hwt

Obama would lose election today

The Washington Times was founded in 1982 by News World Communications an international media conglomerate associated with the Unification Church which also owns newspapers in South Korea, Japan, and South America, as well as the news agency United Press International.[5] Bo Hi Pak, the chief aide of church founder and leader Sun Myung Moon, was the founding president and the founding chairman of the board.[6] Moon asked Richard L. Rubenstein, a rabbi and college professor who had written on the Holocaust, to serve on the board of directors.[7]

Go figure....

All the news YOU want to hear.. DAILY.. from the pulpit...

Can I get an AMEN???

We just went over this in one of those other poll threads. As I said there, the poll has him running against a "generic Republican"; and since that's not a live person, the poll is deficient. Poll Obama running against one (or various) of the probable GOP front-runners, and I'll pay attention to the poll.

The political scientist in me, looking at it objectively, says that only a fairly moderate, intelligent, well-spoken, non-strident Republican has a decent chance against Obama. That probably means Romney or Pawlenty. (I don't put Ron Paul in there because, despite being very bright and well-spoken, he's so un-filtered that he's bound to say something politically damaging.) If the GOP nominate someone too radically-right, or too strident, or seemingly not very smart, then the crucial swing voters will be repelled and swing to Obama, as most of them did in '08. (Like my dad - he initially was going to vote for McCain, but found Palin to be too stupid and generally repellant to be a heartbeat away from the presidency - so he voted for Obama.) And that virtually eliminates Bachmann and Palin in 2012.

A Democratic polling firm said President Obama's already weak job-approval numbers are "worse than they appear" and he likely would lose the election if it were held today.....:D

PROVE it.. got a cite there bubba???

A Democratic polling firm said President Obama's already weak job-approval numbers are "worse than they appear" and he likely would lose the election if it were held today.....:D

PROVE it.. got a cite there bubba???

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2011/jul/21/poll-weakened-obama-would-lose-vote-today/

I think you made my point.... please... head on over to Ben Franklin.. the collage class will be starting up soon.

Only if he ran against a "generic Republican" of which there are none.

Omaba still wins agains anyone that's actually running.
http://pollingreport.com/wh12gen.htm

Love the site you chose with the smiling face of Obama on it...;)

PollingReport.com is non-partisan. They look at ALL the various polls from ALL the various sources.

If you have a problem with the photo of Obama, perhaps that says more about you than the web site.

The banner at the top of the page is simply an ad. The same type of ad that shows up on places on various websites throughout the entire internet including dropzone.com. It has zero to do with the actual content of web site itself.

Here's there main page.
http://pollingreport.com/index.html

You'll notice the top of that page currently has an ad for Converse shoes. Unless something else is currently being served up when you read it.

I didn't even know they were in the election. ;)
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

We just went over this in one of those other poll threads. As I said there, the poll has him running against a "generic Republican"; and since that's not a live person, the poll is deficient. Poll Obama running against one (or various) of the probable GOP front-runners, and I'll pay attention to the poll.

We see these polls the year before every election and they usually paint a bad picture for the incumbent. But that's hardly surprising - the opposition party candidates are running around touting new ideas to solve the problems the current guy is having. But they haven't really started the campaign of ripping each other to shreds, and the incumbent is ignoring them. It all changes a lot by spring time of the election year, and of course in November when voters are making an actual choice, not just getting a chance to voice discontent to a pollster.

You'll notice the top of that page currently has an ad for Converse shoes. Unless something else is currently being served up when you read it.

Google Adwords is much cleverer than that, the advertisements are localised and by category of what your search habits are.

That way they can sell to thousands of companies around the world at the same time instead of one, so the price comes down and more people are willing to fork out for it.

The ad. you see will (most likely) be different to the ad. another person on the other side of the world or the room you are in will see.
Back a hundred years ago, especially around Woodrow Wilson, what happened in this country is we took freedom and we chopped it into pieces.
Ron Paul

Google Adwords is much cleverer than that, the advertisements are localised and by category of what your search habits are.

That way they can sell to thousands of companies around the world at the same time instead of one, so the price comes down and more people are willing to fork out for it.

The ad. you see will (most likely) be different to the ad. another person on the other side of the world or the room you are in will see.

Be that as it may, the point is, it's just an ad and has no real relationship to the content of the web site.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Be that as it may, the point is, it's just an ad and has no real relationship to the content of the web site.

