Amazon

The TRUTH

Hmmm women only live for one year..... got it:S:S:S:S

DUDE.. its cumulative and lasts... a lifetime

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/05_47/b3960108.htm

"Similarly, 28% [of Americans] have a college degree"

Do you think that means each year, 28% of Americans are graduating college? Or are even in college?
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

Do you think that means each year, 28% of Americans are graduating college? Or are even in college?

FAIL

try again...:S:S

FAIL

I love irony :)

BTW, I just did a down and dirty calc based on your total population of raped numbers. Given approx 312M people, 156M females, 17% of which have currently been raped, that's a total of 26.5M. Divide by the avg life expectancy of 75 years and you get 353,600 rapes per year -- which of course, leads you right back to my original comment and note that the number of false accusations per rape is no where near 1:10000, but 1:60 (or 1:90 if you prefer)

FAIL

BTW, I just did a down and dirty calc based on your total population of raped numbers. Given approx 312M people, 156M females, 17% of which have currently been raped, that's a total of 26.5M. Divide by the avg life expectancy of 75 years and you get 353,600 rapes per year -- which of course, leads you right back to my original comment and note that the number of false accusations per rape is no where near 1:10000, but 1:60 (or 1:90 if you prefer)

So millions of your sisters, mothers, daughters etc being raped is ok.. got it

ONLY 37 percent even get reported[:/]

Got some Tarn-X for all that ????

FAIL

So millions of your sisters, mothers, daughters etc being raped is ok.. got it

ONLY 37 percent even get reported[:/]

Got some Tarn-X for all that ????

See, when you start slinging things like, "So millions of your sisters, mothers, daughters etc being raped is ok.. got it" you sound like a feminazi.

353,600 rapes is total per year, reported or not. That means 130,000 are reported (about) and 253,000 not reported (about). (353,000 * .37 = 130k ; 353k-130k = 253k). If 130k are reported, that means 3.9k approx are false (130k * .03 -- number is fudged a little, but it won't really matter in the end). To get the ratio of number of unreported rapes to false ones, just divide. 253k / 3.9k = ~ 64.8 (1:64.8 ratio wise) If you want 2% instead of 3%, the number jumps to about 1:96.

I use to be a math major. I promise these calcs are right as long as the data is (which it seems to be). This is like middle school stuff, regardless, subject matter aside. Just because the numbers crunch to something you don't like, doesn't mean I hate women, want to have my way with them at any time, free rapists and give them all medals, etc.

Lets try this again as a starting point...

Consider the following statistics taken from the Full Report of the Prevalence, Incidence, and Consequences of Violence against Women, Findings from the National Violence against Women Survey in November of 2000. 17.6% of women in the United States have survived a completed or attempted rape. Of these, 21.6% were younger than age 12 when they were first raped, and 32.4% were between the ages of 12 and 17. 64% of women who reported being raped, physically assaulted, and/or stalked since age 18 were victimized by a current or former husband, cohabiting partner, boyfriend, or date. The FBI estimates that only 37% of all rapes are reported to the police. U.S. Justice Department statistics are even lower, with only 26% of all rapes or attempted rapes being reported to law enforcement officials.

Lets try this again as a starting point...

Consider the following statistics taken from the Full Report of the Prevalence, Incidence, and Consequences of Violence against Women, Findings from the National Violence against Women Survey in November of 2000. 17.6% of women in the United States have survived a completed or attempted rape. Of these, 21.6% were younger than age 12 when they were first raped, and 32.4% were between the ages of 12 and 17. 64% of women who reported being raped, physically assaulted, and/or stalked since age 18 were victimized by a current or former husband, cohabiting partner, boyfriend, or date. The FBI estimates that only 37% of all rapes are reported to the police. U.S. Justice Department statistics are even lower, with only 26% of all rapes or attempted rapes being reported to law enforcement officials.

Findings from the National Violence against Women Survey in November of 2000. 17.6% of women in the United States have survived a completed or attempted rape.

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/womencensus1.html
"157.2 million The number of females in the United States as of Oct. 1, 2010."

17.6% of the total population of women is 27.6M (157*.176)

So, 27.6M women in the US have been raped.

The FBI estimates that only 37% of all rapes are reported to the police.
Of those 27.6M women, there would have been at most 10.2M reports filed (1 rape per woman, no multiples). That leaves 16.4M unreported rapes. (27.6M-10.2M).

If 10.2M reports would have been filed, with a 3% false report rape, the total number of reports (False + actual) would be 10.5M (10.2M * 100/97). Or put another way, there are .3M (300k) total false reports for the current population. The ratio of false reports to unreported rapes then becomes 16.4M/300k or...drum roll please... 1 false report for every 54.6 unreported rapes (which is pretty close to the 1:60something numbers I had before).

