Yeah because it makes total sense to wait til someone is dead before action is taken. :S

If someone holds a gun to your head and taunts you threatening to kill you, should it only be a crime when he pulls the trigger?

Driving drunk isn't hurting anyone.

How does that even make any sense? Of course it does. Alcohol was directly responsible for the crashes I know of.

Maybe we should start letting monkeys drive on the road now too. Apparently blatant threats to life on the road are okay. Maybe let 9 year olds drive too, oh hell - why even bother with the license. We can just wait til they crash and then think of the issue, because it is only wrong when it kills someone, not when it posses a threat.

Crashing may and it doesn't matter if the crasher was drunk or simply reading the paper,applying make up ,or perhaps driving after 30 hours without sleep.

And all of the above are fucking idiots.

And those are things that need to be made illegal too and by the previous post it seems as though it is. Because those things are legal doesn't mean one should make drunk driving legal, that's absurd.

As stated above, that's a HUGE chunk of the figures and it's easily controllable. One just needs to use common sense.

Quite frankly I hope that those who do drive drunk kill themselves in a crash. Any reduction in the number of selfish asses on the road is a good thing. The less of them on the road, the safer I can feel, as someone who doesn't drive like an idiot.

How one can be so apathetic to the facts and the act is just beyond my comprehension.