Frankyspanky

Ron Paul - Listen to this person he could save your life or at least our economy.

I really like Ron Paul and, he is beginning to gain support in my neighborhood. I just don't know if he is electable.

If he gains sizable support but not majority support, he will assure BHO another four years. It will be a similar situation as with Ross Perot in 1996.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

As long as his thoughts are presented, then that will give the public the opportunity to think about the situation in a realistic manner.

BHO is dishonest; I really do not believe he will be re-elected. Charisma only works for so long, we can easily see through the lies.

If BHO did what he promised; OK. But he 'flips a bitch' on everything he says so...

You'd have to be an idiot to go along with that for another 4 years, especially with our current state of affairs.
Back a hundred years ago, especially around Woodrow Wilson, what happened in this country is we took freedom and we chopped it into pieces.
Ron Paul

this ought to scare the sh..t out of you.

Me? Nah, I have been following all this for a little while now.

Those that have been too busy watching 'dancing with the stars' may get a little dazzled though...

Great presentation, I like the Judge.
Back a hundred years ago, especially around Woodrow Wilson, what happened in this country is we took freedom and we chopped it into pieces.
Ron Paul

If only enough people realize that the republican and the Democratic parties are both the same , both want power and to control the people .

Excellent video ...The fact that Mr.( Nobel peace prize winning ) Obama has an approval rating over 10% is remarkable. just look at the direction we are headed or all the broken promises he has made.

http://youtu.be/_hsquKMi5Ec

So help me understand this. Four years ago Ron Paul was, by the vast majority of people, too goofy to even be considered by the Republican Party. He made some incredibly wild statements and because of that had to go independent to even get on ballots.

Now he's their front runner?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

>So help me understand this. Four years ago Ron Paul was, by the vast majority of
>people, too goofy to even be considered by the Republican Party.

Right. But then the Republicans got their asses handed to them, so it's conceivable they are thinking "well, that didn't work; maybe we should look at alternatives to the same-old same-old."

... and because of that had to go independent to even get on ballots.

Ron Paul refused to run as an Independent and gave up his bid for president after the Republican Primary, as I recall.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul#2008_presidential_campaign

From Wikipedia - "On June 12, 2008, Paul withdrew his bid for the Republican nomination, citing his resources could be better spent on improving America. Some of the $4 million remaining campaign contributions was invested into the new political action and advocacy group called Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty.[132] Paul told the newsmagazine NOW on PBS the goal of the Campaign for Liberty is to "spread the message of the Constitution and limited government, while at the same time organizing at the grassroots level and teaching pro-liberty activists how to run effective campaigns and win elections at every level of government."[133]"

"On September 5, 2008, the Constitution Party of Montana removed Chuck Baldwin from their presidential ticket, replacing him with Ron Paul for president and Michael Peroutka for vice president.[144] Paul made an announcement stating that he "was aware that the party planned to do this, and has said that as long as he can remain passive and silent about the development, and as long as he need not sign any declaration of candidacy, that he does not object."[144] However, Paul requested on September 11 that Montana take his name off the ballot,[145] stating that he did not "seek nor consent" to the Montana Constitution Party's nomination.[145] He also suggested the Party list official Constitution Party nominee Baldwin on the Montana ballot instead.[145] Five days later the Montana Secretary of State denied Paul's request for withdrawal,[146] stating that the request was sent to them too late. On September 4, 2008, a list of electors in Louisiana using the label "Louisiana Taxpayers Party" filed papers and paid $500[147] with the Secretary of State's Office.[147] They are pledged to Paul for President and Barry Goldwater, Jr. for Vice President.[147]
The same day, Paul made a brief press statement: "On the heels of his historic three-day rally in Minneapolis that drew over 12,000 attendees, Congressman Ron Paul will make a major announcement next week in Washington at the National Press Club."[148] The congressman had reportedly invited presidential candidates Chuck Baldwin, Bob Barr, Cynthia McKinney, and Ralph Nader to the press conference, leading some to speculate that they would endorse Paul running for president on the ticket of either the Constitution, Libertarian or other third party.[148][149]
On September 10, 2008, Paul confirmed his "open endorsement" (CNN) for the four candidates at a press conference in Washington D.C.[150] He also revealed that he had rejected a request for an endorsement of John McCain.[151][152] He later appeared on CNN's The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer with Nader where they presented and briefly laid out the four principles that all the independent candidates had agreed on as the most important key issues of the presidential race.[153] On September 22, 2008, in response to a written statement by Bob Barr, Paul abandoned his former neutral stance and announced his support of Chuck Baldwin in the 2008 presidential election.[154]
In the 2008 general election, Paul still received 41,905 votes despite not actively running for the seat.[155][156] He was listed on the ballot in Montana on the Constitution Party label, and in Louisiana on the "Louisiana Taxpayers Party" ticket, and received write-in votes in California (17,006),[157] Pennsylvania (3,527), New Hampshire (1,092), and other states. (Not all U.S. jurisdictions require the counting or reporting of write-in votes.)"
Blue Skies, Soft Docks and Happy Landings!
CWR #23
(It's called CRW, add an e if you like, but I ain't calling it CFS. FU FAI!)

