sabre1700

Be extra careful this Saturday!

Untold millions have never and will never even have the opportunity to learn about Jesus Christ, let alone accept him as their savior.

According to your belief these people, men, women, and children will all burn in hell forever because they have not accepted that Jesus is their savior. They were doomed to eternal torment from the day they were conceived.

Again, no one goes to hell because they haven't heard of Jesus. They will go to hell for breaking God's moral law. Sin is defined in the Bible as transgression of the law.

What a ludicrous notion. No loving god would ever put a system like this in place.

A loving God cannot permit injustice. Some say that because God is love, he cannot hate. I say that because God is love, he must hate. If God loves that which is holy, he must hate that which is unholy. A just judge cannot let the criminal go unpunished without justice being served. If he did, he would be as corrupt as the criminal.

The notion that god rewards the just and punishes the wicked still exists only because people are angry about the shit that goes on in the world and afraid of the unknown that awaits us all

Better be right...

I have a conscience. I recieved it through evolution, the teaching of my parents, and my experiences during my formative years.
I know that when I was born that I was absolutely not guilty of anything.
I know that when I die, I will return to nothingness. I came from nothing...it wasn't that bad.(paraphrasing Dr. Kevorkian). I'm completely OK with that.

Your mythical god has nothing to do with reality. If it did, there would be objective evidence of it. I have no clue why you need some magic carrot/stick approach to live a good life. I have no idea why you believe in things that make absolutely no rational sense in order feel worthwhile. I don't need those things, and I resent it when your kind shoves it down the throats of those too weak minded to see through your bullshit.

So if you keep repeating this drivel enough times do you think it will actually come true? You have no more proof of your after life beliefs than anyone else. But hey if it gives you peace and a warm fuzzy feeling then go for it. Just don't be shoving your beliefs down my throat and tell me I have to live in culture governed by your goofy ideas. If Jesus is who He said He is, then the proof of God is self evident. If He is not, then what does it matter what anybody believes?

I have a conscience. I recieved it through evolution, the teaching of my parents, and my experiences during my formative years.
I know that when I die, I will return to nothingness. I came from nothing...it wasn't that bad.(paraphrasing Dr. Kevorkian). I'm completely OK with that.

Your mythical god has nothing to do with reality. If it did, there would be objective evidence of it. I have no clue why you need some magic carrot/stick approach to live a good life. I have no idea why you believe in things that make absolutely no rational sense in order feel worthwhile. I don't need those things, and I resent it when your kind shoves it down the throats of those too weak minded to see through your bullshit.

So if you keep repeating this drivel enough times do you think it will actually come true? You have no more proof of your after life beliefs than anyone else. But hey if it gives you peace and a warm fuzzy feeling then go for it. Just don't be shoving your beliefs down my throat and tell me I have to live in culture governed by your goofy ideas. If Jesus is who He said He is, then the proof of God is self evident. If He is not, then what does it matter what anybody believes?

We've been through this before, Max. Society suffers when governed by delusional people. Keep the religious bullshit out of school, government, and society at large, and we will all be better off for it.
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

Wow...Jesus is going to be showing up in the clouds this weekend? That dude better be careful...if he turns up at the wrong DZ he might die in a canopy collision before he gets a chance to walk on water in the swoop pond.

PS to Mr. Walking-on-Water Jesus--at Skydance the Swoop Pond is a Gun Club--just saying!!!
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

+1

There are obviously hatefull, delusional extremists on both sides...and they're just as dangerous to.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

+1

There are obviously hatefull, delusional extremists on both sides...and they're just as dangerous to.(
The "true believers" have the delusional end won hands down...by definition.
Hateful? perhaps.
Dangerous?... So are we talking "Crusades" dangerous "clinic bombing"dangerous, "drowning my kids because god told me to" dangerous, or "suicide bombing" dangerous? (I guess it dosen't matter...the true believers have all this shit locked up too.)
Is it an atheist crime wave sweeping your world, organized by a dude with horns and a pitchfork?(Probably not... athiests don't believe in that mythical bullshit either.:|)
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."

Better be right...