10 year old numbers.....and still low balling it... things that make ya go hmmmmmmmm.... Those are the REPORTED numbers....

So at least another million+ can be added...since 2000

GOT TARNEX ??????

Want to stick with the 7 MYTHS?????

Number 7 seems to be your favorite.

10 year old numbers.....and still low balling it... things that make ya go hmmmmmmmm.... Those are the REPORTED numbers....

GOT TARNEX ??????

Running to tarn-x and crying "myth" won't change the fact you don't get it. And for the record, I'm using the numbers you provided, except for the population of women in the US (which is both recent and irrelevant in the end).

It doesn't matter what the total numbers are, the ratio doesn't change. You still have 35-37% of all rapes being reported. You still have about 17% of the total population having been raped. If you know those two, you automatically know how many unreported rapes there are. You still have 2-3% of the total reports being false. Until those change, you'll always get about 60 unreported rapes for every false one.

You can try and spin this over and over anyway you want, the ratio won't change.

GOT TARNEX ??????

Running to tarn-x and crying "myth" won't change the fact you don't get it. And for the record, I'm using the numbers you provided, except for the population of women in the US (which is both recent and irrelevant in the end).

It doesn't matter what the total numbers are, the ratio doesn't change. You still have 35-37% of all rapes being reported. You still have about 17% of the total population having been raped. If you know those two, you automatically know how many unreported rapes there are. You still have 2-3% of the total reports being false. Until those change, you'll always get about 60 unreported rapes for every false one.

You can try and spin this over and over anyway you want, the ratio won't change.

So why the vested interest in sweeping those numbers under the rug????

Millions of American women have been raped.. and the number gets added to every year in the hudreds of thousands. For most.. they never get any justice since I dont see 15 million rapists in jail.. which is one of the reasons... that most do not report it.

Their knights.... yup.. rather tarnished. Best to not be victimized in the first place.. but if they get personal justice.. I bet they would be in jail in a heartbeat. Cant have those 2/3ers harming the full citizens

I used the numbers you gave, which I'm sure you know, since at this point I'm pretty sure you're more interested in trolling than anything else.

Sorry John.. but the reality for far too high a percentage of women is out there... you and others seem to be incapable of seeing that rather telling TRUTH..

The statistics are there for all to see.. sorry.. you do not WANT to see them for what they really are.

TRUTH is what Cathy Crowell Webb and Jamie Leigh Jones seemed to have a big problem with.

TRUTH is a system that will not prosecute the perpetrators.. without RAPING the victims again over and over.. unless its white woman that was attacked by a black man in the south.

But thats ok John I get it... its the womens fault.. for dressing the wrong way.. and on and on and on...

FUCK.. I suppose you all want women here in the US to wear burkas like the MiddleEast cause you just can't help yourselves... so you do not get all turned on.. and have to rape someone to prevent your blue balls:S:S:S:S:S

Here Professor.. YOU do the numbers since you want to gloss over them

Consider the following statistics taken from the Full Report of the Prevalence, Incidence, and Consequences of Violence against Women, Findings from the National Violence against Women Survey in November of 2000. 17.6% of women in the United States have survived a completed or attempted rape. Of these, 21.6% were younger than age 12 when they were first raped, and 32.4% were between the ages of 12 and 17. 64% of women who reported being raped, physically assaulted, and/or stalked since age 18 were victimized by a current or former husband, cohabiting partner, boyfriend, or date. [RED]The FBI estimates that only 37% of all rapes are reported to the police. U.S. Justice Department statistics are even lower, with only 26% of all rapes or attempted rapes being reported to law enforcement officials.[/RED]

So how many millions of your wives, mothers, daughters, aunts, cousins etc is that.... that you want to gloss over.

Wow, you are the queen of the strawman argument.

GOT TARNEX ??????

Millions of American women have been raped.. and the number gets added to every year in the hudreds of thousands. For most.. they never get any justice since I dont see 15 million rapists in jail.. which is one of the reasons... that most do not report it.

Their knights.... yup.. rather tarnished. Best to not be victimized in the first place.. but if they get personal justice.. I bet they would be in jail in a heartbeat. Cant have those 2/3ers harming the full citizens

so you are saying it is ok to send an inocent man to jail to justify a rape conviction.

I'm still wondering how accurate statistics can be gathered on something nonreported. :|

Sadly I do know quite a few women that were assaulted or raped and not one of them reported it. :(

Women if actually assaulted/raped should go to the hospital and press charges every time as well as publicly villify anyone that reports a false rape.

Anything that a woman wears/does prior to an assault/rape does not excuse a rapists actions.

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

GOT TARNEX ??????

so you are saying it is ok to send an inocent man to jail to justify a rape conviction.