So help me understand this. Four years ago Ron Paul was, by the vast majority of people, too goofy to even be considered by the Republican Party. He made some incredibly wild statements and because of that had to go independent to even get on ballots.

If he shuts up with his strange rabble regarding the IRS and FED abolishment and gold standard stuff, he might actually be a real front-runner this time. People have a short memory.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

As I understand it, and correct me if I am wrong, but what has been considered Republican policy for the past decade has not really been republican policy at all (smaller government etc etc.).

Ron Paul has had the same points for decades and he has stuck to his points, he doesn't back flip for political popularity, he uses his brain and his integrity.

That integrity is paying off now as he has been correct (95% of ) the whole time, though the policies and mindset of the other 'co called' republicans is still quite different to his. People are beginning to wake up to the lies.

People were mostly reluctant to believe that the economy would completely collapse before now, this is the USA we are talking about after all, but now it seems quite inevitable.

The complete collapse of the US economy will result in international financial turmoil. This is why other countries are rapidly moving away from dependency on the dollar, inflation is out of control.

The Muslim countries are moving to gold and silver coins, while that is currently illegal in the USA

This is what Ron Paul has been saying since the 70's.

The constitution is what he has used for a basis of his policies and he is not afraid to point out that people are breaking the law, no matter how heavy handed they are.

He will need some good security if he makes it in as the 'heavy handed ones' have been trying very hard to remove our constitutional rights for quite some time now...

To answer your question, he is not their front man, the 'Giuliani and Palin type' are 'their front men', but they only have rhetoric and lies to present, we are learning to see through all that now days.

The Democrats are no different to (most of the other) Republicans in that sense; they just do (say) what is considered to be popular, not what is considered to be right. Then they just go ahead and do what thay are told by the banksters, completely disregarding the constitution.

Ron Paul was right! 1998-2002 predictions
Ron Paul

Right. But then the Republicans got their asses handed to them, so it's conceivable they are thinking "well, that didn't work; maybe we should look at alternatives to the same-old same-old."

I believe Ron will gain popularity from Democrats and Republicans alike, I love the guy but I am opposed to some of his policies.

He has honesty and he says what is right in his mind and he honours the forefathers and the blood spilled to gain independence and civil liberties, he does not simply say what you want to hear. Once you hear what he has to say, then the policies of the other candidates seem quite irrelevant.

Survival is more important than building an empire.

It is not about Republican v's Democrat this time, this is about saving what is left of America!
Ron Paul

If he shuts up with his strange rabble regarding the IRS and FED abolishment and gold standard stuff, he might actually be a real front-runner this time. People have a short memory.

If you look into it, you will find that is the root of all the problems.

Money based on nothing can only last so long, people have a short memeory.
Ron Paul

I believe that Ron Paul is a distraction, and I can't take him seriously.

President's normally don't come from the House of Represenatives. I think Lincoln and Ford are the only two with just house experience.

Going with Ford as it more fits the modern context he was an extremely respected and powerful congressman, serving as house minority leader for 8 years and probably lead the strongest republican showing in the house since reconstruction. Once he got elected to the presidency he showed how legislative experience doesn't translate into executive and largely was just a placeholder president between Carter and Reagan.

Dr. Paul on the other hand is largely considered a joke among his peers. He continually sponsors legislation that is so outlandish it will never even pass through a committee. Since 1997 he has sponsored 411 bills, of which only one has been enacted. While most bills from any congressman don't make it through, the average is around 5%...way above Dr. Paul's anemic .2%.Dr. Paul has ideas, the problem is that his ideas only seem to make sense in the vacuum he creates for himself and his colleagues and the pundits understand they aren't workable in the political reality.

