jimbrown

How often do you believe the federal government?

In my lifetime the following Presidents of the USA have outright and knowingly lied to Congress and/or the American people:

Truman
Eisenhower
Kennedy
Johnson
Nixon
Carter
Reagan
Bush 1
Clinton
Bush 2

Not sure if Ford or Obama outright lied, but I suspect so.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Obama, yeah most likely but Ford, that luckless fucker didn't have time enough to finish his first cup of coffee of White House coffee, much less have anything to lie about before he was voted out in favor of JC. :D

The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

Depends on who is talking, right?

Throwing every public employee into one big bucket makes the question kinda meaningless.

You are right about that , champu.
I believe almost all of the data from NOAA.

Let me ask you about official reports on foreign policy.

Do you believe these reports to be true?

Peace,
Jim B.

It's just the old joke:

How do you know when a politician is lying?

His lips are moving.

That's just crazy isn't it?
That we really don't believe what our elected representatives tell us.

Is that our fault ?

Are we as a people too damn cynical?

Or is it the governments' fault?

After telling lie after lie after lie, why should the average citizen believe them today?

Peace,
Jim B

Jim... you seem to have a real issue with the federal gooberment, on multiple levels. Personally, I can't really say that I blame you as they do seem to provide us ample noggin fodder for questioning the status quo. This being said...

What do you propose we, as in the American people, do about it? Do you propose peaceful demonstrations to effect change like the Egypt? Do you propose anarchy / civil war to return America back to it's whatever fundamental values you feel were lost? Do you advocate becoming involved in the political process ourselves and effecting change from within the system? Do you hope to create change by beating your chest and whipping up public fervor so their hands get dirty and your don't?

I guess I'm just asking you, what the hell do you want and how do you propose to get it?
Randomly f'n thingies up since before I was born...

Jim... you seem to have a real issue with the federal gooberment, on multiple levels. Personally, I can't really say that I blame you as they do seem to provide us ample noggin fodder for questioning the status quo. This being said...

What do you propose we, as in the American people, do about it? Do you propose peaceful demonstrations to effect change like the Egypt? Do you propose anarchy / civil war to return America back to it's whatever fundamental values you feel were lost? Do you advocate becoming involved in the political process ourselves and effecting change from within the system? Do you hope to create change by beating your chest and whipping up public fervor so their hands get dirty and your don't?

I guess I'm just asking you, what the hell do you want and how do you propose to get it?

LOL! That's a good question.
"I just want to be left alone:
I have my steel belted radials and color TV, now just leave me the fuck alone!!LOL!

Revolution?
I haven't thought that far ahead but I know there is something wrong when your choice is limited to having the government gropeing your junk or take video of you naked when you just want to get on a goddamn flight to Miami!
And why can't the boys come home?
We are spending all this money around the world on wars that seemingly have no finish line! What is the goal? Can we "win" or have we already lost?
I don't know what to tell you but the economy is a mess and the dollar is only worth what they say it is today. Gas prices are going through the roof !
There is oil in the Gulf and radiation in the Pacific and we just keep on going to our jobs every day like everything is fine!
The air isn't fit to breathe,the water isn't fit to drink ,andwe all go on like everything is just fine!!!
Well it's not fine!!!!!!!!
We watch the news and today we had 15 homicides and 62 violent crimes and some how we are ok with the way our government is handling our buisiness! And this is what we are paying so many tax dollars for?
We pay about 40% of our hard earned wages to tax and this is what we get?
" Police need your help to find a suspect"
What the fuck!!
What would be a cops response if I flagged him down and told him I need some help to unload this truckload of concrete block?
No I don't want you to riot .I don't want you to protest . I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the gas prices
I'm not going to tell you to write to your Congressman because I wouldn't know what the hell you should say!

One thing I do know is that we should all be mad as Hell right now!
I want you to get mad !
I wan't you to be Mad as hell!!!

Peace,
Jim B.

government gropeing your junk, goddamn flight, the boys come home, wars, the economy, the dollar, Gas prices, oil, radiation, jobs, air isn't fit to breathe, water isn't fit to drink, watch the news, 15 homicides, 62 violent crimes, tax dollars, 40%, wages, Police need your help...

This is a perfect example of what I like call "information age meltdown."

Peace,
Jim B.

Indeed.

LOL! That's a good question.
"I just want to be left alone:
I have my steel belted radials and color TV, now just leave me the fuck alone!!LOL!

Revolution?
I haven't thought that far ahead but I know there is something wrong when your choice is limited to having the government gropeing your junk or take video of you naked when you just want to get on a goddamn flight to Miami!
And why can't the boys come home?
We are spending all this money around the world on wars that seemingly have no finish line! What is the goal? Can we "win" or have we already lost?
I don't know what to tell you but the economy is a mess and the dollar is only worth what they say it is today. Gas prices are going through the roof !
There is oil in the Gulf and radiation in the Pacific and we just keep on going to our jobs every day like everything is fine!
The air isn't fit to breathe,the water isn't fit to drink ,andwe all go on like everything is just fine!!!
Well it's not fine!!!!!!!!
We watch the news and today we had 15 homicides and 62 violent crimes and some how we are ok with the way our government is handling our buisiness! And this is what we are paying so many tax dollars for?
We pay about 40% of our hard earned wages to tax and this is what we get?
" Police need your help to find a suspect"
What the fuck!!
What would be a cops response if I flagged him down and told him I need some help to unload this truckload of concrete block?