Damned Straight
Back a hundred years ago, especially around Woodrow Wilson, what happened in this country is we took freedom and we chopped it into pieces.
Ron Paul

Looking at it from what the most unbiased point I can. Obama has failed in many regards and hasn't lived up to the claims that got him elected (as if there's ever been any difference in politicians).

But at the same time, the Republican party is extremely weak. Probably the best candidate is a Mormon, so highly unlikely he'd get mass support.

If the Republicans are wanting to get anything out of the Democrats weak position, they will need to come up with much better candidates. People tend to chose the lesser of two evils, and that is what will likely save the Democrats if it continues as is.

But at the same time, the Republican party is extremely weak. Probably the best candidate is a Mormon, so highly unlikely he'd get mass support.

Don't Listen to Rupert’s lies, the polls you see do not indicate reality (he is right on Michele Bachmann's heels and gaining), they are skewed more often than not.

Ron Paul is very popular, especially among the youth, though you will often see him left out of MSM reporting on the election altogether...

Gee I wonder why.
Ron Paul

Looking at it from what the most unbiased point I can. Obama has failed in many regards and hasn't lived up to the claims that got him elected (as if there's ever been any difference in politicians).

If the Republicans are wanting to get anything out of the Democrats weak position, they will need to come up with much better candidates. People tend to chose the lesser of two evils, and that is what will likely save the Democrats if it continues as is.

The fact that you brought up" Mormon" tells me that you have been exposed to liberal media coverage. why ?
Harry Reid is a Mormon. you ever hear Republicans bring that up ? NO
Democrats must be bigots if they are so worried about who he prays to.

But the real truth is the liberal media wants to label him and anyone else who opposes their canidate.;)

I think Obama said it best.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better"....Barrack Obama
[:/]

Considering I haven't read any news articles on the matter and that idea was based solely off what I have heard from American friends, most of which are Republicans, I'm afraid your assumption is wrong.

It's not about Democrats or Republicans when it comes to religion, it's about the religious history of American presidents and the general religious masses in the U.S.

I can assure you there is a large amount of Christian voters who'd be willing to support a candidate based solely on religion.
To quote a study on NPR "White evangelical Christians, about 34 percent of them, say they would be less likely to vote for a Mormon candidate."

And I'm pretty sure that most white evangelical Christians most typically sit on the right.

I don't need the media to tell me what to think, I just have to look at typical voting patterns, common thought processes and the mind set of voters in most cases to establish that religion can definitely affect the votes you receive.

It's not about Democrats or Republicans when it comes to religion, it's about the religious history of American presidents and the general religious masses in the U.S.

I can assure you there is a large amount of Christian voters who'd be willing to support a candidate based solely on religion.
To quote a study on NPR "White evangelical Christians, about 34 percent of them, say they would be less likely to vote for a Mormon candidate."

And I'm pretty sure that most white evangelical Christians most typically sit on the right.

I don't need the media to tell me what to think, I just have to look at typical voting patterns, common thought processes and the mind set of voters in most cases to establish that religion can definitely affect the votes you receive.

I live Nevada and the fact that Harry Reid is Mormon has never been an issue . the difference is the liberals are looking for anything to nail a conservative . Harry Reid was in office for years before i was aware of his beliefs.
Romney is not even the candidate yet everyone is aware of his beliefs. The truth is plain to see.[:/]

If America was going to vote on a Mormon Republican, I'd much rather see it be Jon Huntsman than Romney.

I agree (Romney = RINO)
I like Ron Paul myself and if enough people would back him .
We would, for the first time in my life see hope and change.:)

I was impressed by the beginning of Jon Huntsman's campaign.

His initial statements as to the type of campaign he'd desire to run was a breath of fresh air in politics. Whether he will continue to follow through with them is another question, but definitely has the right mind set.

Former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman pledged to run a civil campaign and claimed that he and President Barack Obama both love the United States but have different visions of its future.
But the question each of us wants the voters to answer is, `Who will be the better president, not who's the better American.

Our political debates today are corrosive. We will conduct this campaign on the high road. I don't think you need to run down someone's reputation to run for president.

And while I may not agree with all of his ideals, if someone from the Republicans had to win, I definitely think he would be the right guy. Problem is that he is close to being a moderate so it may put off some of the Republicans. But if they're willing to sacrifice some social issues for more conservative fiscal beliefs and what appears to be a man with the right mind set - then hopefully if the Dems loose, it will be to him.

Though time will tell if he stays true to his opening words.