...or the boogie man will get you!! (like he did Anne Frank) :S

Not talking about the boogie man here but "It is a terrible thing to fall onto the hands of the living God." As it stands right now, you will not br greeted as a friend when you die...because you are guilty of breaking the law....countless times, if you're like the rest of us. I know you don't believe it but it would be good to at least to be informed of what's to come and why. Hell is hot and it's forever. But, it's not too late. You don't know, however, how long you have. I have lost many friends unexpectedly. Even though the prospect of eternal punishment should frighten anyone, no one should turn to Jesus because they're afraid of hell. They should turn to Jesus because he has been so kind to save them from hell.

I don't see any signs of rapturing going on in Philadelphia. Maybe when I get to Chicago it will have started.

Wont start till 6:00 PM local time. You still have a few hours to get your affairs in order.

Of course it was supposed to begin in New Zealand at 6:00 PM their time
which has already come and gone. No earthquake so far.

Can you say hallelujah? :)
I'm thinking the Camping camp should be posting a "Never mind!" on their site
but apparently its down.

Perhaps they have already been whisked off to heaven?
__

My mighty steed

Again, no one goes to hell because they haven't heard of Jesus. They will go to hell for breaking God's moral law. Sin is defined in the Bible as transgression of the law.

Oh. Well its a good thing that everyone on earth has access to bibles then.
Or are you going to claim that we all are born with the understanding of the "law" as its defined in the bible?

A loving God cannot permit injustice.

Then there is no loving God as you define him. The world and all of human history are overflowing with direct evidence that God permits injustice.

Some say that because God is love, he cannot hate. I say that because God is love, he must hate. If God loves that which is holy, he must hate that which is unholy. A just judge cannot let the criminal go unpunished without justice being served. If he did, he would be as corrupt as the criminal.

A "just judge" would not sentence millions of good people to eternal torment.
Its pretty clear that a huge percentage of the worlds population have never and will never be educated with regard to the bibles definition of the law.

Never being made aware of the "law" or its significance with regard to the fate of their eternals souls, they never even have a shot at living according to this law.

They were "corrupt criminals" from the moment of their births.
Totally unholy without even a minute chance for redemption.

Off to hell with them.

A just judge? I think not.

I guess in Gods kingdom ignorance of the law is no excuse even if knowledge of that law, or even the fact of its existence, has been denied them.

Better be right...

I'm 99% sure that I'm right ;)

Salvation then is based solely on where you were born and how you were educated.

Aren't you the lucky one? In the cosmic game of roulette the little steel ball that is your soul just happened to drop into the right slot :)
Still, I dont bemoan my own fate. Since by most accounts, a person can be totally evil for the entirety of their life and then at the final moment if they truly repent and ask Jesus to save them, off to heaven they go.

Heaven may well have a lot of bad people in it. Hell will almost certainly house a lot of good people to keep me company.

Sounds like a pretty shitty system :S
__

My mighty steed

The really funny thing about all these Christians laughing about the rapture happening today is they all believe in 99.99% of all the same bullshit. They just disagree on the small detail of when everyone floats around with wings and plays the harp. Most Christrians are too chickenshit to make claims that can be disproven.

At least this Camping guy today had the balls to go out on a limb.

The really funny thing about all these Christians laughing about the rapture happening today is they all believe in 99.99% of all the same bullshit. They just disagree on the small detail of when everyone floats around with wings and plays the harp. Most Christrians are too chickenshit to make claims that can be disproven.

At least this Camping guy today had the balls to go out on a limb.

You show your ignorance by your generalizations. That's what happens when you don't really read anything but just pop in for a "drive by" shooting every once in a while. Makes it hard to take seriously.

Better be right...

...or the boogie man will get you!! (like he did Anne Frank) :S

Not talking about the boogie man here but "It is a terrible thing to fall onto the hands of the living God." As it stands right now, you will not br greeted as a friend when you die...because you are guilty of breaking the law....countless times, if you're like the rest of us. I know you don't believe it but it would be good to at least to be informed of what's to come and why. Hell is hot and it's forever. But, it's not too late. You don't know, however, how long you have. I have lost many friends unexpectedly. Even though the prospect of eternal punishment should frighten anyone, no one should turn to Jesus because they're afraid of hell. They should turn to Jesus because he has been so kind to save them from hell.