I'm not going to tell you to write to your Congressman because I wouldn't know what the hell you should say!

Peace,
Jim B.

Yeah, OK. Now that you've gotten that off your chest, let's see if you can focus on the actual question posed to you:

what the hell do you want and how do you propose to get it?

In my lifetime the following Presidents of the USA have outright and knowingly lied to Congress and/or the American people:

Truman
Eisenhower
Kennedy
Johnson
Nixon
Carter
Reagan
Bush 1
Clinton
Bush 2

Not sure if Ford or Obama outright lied, but I suspect so.

Obama, has outright lied to the American People on multipul occasions, Ford?? 'm not sure, but possible.

government gropeing your junk, goddamn flight, the boys come home, wars, the economy, the dollar, Gas prices, oil, radiation, jobs, air isn't fit to breathe, water isn't fit to drink, watch the news, 15 homicides, 62 violent crimes, tax dollars, 40%, wages, Police need your help...

This is a perfect example of what I like call "information age meltdown."

Peace,
Jim B.

Indeed.

So what?
Are you ok with all this?
Are you ok with your government torturing "suspects" and never holding trials?
Are you ok with trials being held in private?

me , I AM MAD AS HELL!!!!!!!!!

Peace,
Jim B

[ LOL!
Yeah, OK. Now that you've gotten that off your chest, let's see if you can focus on the actual question posed to you:

what the hell do you want and how do you propose to get it?

I don't know ,Andy !
I'm not sure what I want.
I would like for the government to be ruled by the Constitution.
Also and really in the same vein,
I'd like Congress to coin our money.
I'd like the Federal Reserve to die a quick and speedy death.
I'd also like to withdraw all the billions we've paid them in bonuses.

I'd like for the government to start telling us the Truth!

We pay for it , we are entitled to the Truth.

Other than that my needs are pretty simple.

Currently I'm living under a tarp at beautiful Lake Jocassee ,SC.

This place is Eden!!!

Peace,
Jim B

This place is Eden!!!

Peace,
Jim B
----------------------------------------------------------

Well said & in total agreement!

To your initial poll:

"...do you believe the federal government ?"

From past & recent indications, how can we ?

From past & recent facts & whistle blowing, hardly !

From personal experience...absolutely not !

That part does not surprise me. That you have a computer and electricity available to you does.

Wi Fi in the campground! Is that so cool or what! For eight dollars a day!!!
And when I paddle just outside the campground I stay for free!

I think that is what the Creator intended. That we all live for free.
Do you think differently?

There are brown trout here ,Andy, fifteen feet below my canoe and the water is so clear I can see every detai of their facial features!
The beaches here are all either stone or sand.
There are no mucky ,silty egress and ingress to these waters.

The other day I walked up on a black bear.

He noticed me at about the same time I realized what he was.
At first glance I thought he was a big dog and looked up to engage his owner in conversation.
When he turned 90 degrees to me I immediatley
noticed that box looking jaw!!!LOL!!

Life is good here Andy!

Peace and love.
Jim B

This place is Eden!!!

Peace,
Jim B
----------------------------------------------------------

Well said & in total agreement!

To your initial poll:

"...do you believe the federal government ?"

From past & recent indications, how can we ?

From past & recent facts & whistle blowing, hardly !

From personal experience...absolutely not !

Isn't that kinda sad young lady?
That our government routinely lies to us ?

Like are all of our neighbors so dumb that they didn't notice?

Peace,
Jim B

OK... where to begin...

Wi Fi in the campground! Is that so cool or what! For eight dollars a day!!!
And when I paddle just outside the campground I stay for free!

The campground pays to have and provide wi-fi. If you're staying just outside the campground, but helping yourself to their spill-over wi-fi, knowing that their wi-fi is a service/product for which they expect to be paid, it's possibly theft of services; and even if technically it's not, it's unethical. Morally, I think you should voluntarily pay them a pro-rata amount for the use of their wi-fi.

I think that is what the Creator intended. That we all live for free.
Do you think differently?

I think you've got "living free" confused with "living for free".

There are brown trout here ,Andy, fifteen feet below my canoe and the water is so clear I can see every detail of their facial features!

Cool! Who do you recognize?

The other day I walked up on a black bear.

He noticed me at about the same time I realized what he was.
At first glance I thought he was a big dog and looked up to engage his owner in conversation.

Dogs don't talk. Except for Brian Griffin, but he's a special exception.

Life is good here Andy!

Carry on, Don Quixote.