NOpe.. never said that at all.. that is YOUR thinking... BUT your agruement relys on falsehoods and MYTHS far more often just like the MILLIONS of women who are raped and never report it.. Funny.. MOST Rapists use those same myths.. to then further attack and villify their victims.. because their brothers always seem to believe them... and the criminal injustice system and the defense lawyers put the VICTIM on trial... over and over and over...

MILLIONS lets remember that shall we????

GOT TARNEX ??????

NOpe.. never said that at all.. that is YOUR thinking... BUT your agruement relys on falsehoods and MYTHS far more often just like the MILLIONS of women who are raped and never report it.. Funny.. MOST Rapists use those same myths.. to then further attack and villify their victims.. because their brothers always seem to believe them... and the criminal injustice system and the defense lawyers put the VICTIM on trial... over and over and over...

MILLIONS lets remember that shall we????

the victim being put on trial is not a rape trial thing, that is how the defence works for all trials so don't think rape victims are being singled out. It is sad that any victim for any case is put on trial. It is sad that any women is raped, and it is sad that any man is put on trial for a crime they did not commit.

Also since many rapists commit more than 1 rape the number males you want to bash is considerably lower than you might think.

Also since many rapists commit more than 1 rape the number males you want to bash is considerably lower than you might think.

Oh I am quite sure many of them have multiple victims.... but the numbers of predators are STAGGERING....

MILLIONS of predators

MILLIONS of victims... who then get victimized again.. over and over.

Other women see that process and so never report because so many are like you and others here who believe the 7 myths far more than they believe the victims.

Tarnex anyone???

I do not dispute the article although I did not verify it.

One of the last projects I worked on was a domestic violence treatment program that focused on the husband/father/male in an abusive relationship. The object was to break the cycle of domestic violence through educating the perpetrator in nurturing concepts that were not taught in his childhood home.

To facilitate my own awareness, I took a position as a crisis emergency counselor in an established domestic violence and women's shelter program. In FL that field is dominated by strong feminists. In order to work in the field, I had to complete a certification course taught by and for women. My male presence was not welcomed, tolerated only.

The focus of FL DV services is to educate, restrict, punish, incarcerate male offenders. The problem I had was attempting to work with the females in the power positions. Most of these women had been victims in the past. Consequently, they support benign philosophies of treatment but, prejudice from personal experience determines a wall of defense against all males.

Bottom line, the problem is men and men cannot be trusted as partners in problem solution. A man must become passive and subservient to be accepted in the field. Not my personality to be sure, especially, since I was trying to find nonprofit corporate funding.

After two years of frustration, my partner and I turned our backs on our 501(c)3 organization.

I believe I understand the root causes but I doubt the situation will improve any time soon. Especially, since we are bent on diversifying our culture.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

One of the last projects I worked on was a domestic violence treatment program that focused on the husband/father/male in an abusive relationship. The object was to break the cycle of domestic violence through educating the perpetrator in nurturing concepts that were not taught in his childhood home.

To facilitate my own awareness, I took a position as a crisis emergency counselor in an established domestic violence and women's shelter program. In FL that field is dominated by strong feminists. In order to work in the field, I had to complete a certification course taught by and for women. My male presence was not welcomed, tolerated only.

The focus of FL DV services is to educate, restrict, punish, incarcerate male offenders. The problem I had was attempting to work with the females in the power positions. Most of these women had been victims in the past. Consequently, they support benign philosophies of treatment but, prejudice from personal experience determines a wall of defense against all males.

Bottom line, the problem is men and men cannot be trusted as partners in problem solution. A man must become passive and subservient to be accepted in the field. Not my personality to be sure, especially, since I was trying to find nonprofit corporate funding.

After two years of frustration, my partner and I turned our backs on our 501(c)3 organization.

I believe I understand the root causes but I doubt the situation will improve any time soon. Especially, since we are bent on diversifying our culture.

Ah yes.. the good old days... where women got put in their place by their men folk.

Ah yes.. the good old days... where women got put in their place by their men folk.

You just illustrated and confirmed my point.

I make a positive post to support what you stated in the OP and my actual attempt to do something about it. And, all you saw was a twist on the last sentence.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I make a positive post to support what you stated in the OP and my actual attempt to do something about it. And, all you saw was a twist on the last sentence.

Oh I guess the part about the feminist rape victims..... was ???????

Oh I guess the part about the feminist rape victims..... was ???????

Pretty clear, I thought. If you want to change male behavior put down your weapons when you negotiate.

To break the cycle of DV you change the behavior before the crime is committed. Our approach was to work with the father so that he would not teach his dysfunctional behavior to his children.

Good plan.. but getting the alcohol intake under control would do far more.

Absolutely, they go hand-in-hand.

Co-occurring substance use disorder treatment was going to be my specialty in our program. My partner was the family man. We were both certified in "Nurturing Concepts."