I like Dr. Paul being in the house. He continually throws ideas out there, like pasta against a wall, and sometimes one out of the myriad stick, that's a good thing. But as president Dr. Paul would be expected to be the leader of his party, the leader of the government, the leader of the nation, and the leader of the free world, and the emphasis isn't going to be on the 1 good idea, it's going to be on the 11,999 bizarre and unworkable ideas that he keeps thumping on the people.

My .02, and I'm interested to see how this all plays out.
Peace, love and hoppiness

I believe that Ron Paul is a distraction, and I can't take him seriously.

Ron Paul is a distraction?

He is his own man, he stands for what we have always been told that we should all stand for and he is not afraid to take on the daunting process of reversing the current sad state of affairs.

He has more 'balls' than any of the other puppets out there, don't be fooled by his appearance and politeness, if in power his ‘work’ would be very stern indeed for anyone that decides that change is not in order.

He knows the rules, and he knows them better than every one else it seems.

He is what we need right now, a rude awakening.
Ron Paul

He knows the rules, and he knows them better than every one else it seems.

I don't think so. I think he's also pretty far out of touch with reality when it comes to things like abolishing the IRS and doing away with FEMA.

While he may say some things that sound good on the surface, quite a few other things just aren't based in any sort of reality.
quade -

In all seriousness, this is why Ron Paul will never be elected President (at least, unless he becomes Vice President first):

His personality is too weird, and he can't control it; and weird doesn't sell when it comes to the guy whose finger goes on the nuclear button.

Nixon was weird, but times were different back then, and he was able to hide it from the public long enough to grab the brass ring. Jerry Brown was (and still is) weird, and didn't hide it; so whenever he tried to run for president, not enough people took him seriously.

US politics has proven that "stupid" can sell in the national arena. But at the end of the day, "weird" cannot.

If you look into it, you will find that is the root of all the problems.

Money based on nothing can only last so long, people have a short memeory.

Common people may have short memories, but not economists, financial experts and money managers. Remember, the Gold Standard collapsed. It was not just abandoned for "something better".

You are talking about pegging something that's value is based on want to something else that's value is based on want. It's the same thing but with a middle-man that itself is subject to fluctuations. Problem now is the dollar would then be based on something that has variable value and finite amounts that can only cause deflation.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Common people may have short memories, but not economists, financial experts and money managers. Remember, the Gold Standard collapsed.

And the current gold rush could (probably should) collapse at any minute.

What, exactly, is the intrinsic value of gold anyway? It's only "valuable" because people say it is. Same as paper money. It's a bit more difficult to extract from the ground than paper money is to print, but if the zombie-apocalypse ever came to pass, it would be less valuable than a clean cup of drinking water.
quade -

Common people may have short memories, but not economists, financial experts and money managers. Remember, the Gold Standard collapsed.

What, exactly, is the intrinsic value of gold anyway? It's only "valuable" because people say it is. Same as paper money. It's a bit more difficult to extract from the ground than paper money is to print, but if the zombie-apocalypse ever came to pass, it would be less valuable than a clean cup of drinking water.

Commercial applications. And it takes huge industries to extract and make it useful efficiently.

Commercial applications. And it takes huge industries to extract and make it useful efficiently.

Be that as it may. If it all vanished over night, the world would go on.

Most of the world's gold isn't used in commercial applications unless you include jewelry. True, some gets used in connectors and that's a good application since it doesn't corrode, but if it wasn't gold, it would be something else. Gold isn't -required- it's actually just the least expensive solution to the problem and with the price of gold doing what it has been for the last year or two, I'd expect that to change soon.
quade -

Ah.. No. Gold's use is mostly for cosmetic dentistry and jewelry. Industrial applications is pittance. But then again, you could say you were right, since jewelery is a commercial application ;).

And of course huge industries extract it! With fools willing to pay $1,500 /oz for it! lol
Remster

Ah.. No. Gold's use is mostly for cosmetic dentistry and jewelry. Industrial applications is pittance. But then again, you could say you were right, since jewelery is a commercial application ;).

And of course huge industries extract it! With fools willing to pay $1,500 /oz for it! lol

Eh. . .ill agree with the jewelry over commercial application stuff. But calling Flavor-Flav jacked up grill as a foolish endeavor? . .

:D:D