Pathetic.....you've based your entire existence on someone elses mythologic delusions, groveling before an imagined god to save yourself from the hell you allowed them to create in your mind.
As a human being, I'm ashamed of you. Nature gave you an amazing mind and you squander it like this...:S

It's time to grow up and be an adult about these matters. Sure it would be nice if we could all live for ever and never die. But that's not reality and reality is something, unlike the supernatural world you claim to inhabit, even if you stop believing in it, reality will still exist.

You know there is no god... and I know your right.

Oh. Well its a good thing that everyone on earth has access to bibles then.
Or are you going to claim that we all are born with the understanding of the "law" as its defined in the bible?

For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus. (Romans 2:14-16)

]Then there is no loving God as you define him. The world and all of human history are overflowing with direct evidence that God permits injustice.

God’s permissive will allows for injustice to occur in our fallen world. He will allow you to act out according to the greatest desires of your heart. Even so, God overrules your evil deeds/thoughts for His good. In the end, it will all work out according to His eternal decree and righteous plan. However, just because God knows your evil thoughts and what you will do does not make him the primary cause of your actions. You are a responsible moral agent.

A "just judge" would not sentence millions of good people to eternal torment.
Its pretty clear that a huge percentage of the worlds population have never and will never be educated with regard to the bibles definition of the law.

A just judge ensures that justice is done. All these “good” people that you mention are guilty of the same sins you and I are. That’s the point. (Romans 3:23)

Never being made aware of the "law" or its significance with regard to the fate of their eternals souls, they never even have a shot at living according to this law.

They were "corrupt criminals" from the moment of their births.
Totally unholy without even a minute chance for redemption.

Everyone inevitably translates original sin into their own. You know it’s wrong to sin (pick one) yet you do it anyway. Most people know that it’s wrong to lie yet they do it anyway. You can’t claim ignorance or that you were set up.

I guess in Gods kingdom ignorance of the law is no excuse even if knowledge of that law, or even the fact of its existence, has been denied them.

That’s not the case as was stated earlier.

Salvation then is based solely on where you were born and how you were educated.

Aren't you the lucky one? In the cosmic game of roulette the little steel ball that is your soul just happened to drop into the right slot :)

It is true that we are fortunate to have lived in a place where at least access to the scripture and the gospel message are available. You are fortunate to have heard what you are rejecting now. Many people don’t get that chance. That’s why Christians need to take the gospel to those people who might not ever hear it.

Still, I dont bemoan my own fate. Since by most accounts, a person can be totally evil for the entirety of their life and then at the final moment if they truly repent and ask Jesus to save them, off to heaven they go.

Everyone is totally evil from God’s perspective throughout the course of their entire lives until God changes the nature of that person.

Heaven may well have a lot of bad people in it. Hell will almost certainly house a lot of good people to keep me company.

Because of Jesus Christ, all those “bad” people who turn to Him in repentance and faith can now be “seen as” good people not because of anything they’ve done but because of what Jesus did on their behalf.

Proof! PROOF! Undeniable proof!

I'm definitely charging tonight's dinner on my Amex, and leaving an outrageous tip! :ph34r:

PM me your Amex number so I can get a nice steak too! :)
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

As a human being, I'm ashamed of you. Nature gave you an amazing mind and you squander it like this...:S

Well, as crazy as it may seem, i'd rather be in a right standing with my God than with you. Nevertheless, I wish you well.

But what if the Hindus got it right. You'll be right up sh1t creek then.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

"Retired Metropolitan Transportation Authority worker Robert Fitzpatrick, 60, said he spent more than $140,000 of his savings on subway posters and bus shelter advertisements warning of the May 21 Judgment Day.
"God's people are commanded to sound the warning, to sound the trumpet so to speak so people know," Fitzpatrick said of his advertising blitz.
Fitzpatrick said Camping led him to believe Judgment Day would be May 21, but added that he disagreed with the broadcaster's prediction it would begin in Asia."

It's truly amazing that there are such MORONS as to believe all this crap.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.