JohnRich

"Somebody's" Future Crime Prediction In Action

UK News:
Farmer menaced with death threats by gang of travellers dials 999... and police turn up to confiscate her shotguns

Having confronted travellers cutting down trees on her farm, terminally-ill Tracy St Clair Pearce found herself subjected to a terrifying ordeal. Some of the group pelted her with rocks while a youth threatened to slit her throat and slaughter her cattle. When she dialled 999 she expected the full weight of the law to be on her side.

Instead, however, police officers criticised her for inflaming the situation and confiscated her legally held shotguns – even though they had been locked away in a cabinet at home throughout the incident...
Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1380753/Farmers-fury-gipsy-death-threats-999-results-legally-held-guns-confiscated-case-retaliates.html

I see nothing in the article about Kallend. Nor, for that matter, have I seen anything in Kallend's posts that advocates doing what those UK police did.

You're big on pointing out DZ.com posting protocol. Perhaps you should review this:

Threads about other posters

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1721938;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

...Also, trying to dress your attacks up as a poll (poll: is Joe an idiot? poll: should Jack admit he's wrong?, etc) is a not very clever way to disguise a personal attack, and will not be tolerated.

I think you've taken a reasonable message but diluted its effect by couching it in terms of a personal swipe.

Here is another example of the gun grabbers going after a law abiding firearms owner who was only trying to prevent himself and his neighbors from being helpless victims of crime while they waited for the police to arrive after calling 911.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5xnTZEj17I

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I see nothing in the article about Kallend. Nor, for that matter, have I seen anything in Kallend's posts that advocates doing what those UK police did.

Then you haven't followed "Somebody's" posts closely enough.

You're big on pointing out DZ.com posting protocol. Perhaps you should review this:
"Threads about other posters..."

There are no insults, either overt or implied, in my posting. This post simply goes to the kind of action that "Somebody" advocates to prevent "nuts" from having guns. It's not about "Somebody", but rather his idea for preemptive gun confiscation action against people who act oddly.

Then you haven't followed kallend's posts closely enough.

Sure I have.

At times like this, I'd expect John to challenge you to find a post of his in which he advocates doing what those police did re: that woman. So fine; you stand my your post, and I'll stand by mine.

i think you're a little bit delusional...
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

:o

:D:D:D

10 for 10

:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Irony score: OFF THE FRIGGIN CHARTS !!! :o
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

For those that said the police were correct to confiscate her legally held shotguns *that were not involved and were locked up during this situation*... Why?

Duh, because guns are bad stupid peasants can't be trusted with them.
[/sarcasm]
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

A few questions I have are, does the owner have any recourse for getting the firearms back? Is there a legal channel that she can pursue? If so, what are the chances that she would be successful?

Is there a possibility, since she is apparently dying and therefore "could be" on hard-narcs/drugs for pain management, that this could be the "reason" for the confiscation?
Randomly f'n thingies up since before I was born...

For those that said the police were correct to confiscate her legally held shotguns *that were not involved and were locked up during this situation*... Why?

I guess they thought she was angry enough that she might use her shotguns on the squatters who were camping on her land, cutting down her trees, and threatening her life and her livestock. And they sure as heck can't have farmers defending themselves and their property from hooligans!

Lord Rothermere, The Daily Mail (10th July, 1933)

I urge all British young men and women to study closely the progress of the Nazi regime in Germany. They must not be misled by the misrepresentations of its opponents. The most spiteful distracters of the Nazis are to be found in precisely the same sections of the British public and press as are most vehement in their praises of the Soviet regime in Russia.

They have started a clamorous campaign of denunciation against what they call "Nazi atrocities" which, as anyone who visits Germany quickly discovers for himself, consists merely of a few isolated acts of violence such as are inevitable among a nation half as big again as ours, but which have been generalized, multiplied and exaggerated to give the impression that Nazi rule is a bloodthirsty tyranny.

The German nation, moreover, was rapidly falling under the control of its alien elements. In the last days of the pre-Hitler regime there were twenty times as many Jewish Government officials in Germany as had existed before the war. Israelites of international attachments were insinuating themselves into key positions in the German administrative machine. Three German Ministers only had direct relations with the Press, but in each case the official responsible for conveying news and interpreting policy to the public was a Jew.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/BUrothermere.htm

Your credibility was shot by the time you claimed "I think."

ok then - you're definitely a little bit delusional...

ok then - you're definitely a little bit delusional...

If that is the way I appear from your standpoint, I must be doing something right.